PDA

View Full Version : Re: NAILED BY NISSAN TRUCK RIDING MY LOWRACER VK2 RECUMBENT!

Tom Sherman[_2_]
January 23rd 08, 07:49 AM
Jay Beattie wrote:
> It's back to Providence tomorrow to have a titanium rod put in my
> tibia. I wanted carbon fiber -- red preferrably, with white stripes.
> They told me not to waste my money just to shave a few grams off my
> leg....

What is wrong with good old fashioned stainless steel (as long as it is
a nickel free alloy)? ;)

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth

Zoot Katz
January 24th 08, 05:21 AM
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:49:16 -0600, Tom Sherman
> wrote:

>Jay Beattie wrote:
>> It's back to Providence tomorrow to have a titanium rod put in my
>> tibia. I wanted carbon fiber -- red preferrably, with white stripes.
>> They told me not to waste my money just to shave a few grams off my
>> leg....

Heal fast. Heal whole, Jay.

>What is wrong with good old fashioned stainless steel (as long as it is
>a nickel free alloy)? ;)

First intuition tells me that the mark-up on titanium is greater than
that on stainless steel.

My ti-tibia was installed and I was sitting in my room ten hours
after arriving in ER, pedalling a stationary bike within ten days and
riding on the street in just over ten weeks. I was lucky to have not
gibbled the knee or ankle other than the soft tissue damage. A cast
was offered but the recovery time would have been longer. I've not
yet regretted opting for the implant.
--
zk

Edward Dolan
January 24th 08, 06:55 AM
"Zoot Katz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:49:16 -0600, Tom Sherman
> > wrote:
>
>>Jay Beattie wrote:
>>> It's back to Providence tomorrow to have a titanium rod put in my
>>> tibia. I wanted carbon fiber -- red preferrably, with white stripes.
>>> They told me not to waste my money just to shave a few grams off my
>>> leg....
>
> Heal fast. Heal whole, Jay.
>> >
>>What is wrong with good old fashioned stainless steel (as long as it is
>>a nickel free alloy)? ;)
>
> First intuition tells me that the mark-up on titanium is greater than
> that on stainless steel.
>
> My ti-tibia was installed and I was sitting in my room ten hours
> after arriving in ER, pedalling a stationary bike within ten days and
> riding on the street in just over ten weeks. I was lucky to have not
> gibbled the knee or ankle other than the soft tissue damage. A cast
> was offered but the recovery time would have been longer. I've not
> yet regretted opting for the implant.

Who are these nuts and freaks who are constantly breaking their bones? Here
I am an old man and I have never even come close to breaking any bones. Pray
tell, what is the secret? Do you have to be unusually stupid or perhaps
lacking a brain altogether?

Well, not to be outdone, let me tell you about my worst accident ever. I
once spilled boiling water on my foot when I was camping out West. My God,
that really hurt bad! I was hobbling about for a couple of days. Yea, Ed
Dolan the Great knows all about suffering and pain.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Google