PDA

View Full Version : OT--what the heck is a troll

ilaboo[_2_]
January 20th 08, 01:01 AM
people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a troll?--i have
some funny creature from Norway that people say are trolls

is the term a compliment or insult?

i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i really
look like him!!)

anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice

take care
peter

January 20th 08, 07:38 AM
Peter Lener writes:

> people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a
> troll?--i have some funny creature from Norway that people say are
> trolls

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/troll

definition 2a,3a.

> is the term a compliment or insult?

There you go trolling again.

> i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i really
> look like him!!)

and again.

> anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice

and again.

Jobst Brandt

Jay[_2_]
January 20th 08, 03:14 PM
"ilaboo" > wrote in message
> people at times on usenets call me a troll--what exactly is a troll?--i
> have some funny creature from Norway that people say are trolls
>
> is the term a compliment or insult?
>
> i kind of like being a troll--( people mostly call me Papa Smerff--i
> really look like him!!)
>
> anywasy--if its a nice term thanks if not be nice
>
> take care
> peter

It is a Usenet term of endearment. Think of it as a kiss on the cheek.

J.

Tom Keats
January 22nd 08, 11:42 AM
In article >,
Little Meow > writes:

>> i have some funny creature from Norway that people say are
>> trolls
>
> Yes, Norwegians are trolls, but I would not denigrate the
> Norwegian race by calling them "creatures".

They do make some good sweaters.

And they have Edvard Grieg (Peer Gynt Suite -- in the Hall
of the Mountain King -- dnh-dnh-dnh-dnh DNh DNh DNh ...)
Not to be confused with a certain tune by King Krimson:
("Confusion shall be my epitaph ...")

And delicious sardines that glow in the dark from forsaken
sunken, off-shore, USSR nuclear subs.

And a strange musical instrument that resembles the
Appalachian dulcimer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langeleik

And rosy cheeks & cheery smiles, and an appreciation
for sunshine.

And reindeer. We have 'em in British Columbia, too.
Only we call 'em caribous. Not to be confused with
calabooses or cayuses (which we also have, up in
the boonies.) We even have Norwegians. They're
nice folks. They like to frolic in the ice & snow and
winter ocean a little too much for my tastes, but I'm
just a Vancouver wuss who likes (and sorely misses) summer.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Zoot Katz
January 24th 08, 05:21 AM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 03:47:57 GMT, Little Meow > wrote:

(Tom Keats) wrote in :

>>> Yes, Norwegians are trolls, but I would not denigrate the
>>> Norwegian race by calling them "creatures".
>>
>> We have 'em in British Columbia, too.
>> Only we call 'em caribous.
>
>I refuse to reply to this obvious troll.

Thanks for the fish.
--
zk

Google