PDA

View Full Version : The peoples £50 million - vote

Duncan Smith
December 2nd 07, 06:28 PM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the peoples £50
million web-site is now open to the vote.

http://www.thepeoples50million.org.uk/home

The Sustrans Connect-2 scheme is on the short-list. Chances are they
will be targeting improvements in your area so could well be worth a
visit and a vote!

Regards,

Duncan

Nick Kew
December 2nd 07, 06:44 PM
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:28:04 -0800 (PST)
Duncan Smith > wrote:

> Apologies if this has already been mentioned,

Google finds 231 posts to this group on the subject
over the past week or so. That's excluding yours.

--
not me guv

Esra Sdrawkcab
December 2nd 07, 06:59 PM
Duncan Smith wrote:
> Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the peoples £50
> million web-site is now open to the vote.
>
> http://www.thepeoples50million.org.uk/home
>
> The Sustrans Connect-2 scheme is on the short-list. Chances are they
> will be targeting improvements in your area so could well be worth a
> visit and a vote!

I'be tried, but whilst happy to acknowledge my userid and email for a
password reset are unable to allow me to log on. (After a few goes in
Firefox I read that at one time it only worked in IE, so tried that. No go.

vernon[_2_]
December 2nd 07, 07:56 PM
"Esra Sdrawkcab" > wrote in message
> Duncan Smith wrote:
>> Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the peoples £50
>> million web-site is now open to the vote.
>>
>> http://www.thepeoples50million.org.uk/home
>>
>> The Sustrans Connect-2 scheme is on the short-list. Chances are they
>> will be targeting improvements in your area so could well be worth a
>> visit and a vote!
>>

> I'be tried, but whilst happy to acknowledge my userid and email for a
> password reset are unable to allow me to log on. (After a few goes in
> Firefox I read that at one time it only worked in IE, so tried that. No
> go.

I managed to vote using Firefox last week....

vernon[_2_]
December 2nd 07, 07:58 PM
"Duncan Smith" > wrote in message
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the peoples £50
million web-site is now open to the vote.

http://www.thepeoples50million.org.uk/home

The Sustrans Connect-2 scheme is on the short-list. Chances are they
will be targeting improvements in your area so could well be worth a
visit and a vote!

Not sure that Connect2 is a worthy project. It seems to be a series of
solutions looking for a series of problems.....

Peter Clinch
December 2nd 07, 08:49 PM
vernon wrote:

> Not sure that Connect2 is a worthy project. It seems to be a series of
> solutions looking for a series of problems.....

Oh dear, here we go again... There is more to "infrastructure"
than safety. For example, given the choice of cycling over a
stretch of rather attractive river, would you rather do it on a
cycle bridge away from traffic, largely free to take in the
panorama, or would you rather do it on a busy road where you have
to keep your eye on the traffic all the time and there's a set of
lights at each end just to detract from the experience a little more?

If someone asked here if they should buy a new bike when they
already had an adequate but not especially fun one, what would the
answer be? Exactly... so why a completely different one as regards
places to ride it?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Mark Annand
December 2nd 07, 09:17 PM
Peter Clinch wrote:

> Oh dear, here we go again...

Indeed: if people want to be annoyed, here's a home grown promotional
1-minute video for Connect2 that manages to combine the irritating sight
of a free range basset hound, a classy boogie woogie piano track that
eventually trips over itself, a glimpse of two people with bikes
encountered last summer on one particular Connect2 project - that's this
week languishing with planning permission yet no funding whatsoever.

Enjoy, cos it's about the cycling, but it's about the bits in between too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZK2LH-HQ8

Ekul Namsob
December 2nd 07, 09:24 PM
Duncan Smith > wrote:

> Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but the peoples £50
> million web-site is now open to the vote.
>
> http://www.thepeoples50million.org.uk/home
>
> The Sustrans Connect-2 scheme is on the short-list. Chances are they
> will be targeting improvements in your area so could well be worth a
> visit and a vote!

Ooh, that sounds interesting...

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

Tom Crispin
December 2nd 07, 09:29 PM
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:58:25 -0000, "vernon"
> wrote:

>Not sure that Connect2 is a worthy project. It seems to be a series of
>solutions looking for a series of problems.....

Nonsense.

All Connect2 projects have been put forward by local people for the
benefit of their local community. They provide motor traffic free
connections between communities or within communities for the benefit
of local walkers and cyclists.

Duncan Smith
December 2nd 07, 09:34 PM

> Duncan Smith > wrote:
> > Apologies if this has already been mentioned,
>
> Google finds 231 posts to this group on the subject
> over the past week or so. That's excluding yours.

When I search this news group for "thepeoples50" using Google it
doesn't find any results.

Duncan

Tom Crispin
December 2nd 07, 10:28 PM
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:34:01 -0800 (PST), Duncan Smith
> wrote:

>> Duncan Smith > wrote:
>> > Apologies if this has already been mentioned,
>>
>> Google finds 231 posts to this group on the subject
>> over the past week or so. That's excluding yours.
>>

>When I search this news group for "thepeoples50" using Google it
>doesn't find any results.

It has been an informative, divisive and passionate thread.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home