PDA

View Full Version : Hopes fade for crapspeed founder Paul Smith

spindrift
November 20th 07, 09:44 AM
It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo

"Do that twice!"

What a knob end.

Tom Crispin
November 20th 07, 05:04 PM
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST), spindrift
> wrote:

>It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
>"Do that twice!"
>
>What a knob end.

Was that his car parked just behind him?

spindrift
November 20th 07, 05:19 PM
On 20 Nov, 17:04, Tom Crispin >
wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST), spindrift
>
> > wrote:
> >It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
> >"Do that twice!"
>
> >What a knob end.
>
> Was that his car parked just behind him?

We need to get this man as much exposure as we can.

Nothing else will make the public realise what a gormless **** he is.

Paul Boyd[_2_]
November 20th 07, 06:57 PM
On 20/11/2007 09:44, spindrift said,

> What a knob end.

Is this the guy that thinks people will take him seriously?!?!

<Polite> He doesn't come across very well. <\Polite>

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Ian Smith
November 20th 07, 07:51 PM
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:57:19 +0000, Paul Boyd > wrote:
> On 20/11/2007 09:44, spindrift said,
>
> > What a knob end.
>
> Is this the guy that thinks people will take him seriously?!?!
>
> <Polite> He doesn't come across very well. <\Polite>

I'm trying to understand. Surely it's a good thing if people that
ignore court summons and suchlike have some penalty imposed?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Paul Boyd[_2_]
November 20th 07, 09:38 PM
On 20/11/2007 19:51, Ian Smith said,

> I'm trying to understand. Surely it's a good thing if people that
> ignore court summons and suchlike have some penalty imposed?

Of course they should - is that what he was saying? Like I said, he
doesn't come across well - I was more distracted by his personal
presentation that what he was saying, and that isn't a good thing for
someone trying to make a point :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Ian Smith
November 20th 07, 10:05 PM
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:38:51 +0000, Paul Boyd > wrote:
> On 20/11/2007 19:51, Ian Smith said,
>
> > I'm trying to understand. Surely it's a good thing if people that
> > ignore court summons and suchlike have some penalty imposed?
>
> Of course they should - is that what he was saying?

I think so - he says something like "suppose you happen to lose or
perhaps just ignore two separate court summons, well then you might
end up disqualified from driving". This delivered with an outraged,
what-is-the-world-coming-to sort of tone.

If you shut your eyes (so the middle-world-like visuals don't put you
off) it is a remarkably good David Brent impersonation, however.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

vernon[_2_]
November 20th 07, 11:24 PM
"spindrift" > wrote in message
> On 20 Nov, 17:04, Tom Crispin >
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST), spindrift
>>
>> > wrote:
>> >It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>>
>> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>>
>> >"Do that twice!"
>>
>> >What a knob end.
>>
>> Was that his car parked just behind him?
>
> We need to get this man as much exposure as we can.
>
> Nothing else will make the public realise what a gormless **** he is.

But there are lots of gormless folk out there who will believe what he's
saying and add their hitherto silent voices to the protests.....

David Hansen
November 21st 07, 08:45 AM
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
spindrift > wrote this:-

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
>"Do that twice!"
>
>What a knob end.

As I recollect from his brief appearance in newsgroups Mr Smith
considers that he represents "serious" motorists. I wonder whether a
"serious" motorist would "mislay" a document to do with their
motoring? Sounds unlikely to me.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

spindrift
November 21st 07, 08:49 AM
On 21 Nov, 08:45, David Hansen >
wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
> spindrift > wrote this:-
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
> >"Do that twice!"
>
> >What a knob end.
>
> As I recollect from his brief appearance in newsgroups Mr Smith
> considers that he represents "serious" motorists. I wonder whether a
> "serious" motorist would "mislay" a document to do with their
> motoring? Sounds unlikely to me.
>
> --
> David Hansen, Edinburgh
> I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
> http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

His toady acolytes have popped up to defend him in comments now. Well,
one has. He claims Smith appears in the newspapers so must be
trustworthy.

Kenneth MacKenzie
November 21st 07, 08:56 AM
spindrift > writes:

> We need to get this man as much exposure as we can.

Perhaps a nude calendar?

Dave Larrington
November 21st 07, 09:18 AM
In ,
spindrift > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

> His toady acolytes have popped up to defend him in comments now. Well,
> one has. He claims Smith appears in the newspapers so must be
> trustworthy.

Like Sir Ian Bliar, Alistair Darling, etc. etc.

--
Dave Larrington
While you were out at the Rollright Stones, I came and set fire

spindrift
November 21st 07, 09:53 AM
On 21 Nov, 09:18, "Dave Larrington" >
wrote:
> ,
> spindrift > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>
> > His toady acolytes have popped up to defend him in comments now. Well,
> > one has. He claims Smith appears in the newspapers so must be
> > trustworthy.
>
> Like Sir Ian Bliar, Alistair Darling, etc. etc.
>
> --
> Dave Larrington
> <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
> While you were out at the Rollright Stones, I came and set fire
> to your Shed.

Great idea kenneth:

This bearded **** (Smith) appears in the newspapers so he must be
trustworthy? Like Jade Goody, you mean?

If publicity automatically bestows credibility then I've a great idea
for Smith- a nude calendar!

He could pose with a traffic cone stuck up his arse!

In fact he could "Do it twice!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo

Mark[_3_]
November 21st 07, 10:55 AM
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:04:25 +0000, Tom Crispin
> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST), spindrift
> wrote:
>
>>It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>>

>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>>
>>"Do that twice!"
>>
>>What a knob end.
>
>Was that his car parked just behind him?

The one parked on the pavement?

Ian Smith
November 21st 07, 01:36 PM
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Dave Larrington > wrote:
> In ,
> spindrift > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>
> > His toady acolytes have popped up to defend him in comments now. Well,
> > one has. He claims Smith appears in the newspapers so must be
> > trustworthy.
>
> Like Sir Ian Bliar, Alistair Darling, etc. etc.

You mean you wouldn't trust Paul Smith with your NI number?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Martin Dann
November 21st 07, 01:58 PM
Ian Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Dave Larrington > wrote:
>> In ,
>> spindrift > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
>>
>>> His toady acolytes have popped up to defend him in comments now. Well,
>>> one has. He claims Smith appears in the newspapers so must be
>>> trustworthy.
>> Like Sir Ian Bliar, Alistair Darling, etc. etc.
>
> You mean you wouldn't trust Paul Smith with your NI number?

He would probably want to sell it with the rest of your details online
to allow some ejit to get off a camera fine. After all he seems to think
using the recently deceased's details, and upsetting bereaving families
is a good idea.

Tom Crispin
November 21st 07, 06:38 PM
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:55:06 +0000, Mark
> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:04:25 +0000, Tom Crispin
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 01:44:06 -0800 (PST), spindrift
> wrote:
>>
>>>It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>>>

>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>>>
>>>"Do that twice!"
>>>
>>>What a knob end.
>>
>>Was that his car parked just behind him?
>
>The one parked on the pavement?

Yes.

Sir Jeremy
November 21st 07, 08:04 PM
On 20 Nov, 09:44, spindrift > wrote:
> It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
> "Do that twice!"
>
> What a knob end.

Such nice people around here making personal remarks. Do you all like
laughing at the handicapped?

spindrift
November 21st 07, 09:06 PM
On 21 Nov, 20:04, Sir Jeremy > wrote:
> On 20 Nov, 09:44, spindrift > wrote:
>
> > It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>
> > "Do that twice!"
>
> > What a knob end.
>
> Such nice people around here making personal remarks. Do you all like
> laughing at the handicapped?

Handicapped!

Oh my God, you should have said!!

Everybody, Paul Smith has a HANDICAP that forces him to conceal his
qualifications, encourage people to pervert justice and avoid
answering any questions about his pile of ****e theories about how
speed cameras kill people.

Be kind to him, he is one of the afflicted.

Or, on the other hand, would it not be kinder in the long run to take
him outside and shoot him in the back of the head?

This isn't a joke.

Smith encourages killer drivers, endorses reckless driving and ****es
on baby mice and stuffs them up his arse*, surely kinder to put him
out of our misery?

* Check this one.

Martin Dann
November 21st 07, 09:16 PM
Sir Jeremy wrote:
> On 20 Nov, 09:44, spindrift > wrote:
>> It's like David Brent meets Middle Earth:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmh7ipW47Uo
>>
>> "Do that twice!"
>>
>> What a knob end.
>
> Such nice people around here making personal remarks. Do you all like
> laughing at the handicapped?

I know that it is not his fault for being criminally stupid, and I would
not normally say anything. However when he chooses to air that stupidity
in front of the nation's media fronting a campaign that, if successful,
will dramatically increase the dangers on our roads, then he is fair game.

Alan Braggins
November 21st 07, 10:33 PM
In article >, spindrift wrote:

>> Such nice people around here making personal remarks. Do you all like
>> laughing at the handicapped?
>
>Handicapped!
>
>Oh my God, you should have said!!
>
>Everybody, Paul Smith has a HANDICAP that forces him to conceal his
>qualifications, encourage people to pervert justice and avoid
>answering any questions about his pile of ****e theories about how
>speed cameras kill people.

That would explain why he thinks it's all right to park in handicapped
spaces.

But there's a valid point there, we shouldn't be mocking him because
he has the personal grooming and presentation skills of a dead badger.

We should be mocking him because he's a dangerous loon with the road
sense and grasp of statistics of a dead badger.

Don Whybrow
November 21st 07, 10:37 PM
Alan Braggins wrote:

> We should be mocking him because he's a dangerous loon with the road
> sense and grasp of statistics of a dead badger.

Well, we know that dead badgers don't have much road sense, but how do
we know what their grasp of statistics are?

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Freedom defined is freedom denied. (Illuminatus)

Mark McNeill
November 21st 07, 10:55 PM
Response to Don Whybrow
> > We should be mocking him because he's a dangerous loon with the road
> > sense and grasp of statistics of a dead badger.
>
> Well, we know that dead badgers don't have much road sense, but how do
> we know what their grasp of statistics are?

Trouble is, badgers see everything in black and white.

--
Mark, UK
"Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and

Kenneth MacKenzie
November 21st 07, 11:38 PM
Mark McNeill > writes:

> Trouble is, badgers see everything in black and white.

Magnificent.

November 22nd 07, 02:09 AM
On Nov 22, 7:37 am, Don Whybrow > wrote:
> Alan Braggins wrote:
>
> > We should be mocking him because he's a dangerous loon with the road
> > sense and grasp of statistics of a dead badger.
>
> Well, we know that dead badgers don't have much road sense, but how do
> we know what their grasp of statistics are?

Well most dead badgers I see have demonstrated their poor judgment of
risks..

James

Dave Larrington
November 22nd 07, 08:46 AM
In ,
Alan Braggins > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:

> That would explain why he thinks it's all right to park in handicapped
> spaces.

I think Denis Leary said it best:

Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces
While handicapped people make handicapped faces
I'm an asshole (He's an asshole, what an asshole)
I'm an asshole (He's a real ****ing asshole)

--
Dave Larrington
Whatever it is, I'd like it in mango & passion fruit, please.

Paul Boyd
November 22nd 07, 09:32 AM
spindrift said the following on 21/11/2007 21:06:

> Handicapped!
> Oh my God, you should have said!!

I assumed Jeremy's comment was tongue in cheek. :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

spindrift
November 22nd 07, 09:44 AM
On 22 Nov, 08:46, "Dave Larrington" >
wrote:
> ,
> Alan Braggins > tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
> tell us:
>
> > That would explain why he thinks it's all right to park in handicapped
> > spaces.
>
> I think Denis Leary said it best:
>
> Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces
> While handicapped people make handicapped faces
> I'm an asshole (He's an asshole, what an asshole)
> I'm an asshole (He's a real ****ing asshole)
>
> --
> Dave Larrington
> <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
> Whatever it is, I'd like it in mango & passion fruit, please.

What exactly did Smith say about handicapped people? I remember
something about he doesn't see why they get parking spaces.

Mark McNeill
November 22nd 07, 09:45 AM
Response to Paul Boyd
> > Handicapped!
> > Oh my God, you should have said!!
>
> I assumed Jeremy's comment was tongue in cheek. :-)

I don't know about you, but I find it reassuring to know that Brave Sir
Robin will defend the handicapped; it's evidently only people without
cars who aren't worth caring about. :-D

[I'm left unsure whether handicapped people who don't drive receive
Brave Sir Robin's concern. Perhaps it might be worth enlightening us -
and then again, perhaps not.]

--
Mark, UK
"There are no short cuts to anywhere worth going."

Andrew Taylor
November 22nd 07, 11:52 AM
On Nov 22, 2:09 am, " >
wrote:
> On Nov 22, 7:37 am, Don Whybrow > wrote:
>
> > Alan Braggins wrote:
>
> > > We should be mocking him because he's a dangerous loon with the road
> > > sense and grasp of statistics of a dead badger.
>
> > Well, we know that dead badgers don't have much road sense, but how do
> > we know what their grasp of statistics are?
>
> Well most dead badgers I see have demonstrated their poor judgment of
> risks..
>
> James

If only they'd had the sense to wear helmets! If just one badger is
saved....

Mark[_3_]
November 22nd 07, 02:04 PM
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 03:52:24 -0800 (PST), Andrew Taylor
> wrote:

>On Nov 22, 2:09 am, " >
>wrote:

>> > Well, we know that dead badgers don't have much road sense, but how do
>> > we know what their grasp of statistics are?
>>
>> Well most dead badgers I see have demonstrated their poor judgment of
>> risks..
>>
>> James
>

>If only they'd had the sense to wear helmets! If just one badger is
>saved....

Time for a new law - compulsory wearing of helmets for all badgers.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home