Whatever happened to:

1) John Verheul?

2) Joe Cipale?

3) Bill Lloyd?

4) Jim Quinn?

5) Bonnie Rider-Martin?

6) Patrick O'Grady?

7) Brian Plouffe?

And a whole host of others? And what do we do to get them back?

RicodJour
February 16th 08, 04:06 AM
On Feb 15, 10:49 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> Whatever happened to:
>
> 1) John Verheul?
>
> 2) Joe Cipale?
>
> 3) Bill Lloyd?
>
> 4) Jim Quinn?
>
> 5) Bonnie Rider-Martin?
>
> 6) Patrick O'Grady?
>
> 7) Brian Plouffe?
>
> And a whole host of others? And what do we do to get them back?

Start digging?

Donald Munro
February 16th 08, 07:40 AM

RicodJour wrote:
> Start digging?

rbr: the forum of the living dead and other zombie processes.

Bill C
February 16th 08, 02:04 PM
On Feb 15, 10:49*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> Whatever happened to:
>
> 1) John Verheul?
>
> 2) Joe Cipale?
>
> 3) Bill Lloyd?
>
> 4) Jim Quinn?
>
> 5) Bonnie Rider-Martin?
>
> 6) Patrick O'Grady?
>
> 7) Brian Plouffe?
>
> And a whole host of others? And what do we do to get them back?

Last I knew John's busy coaching still but I haven't heard from him in
a while, and you can see what Pat's been up to any time at:

http://maddogmedia.com/

Bill C

February 16th 08, 11:03 PM
On Feb 15, 8:49*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> Whatever happened to:
>
> 1) John Verheul?
>
> 2) Joe Cipale?
>
> 3) Bill Lloyd?
>
> 4) Jim Quinn?
>
> 5) Bonnie Rider-Martin?
>
> 6) Patrick O'Grady?
>
> 7) Brian Plouffe?
>
> And a whole host of others? And what do we do to get them back?

Look in the mirror.

They got busy, or dropped out, or they just got
tired of continual argumentation and ill-informed
trolling, a lot of which is perpetuated by you.
Like: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/4d65509bacb7bcb9
So stop with the self-congratulating nostalgia.

Thanks,
Ben

Tom Kunich
February 16th 08, 11:28 PM
> wrote in message
>
> They got busy, or dropped out, or they just got
> tired of continual argumentation and ill-informed
> trolling, a lot of which is perpetuated by you.
> Like:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/4d65509bacb7bcb9
> stop with the self-congratulating nostalgia.

Too bad you're not as effective as you believe Ben. Fact is that you've been
one of those guys who contributes almost nothing right from the start. Not
that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Howard Kveck
February 17th 08, 03:30 AM
In article >, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> > They got busy, or dropped out, or they just got
> > tired of continual argumentation and ill-informed
> > trolling, a lot of which is perpetuated by you.
> > Like:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/4d65509bacb7bcb9
> > stop with the self-congratulating nostalgia.
>
> Too bad you're not as effective as you believe Ben. Fact is that you've been
> one of those guys who contributes almost nothing right from the start. Not
> that there's anything wrong with that of course.

So you really want those people to come back, Tom? Well, Dr. Ku, hop in your
****tardis, go back in time and tell them, "Don't go! We need you to be around in
2008 so I can tell you how little you really know compared to MEEEEE!!!"

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

RicodJour
February 17th 08, 12:10 PM
On Feb 16, 10:30 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:

> So you really want those people to come back, Tom? Well, Dr. Ku, hop in your
> ****tardis, go back in time and tell them, "Don't go! We need you to be around in
> 2008 so I can tell you how little you really know compared to MEEEEE!!!"

I hope you won't mind if I steal that little gem and use it with
absolutely no recognition of your involvement. It's a time honored
tradition in jocular circles.

Howard Kveck
February 17th 08, 04:17 PM
In article >,
RicodJour > wrote:

> On Feb 16, 10:30 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:
> >
> > So you really want those people to come back, Tom? Well, Dr. Ku, hop in your
> > ****tardis, go back in time and tell them, "Don't go! We need you to be around
> > in 2008 so I can tell you how little you really know compared to MEEEEE!!!"
>
> I hope you won't mind if I steal that little gem and use it with
> absolutely no recognition of your involvement. It's a time honored
> tradition in jocular circles.

I know...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

John Forrest Tomlinson
February 17th 08, 07:57 PM
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 04:10:59 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
> wrote:

>On Feb 16, 10:30 pm, Howard Kveck > wrote:
>>
>> So you really want those people to come back, Tom? Well, Dr. Ku, hop in your
>> ****tardis, go back in time and tell them, "Don't go! We need you to be around in
>> 2008 so I can tell you how little you really know compared to MEEEEE!!!"
>
>I hope you won't mind if I steal that little gem and use it with
>absolutely no recognition of your involvement. It's a time honored
>tradition in jocular circles.

"****tardis" is brilliant.

February 17th 08, 09:11 PM
On Feb 16, 4:28*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> > They got busy, or dropped out, or they just got
> > tired of continual argumentation and ill-informed
> > trolling, a lot of which is perpetuated by you.
> > Like:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/4d65509bacb7bcb9
> > stop with the self-congratulating nostalgia.
>
> Too bad you're not as effective as you believe Ben. Fact is that you've been
> one of those guys who contributes almost nothing right from the start. Not
> that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Tom, it isn't about whether or not I contribute
more or less than you. It's about your style of
communication. You continually resort to whining
and insults, and then you wonder why the other kids
have left the playground and you're standing alone.
You need attention, and you choose an effective
way of getting it, but it doesn't seem like you
enjoy it very much.

Ben
RBR Lucy Van Pelt Psychoanalysis Booth Attendant

Bill C
February 17th 08, 09:37 PM
On Feb 17, 4:11*pm, " >
wrote:

> Tom, it isn't about whether or not I contribute
> more or less than you. *It's about your style of
> communication. *You continually resort to whining
> and insults, and then you wonder why the other kids
> have left the playground and you're standing alone.
> You need attention, and you choose an effective
> way of getting it, but it doesn't seem like you
> enjoy it very much.
>
> Ben
> RBR Lucy Van Pelt Psychoanalysis Booth Attendant

What's the charge for yanking the football away, and has this been
written up anywhere as groundbreaking alternative therapy?
Bill C

Tom Kunich
February 18th 08, 01:33 AM
> wrote in message
>
> Tom, it isn't about whether or not I contribute
> more or less than you.

I think you missed my point. You don't contribute at all. You're all about
anything other than bicycle racing.

> It's about your style of communication.

I note that you still aren't about bicycle racing.

RicodJour
February 18th 08, 12:42 PM
On Feb 17, 8:33 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > Tom, it isn't about whether or not I contribute
> > more or less than you.
>
> I think you missed my point. You don't contribute at all. You're all about
> anything other than bicycle racing.
>
> > It's about your style of communication.
>
> I note that you still aren't about bicycle racing.

Try not to be such a putz. It gives putzes a bad name. Ben did
address your question. You act like an asshole and people go away.
Why does this surprise you?

BTW, dispensing abuse and ego driven argumentation is not
contributing.

Donald Munro
February 18th 08, 12:57 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> BTW, dispensing abuse and ego driven argumentation is not contributing.

Consider it a contribution into AI research, probably funded by a grant
from greg.

February 18th 08, 03:54 PM
On Feb 17, 7:33*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> I think you missed my point. You don't contribute at all. You're all about
> anything other than bicycle racing.
>
> > *It's about your style of communication.
>
> I note that you still aren't about bicycle racing.

Gosh, TK, why don't you tell us all about the last bicycle race that
you won. You know, the training, the blow-by-blow, how it all shook
out, etc. etc. --D-y

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home