PDA

View Full Version : Does CoQ10 raise HR?

December 25th 07, 02:49 AM
I recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
inflammed gums. It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing what seems
to be a moderate endurance pace. My legs feel pretty good . . . if
anything, better than they normally do this time of year. Any idea if
the CoQ10 is causing it? If so, is it a good thing or bad?

Jonathan[_2_]
December 25th 07, 04:50 AM
Greetings,

According to WebMD, Coenzyme Q10 does not have any cardiac side effects and
should not be the cause of a rapid heart rate. CoQ10 is produced naturally
in the body and is used as a supplement for heart health (among other
things). However, if you have gum disease I would consider getting a
physician's opinion about it before going with CoQ10 as your only treatment,
as I've seen cases of infections starting in the gums and moving to the
heart (with dire results) if left untreated.

Try this link:
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-7547-Coenzyme+Q10+Oral.aspx?drugid=7547&drugname=Coenzyme+Q10+Oral

I would look at simpler things for your increased heart rate - a little more
cafine than usual from an extra cup or two of coffee on a cold day perhaps,
or maybe even that nasal decongestant you took to help you breathe better.

Cheers - Jonathan

> wrote in message
>I recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
> inflammed gums. It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
> normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing what seems
> to be a moderate endurance pace. My legs feel pretty good . . . if
> anything, better than they normally do this time of year. Any idea if
> the CoQ10 is causing it? If so, is it a good thing or bad?

BobT[_3_]
December 26th 07, 03:27 AM
> wrote in message
>I recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
> inflammed gums. It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
> normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing what seems
> to be a moderate endurance pace. My legs feel pretty good . . . if
> anything, better than they normally do this time of year. Any idea if
> the CoQ10 is causing it? If so, is it a good thing or bad?
Do you smoke?

BobT

December 28th 07, 02:46 AM
On Dec 25, 10:27*pm, "BobT" >
wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ...>I recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
> > inflammed gums. *It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
> > normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing what seems
> > to be a moderate endurance pace. *My legs feel pretty good . . . if
> > anything, better than they normally do this time of year. *Any idea if
> > the CoQ10 is causing it? *If so, is it a good thing or bad?
>
> Do you smoke?
>
> BobT

No, I don't smoke . . . nor do I drink ANY coffee or caffine products,
nor any decongestants . . .

BobT[_3_]
December 28th 07, 02:27 PM
> wrote in message
On Dec 25, 10:27 pm, "BobT" >
wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ...>I
> recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
> > inflammed gums. It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
> > normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing what seems
> > to be a moderate endurance pace. My legs feel pretty good . . . if
> > anything, better than they normally do this time of year. Any idea if
> > the CoQ10 is causing it? If so, is it a good thing or bad?
>
> Do you smoke?
>
> BobT

-- No, I don't smoke . . . nor do I drink ANY coffee or caffine products,
-- nor any decongestants . . .

I asked because smoking is the leading cause of inflammed gums,
(gingivitis/periodontal disease). I am not a dentist but I found this page
on the American Academy of Periodontology that might be helpful to you:

http://www.perio.org/consumer/2a.html

BobT

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home