PDA

View Full Version : end of year numbers

max
December 31st 07, 11:29 PM
3226 miles (mostly tranportational)

171 completely car-free days.

also: 98 unicycle (a 24" muni with hookworm tire)

happy new year!

..max

--
The part of betatron @ earthlink . net was played by a garden gnome

Patrick Lamb
January 2nd 08, 01:24 AM
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:24:54 -0800, "Bill Sornson" >
wrote:

A tad over 6700 for me. I was shooting for 7000, and might have made
it, until one of those dear to me shared the creeping crud -- I've
been off the bike the last three weeks of the year.

Strangely enough, it was the sort of thing that was also my last
serious "cold" 22 months ago.

Pat

Email address works as is.

January 2nd 08, 02:46 AM
On Jan 1, 5:24 pm, Patrick Lamb > wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:24:54 -0800, "Bill Sornson" >
> wrote:
>
> A tad over 6700 for me. I was shooting for 7000, and might have made
> it, until one of those dear to me shared the creeping crud -- I've
> been off the bike the last three weeks of the year.

<snip>
O Boy! Mileage thread.
Well, just totaled things up and I'm at 2,220 for the year.

That's over my 2,000 mile goal and is about what I can normally expect
w/ my commute.
I ride every day that it's not raining and work a 9day/80 hour
schedule, so my riding days are reduced 10% right there.

Due to today's traffic here in the Santa Cruz side of the Monterey
Bay, bicycle commuting and car commuting are roughly equivalent,
timewise, on the way home. Bicycling much preferred.
But I don't do rain as my Oregonian born wife will w/o a blink.

Pureheart

Kristian M Zoerhoff
January 5th 08, 11:07 PM
On 2007-12-31, max > wrote:
> 3226 miles (mostly tranportational)

Only 2034 here. I slacked off badly in December (25 miles!). Time to get the
icebike going.

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

Google