PDA

View Full Version : Water filtering bike

ZBicyclist
January 25th 08, 04:32 AM
http://www.ecospace.cc/water/water-filtering-bike-0108.htm#comment-1679

"The Aquaduct is a pedal powered vehicle that stores, filters and transports
water; aimed for use in the developing world. It consists of a storage
tank, filter, peristaltic pump, clean tank and clutch."

It's an interesting idea and worth a look if you like engineering designs of
this sort. I think it would be better if it were two-piece (bicycle
separate from tank/filter apparatus), but then I didn't design it.

--
Mike Kruger
Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

Paul M. Hobson
January 28th 08, 04:03 AM
ZBicyclist wrote:
> http://www.ecospace.cc/water/water-filtering-bike-0108.htm#comment-1679
>
> "The Aquaduct is a pedal powered vehicle that stores, filters and transports
> water; aimed for use in the developing world. It consists of a storage
> tank, filter, peristaltic pump, clean tank and clutch."
>
> It's an interesting idea and worth a look if you like engineering designs of
> this sort. I think it would be better if it were two-piece (bicycle
> separate from tank/filter apparatus), but then I didn't design it.

This is very cool indeed. I don't know how effective it is, or how
successful it could be even if a lot of money was thrown at it. A great
idea nonetheless.

\\paul

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home