PDA

View Full Version : Maps 4 Cycling Northern Ontario?

Sir Ridesalot
December 23rd 07, 03:19 AM
Hi there.

Are there any decent maps one could use for planning a cycling tour in
Northern Ontario around the Temagami or Kirkland lake areas?

I find that automobile road maps pr the cycling maps based on them are
not very useful. Some times a town or hamlet shown as being right
beside a highway or road might in fact be nearly 10 kilometres from
it.

Topographic maps are good but they are large and expensive.

Thanks from Peter

Brian Huntley
December 23rd 07, 08:22 PM
On Dec 22, 10:19 pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Are there any decent maps one could use for planning a cycling tour in
> Northern Ontario around the Temagami or Kirkland lake areas?

You might want to contact Shane Keating via CrazyGuyOnABike.com, who's
journal of his ride through that area (and more) is a really great
read.

Find it here: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/shane07

(The actual ride was from Massachusetts to Churchill Manitoba, more or
less.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home