PDA

View Full Version : Fabian Cancellara

Andre
February 23rd 08, 05:36 PM
What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.

Andre

Fabrizio Mazzoleni
February 23rd 08, 05:56 PM
"Andre" > wrote in message
> What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
> to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
> With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.
>
> Andre

Quote from Fabian post stage 5

"For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
and Roubaix on my head."

Andre
February 23rd 08, 06:02 PM
On Feb 23, 12:56*pm, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote:
> "Andre" > wrote in message

> > What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
> > to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
> > With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.
>
> > * * * * * * Andre
>
> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>
> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
> and Roubaix on my head."

excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.

Dave
February 23rd 08, 06:07 PM
Andre wrote:
> On Feb 23, 12:56 pm, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote:
>> "Andre" > wrote in message

>>> What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
>>> to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
>>> With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.
>>> Andre
>> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>>
>> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
>> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
>> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
>> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
>> and Roubaix on my head."
>
> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.

No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
Cancellara in last year's tour day france?

/dave a

Andre
February 23rd 08, 06:26 PM
On Feb 23, 1:07*pm, Dave > wrote:
> Andre wrote:

> >> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>
> >> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
> >> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
> >> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
> >> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
> >> and Roubaix on my head."
>
> > excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> No ****. *Sore loser I would say. *For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> biggest race is really a joke. *Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> /dave a- Hide quoted text -

Rank Rider Team Time
1 Alberto Contador Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 91h 00'26"
2 Cadel Evans Predictor-Lotto 23"
3 Levi Leipheimer Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 31"
4 Carlos Sastre Team CSC 7'08"
5 Haimar Zubeldia Euskaltel-Euskadi 8'17"
6 Alejandro Valverde Caisse d'Epargne 11'37"
7 Kim Kirchen T-Mobile Team 12'18"
8 Yaroslav Popovych Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 12'25"
9 Mikel Astarloza Euskaltel-Euskadi 14'14"
10 Óscar Pereiro Caisse d'Epargne 14'25"
11 Mauricio Soler Barloworld 16'51"
12 Michael Boogerd Rabobank 21'15"
13 David Arroyo Caisse d'Epargne 21'49"
14 Vladimir Karpets Caisse d'Epargne 24'15"
15 Chris Horner Predictor-Lotto 25'19"
16 Iban Mayo* Saunier Duval-Prodir 27'09"
17 Frank Schleck Team CSC 31'48"
18 Manuel Beltran Liquigas 34'14"
19 Tadej Valjavec Lampre-Fondital 37'08"
20 Juan Jose Cobo Saunier Duval-Prodir 37'14"
21 Juan Manuel Garate Quick Step-Innergetic 38'16"
22 Iván Gutiérrez Caisse d'Epargne 45'42"
23 Amets Txurruka Euskaltel-Euskadi 49'34"
24 George Hincapie Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 54'50"
25 Christian Vandevelde Team CSC 55'50"
26 Dmitriy Fofonov Crédit Agricole 56'23"
27 Stephane Goubert AG2R Prévoyance 1h 06'30"
28 Jens Voigt Team CSC 1h 08'22"
29 Patxi Vila Lampre-Fondital 1h 09'37"
30 Patrice Halgand Crédit Agricole 1h 12'45"
31 Bernhard Kohl Team Gerolsteiner 1h 13'27"
32 Kanstantsin Siutsou Barloworld 1h 15'16"
33 Alexander Botcharov Crédit Agricole 1h 22'25"
34 Markus Fothen Team Gerolsteiner 1h 30'12"
35 Thomas Dekker Rabobank 1h 30'34"
36 Linus Gerdemann T-Mobile Team 1h 30'47"
37 Christophe Moreau AG2R Prévoyance 1h 33'06"
38 Vladimir Gusev Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 1h 33'50"
39 Moises Duenas Nevado Agritubel 1h 36'33"
40 Bram Tankink Quick Step-Innergetic 1h 36'44"
41 Marzio Bruseghin Lampre-Fondital 1h 36'44"
42 Carlos Barredo Quick Step-Innergetic 1h 36'46"
43 Iñigo Landaluze Euskaltel-Euskadi 1h 36'50"
44 Ludovic Turpin AG2R Prévoyance 1h 44'54"
45 Charles Wegelius Liquigas 1h 46'25"
46 Xavier Florencio Bouygues Télécom 1h 52'19"
47 Christian Knees Team Milram 1h 53'23"
48 Gorka Verdugo Euskaltel-Euskadi 1h 53'32"
49 David de la Fuente Saunier Duval-Prodir 1h 54'50"
50 Ruben Perez Euskaltel-Euskadi 1h 56'15"
51 Inigo Cuesta Team CSC 1h 58'45"
52 Jose Luis Arrieta AG2R Prévoyance 2h 00'07"
53 Iker Camaño Saunier Duval-Prodir 2h 05'17"
54 John Gadret AG2R Prévoyance 2h 06'50"
55 Cédric Vasseur Quick Step-Innergetic 2h 08'14"
56 Dario Cioni Predictor-Lotto 2h 10'42"
57 Nicolas Portal Caisse d'Epargne 2h 15'14"
58 Laurent Lefevre Bouygues Télécom 2h 15'17"
59 Michael Albasini Liquigas 2h 18'35"
60 Fabian Wegmann Team Gerolsteiner 2h 19'36"
61 Egoi Martinez Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 2h 20'16"
62 Axel Merckx T-Mobile Team 2h 21'00"
63 Johan Van Summeren Predictor-Lotto 2h 21'57"
64 Thomas Lövkvist Française des Jeux 2h 22'50"
65 Sergio Paulinho Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 2h 23'21"
66 Thomas Voeckler Bouygues Télécom 2h 24'34"
67 Kurt-Asle Arvesen Team CSC 2h 24'36"
68 Jerome Pineau Bouygues Télécom 2h 24'59"
69 David Millar Saunier Duval-Prodir 2h 32'07"
70 Mario Aerts Predictor-Lotto 2h 32'58"
71 Sandy Casar Française des Jeux 2h 33'46"
72 Francisco Perez Sanchez Caisse d'Epargne 2h 37'25"
73 Frederik Willems Liquigas 2h 37'41"
74 Martin Elmiger AG2R Prévoyance 2h 37'41"
75 Daniele Bennati Lampre-Fondital 2h 38'30"
76 Kjell Carlström Liquigas 2h 39'34"
77 Christophe Rinero Saunier Duval-Prodir 2h 40'59"
78 Andriy Hryvko Team Milram 2h 41'41"
79 Erik Zabel Team Milram 2h 42'28"
80 Juan Miguel Mercado Agritubel 2h 44'27"
81 Ronny Scholz Team Gerolsteiner 2h 44'39"
82 Jorge Azanza Euskaltel-Euskadi 2h 50'30"
83 Benoit Vaugrenard Française des Jeux 2h 50'54"
84 Pierrick Fédrigo Bouygues Télécom 2h 53'42"
85 Juan Antonio Flecha Rabobank 2h 55'58"
86 Grischa Niermann Rabobank 2h 56'09"
87 Stefan Schumacher Team Gerolsteiner 2h 56'30"
88 Alessandro Ballan Lampre-Fondital 2h 57'05"
89 Aleksandr Kuschynski Liquigas 2h 58'46"
90 Iñaki Isasi Euskaltel-Euskadi 2h 59'37"
91 José Vicente García Caisse d'Epargne 3h 00'38"
92 Nicolas Vogondy Agritubel 3h 00'50"
93 Johann Tschopp Bouygues Télécom 3h 07'19"
94 Simon Gerrans AG2R Prévoyance 3h 09'19"
95 Paolo Bossoni Lampre-Fondital 3h 09'56"
96 Daniele Righi Lampre-Fondital 3h 10'35"
97 Lilian Jegou Française des Jeux 3h 14'11"
98 Anthony Geslin Bouygues Télécom 3h 14'15"
99 Alexander Efimkin Barloworld 3h 14'19"
100 Fabian Cancellara Team CSC 3h 15'48"
101 Murilo Fischer Liquigas 3h 16'08"
102 Freddy Bichot Agritubel 3h 16'58"
103 David Cañada Saunier Duval-Prodir 3h 17'19"
104 Sébastien Rosseler Quick Step-Innergetic 3h 18'25"
105 Bert Grabsch T-Mobile Team 3h 19'58"
106 Félix Cardenas Barloworld 3h 19'58"
107 Julian Dean Crédit Agricole 3h 21'57"
108 Matteo Tosatto Quick Step-Innergetic 3h 22'14"
109 William Bonnet Crédit Agricole 3h 22'59"
110 Leif Hoste Predictor-Lotto 3h 23'02"
111 Giampaolo Cheula Barloworld 3h 23'11"
112 Mathieu Ladagnous Française des Jeux 3h 23'17"
113 Manuel Quinziato Liquigas 3h 23'42"
114 Nicolas Jalabert Agritubel 3h 24'02"
115 Benjamin Noval Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 3h 24'13"
116 Ralf Grabsch Team Milram 3h 24'35"
117 Mickael Delage Française des Jeux 3h 24'46"
118 Robert Hunter Barloworld 3h 26'12"
119 Tom Boonen Quick Step-Innergetic 3h 26'19"
120 Marcel Sieberg Team Milram 3h 26'48"
121 Bernhard Eisel T-Mobile Team 3h 26'57"
122 Alessandro Cortinovis Team Milram 3h 27'04"
123 Steven de Jongh Quick Step-Innergetic 3h 27'45"
124 Paolo Longo Borghini Barloworld 3h 27'48"
125 Benoit Salmon Agritubel 3h 28'59"
126 Claudio Corioni Lampre-Fondital 3h 29'26"
127 Marcus Burghardt T-Mobile Team 3h 29'37"
128 Pieter Weening Rabobank 3h 31'49"
129 Heinrich Haussler Team Gerolsteiner 3h 32'30"
130 Sébastien Chavanel Française des Jeux 3h 35'25"
131 Enrico Poitschke Team Milram 3h 35'28"
132 Sébastien Hinault Crédit Agricole 3h 35'37"
133 Peter Wrolich Team Gerolsteiner 3h 36'05"
134 Bram de Groot Rabobank 3h 37'46"
135 Robert Förster Team Gerolsteiner 3h 40'10"
136 Anthony Charteau Crédit Agricole 3h 40'44"
137 Sven Krauss Team Gerolsteiner 3h 40'51"
138 Gert Steegmans Quick Step-Innergetic 3h 41'38"
139 Thor Hushovd Crédit Agricole 3h 41'57"
140 Geraint Thomas Barloworld 3h 46'51"
141 Wim Vansevenant Predictor-Lotto 3h 52'54"

RicodJour
February 23rd 08, 07:53 PM
On Feb 23, 1:26 pm, Andre > wrote:
> On Feb 23, 1:07 pm, Dave > wrote:
>
> > Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> > Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> Rank Rider Team Time
> 1 Alberto Contador Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 91h 00'26"
> 2 Cadel Evans Predictor-Lotto 23"
> 3 Levi Leipheimer Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 31"
{snip}
> 100 Fabian Cancellara Team CSC 3h 15'48"

That's a little clearer, no?

February 23rd 08, 08:52 PM
On Feb 23, 1:07 pm, Dave > wrote:
> Andre wrote:

> >> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>
> >> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
> >> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
> >> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
> >> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
> >> and Roubaix on my head."
>
> > excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> /dave a

But which one of them is going to be watching it on TV this year?

TM
February 23rd 08, 09:32 PM
"Dave" > wrote in message
> Andre wrote:

>>> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>>>
>>> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
>>> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
>>> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
>>> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
>>> and Roubaix on my head."
>>
>> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> /dave a

You guys know nothing. Take Fabian at his word. If you would like to beat
your own insecurities out on someone, pick on Dave Z... he was off his game,
on his speciality, in his home country, and he has questions to answer re:
facial hair.

TM
February 23rd 08, 09:47 PM
Why don't you look up how many days each of them wore the yellow jersey last
year?

jean-yves hervé
February 23rd 08, 09:56 PM
In article
RicodJour > wrote:

> On Feb 23, 1:26 pm, Andre > wrote:
> > On Feb 23, 1:07 pm, Dave > wrote:
> >
> > > Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> > > Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
> >
> > Rank Rider Team Time
> > 1 Alberto Contador Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 91h 00'26"
> > 2 Cadel Evans Predictor-Lotto 23"
> > 3 Levi Leipheimer Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 31"
> {snip}
> > 100 Fabian Cancellara Team CSC 3h 15'48"
>
> That's a little clearer, no?

Cancellara won the prologue and one stage, and wore the Yellow Jersey
for seven days. Leipheimer sucked wheel for 3 weeks. Can you remember
a single thing that he did during the whole race? Most pros would
rather have Cancellara's results that Leipheimer.

jyh.

February 23rd 08, 10:52 PM
On Feb 23, 1:56 pm, jean-yves hervé > wrote:

> Cancellara won the prologue and one stage, and wore the Yellow Jersey
> for seven days. Leipheimer sucked wheel for 3 weeks. Can you remember
> a single thing that he did during the whole race?

Yes.
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/tdf07-19-splits.png

Michael Press
February 23rd 08, 11:20 PM
In article >,
jean-yves hervé > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> RicodJour > wrote:

> > > Rank Rider Team Time
> > > 1 Alberto Contador Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 91h 00'26"
> > > 2 Cadel Evans Predictor-Lotto 23"
> > > 3 Levi Leipheimer Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 31"
> > {snip}
> > > 100 Fabian Cancellara Team CSC 3h 15'48"
> >
> > That's a little clearer, no?
>
> Cancellara won the prologue and one stage, and wore the Yellow Jersey
> for seven days. Leipheimer sucked wheel for 3 weeks. Can you remember
> a single thing that he did during the whole race? Most pros would
> rather have Cancellara's results that Leipheimer.

Yeah, but he's really _good_ at sucking wheel.
He had to be a stealth wheel sucker to hide
it from the rest of the team who were trying
to get his team mate the win.

--
Michael Press

February 23rd 08, 11:35 PM
On Feb 23, 1:47 pm, "TM" > wrote:
> Why don't you look up how many days each of them wore the yellow jersey last
> year?

Yeah, the number of days one wears the yellow, as long as it doesn't
include the podium in Paris, is pretty forgettable. I had to look it
up, too.

TM
February 24th 08, 12:25 AM
> wrote in message
> On Feb 23, 1:47 pm, "TM" > wrote:
>> Why don't you look up how many days each of them wore the yellow jersey
>> last
>> year?
>
> Yeah, the number of days one wears the yellow, as long as it doesn't
> include the podium in Paris, is pretty forgettable. I had to look it
> up, too.

I call bull**** on that. Others may have had to look that up, but you?

My point is that there are a lot of ways to succeed as a bike racer and if
you can win Paris Roubaix and a hilly little time trial leading up to it you
would be named Merckx and not Axle.

Kurgan Gringioni
February 24th 08, 12:53 AM
On Feb 23, 1:32*pm, "TM" > wrote:

> >> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> > No ****. *Sore loser I would say. *For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> > biggest race is really a joke. *Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> > Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> > /dave a
>
> You guys know nothing. *Take Fabian at his word.

Dumbass -

He can say what he wants about how little the TdCali means to him and
we can take him at his word.

Him saying that it's the most important race to Leipheimer, however,
is absurd. Let other people speak for themselves.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Gunn, but I seriously doubt whether the ToCali is
his most important race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

jean-yves hervé
February 24th 08, 01:20 AM
In article
wrote:

> > Cancellara won the prologue and one stage, and wore the Yellow Jersey
> > for seven days. Leipheimer sucked wheel for 3 weeks. Can you remember
> > a single thing that he did during the whole race?
>
> Yes.
> http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/tdf07-19-splits.png

Oh, that? Well, *I* had completely forgotten about it. Why did you
have to inject facts into this thread? If I say you're gay and a
liberal, am I allowed to act as if your post never happened?

jyh.

February 24th 08, 01:27 AM
On Feb 23, 5:20 pm, jean-yves hervé > wrote:

> Oh, that? Well, *I* had completely forgotten about it. Why did you
> have to inject facts into this thread? If I say you're gay and a
> liberal, am I allowed to act as if your post never happened?

Works for TK.

Bob Schwartz
February 24th 08, 01:35 AM
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> He can say what he wants about how little the TdCali means to him and
> we can take him at his word.
>
> Him saying that it's the most important race to Leipheimer, however,
> is absurd. Let other people speak for themselves.
>
> I'm not a fan of Mr. Gunn, but I seriously doubt whether the ToCali is
> his most important race.

Its a throwaway line from a guy whose first language isn't English.
I wouldn't read to much into it.

The ToC is a training race for him. And it *is* more important to
the Americans in the race than it is to him. I wouldn't take it any
further than that.

Now I'm going back to sleep until Milan-San Remo.

Bob Schwartz

TM
February 24th 08, 01:50 AM
"Kurgan Gringioni" > wrote in message
On Feb 23, 1:32 pm, "TM" > wrote:

> >> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> > No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> > biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> > Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> > /dave a
>
> You guys know nothing. Take Fabian at his word.

Dumbass -

He can say what he wants about how little the TdCali means to him and
we can take him at his word.

Him saying that it's the most important race to Leipheimer, however,
is absurd. Let other people speak for themselves.

I'm not a fan of Mr. Gunn, but I seriously doubt whether the ToCali is
his most important race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Mr. Gunn earned some points from me yesterday. +0:28 left a mark.

I took Fabian to be saying that the Tour de Suisse to him was analagous to
the Tour of California for Levi. We would agree that they would trade those
wins for others.

Kurgan Gringioni
February 24th 08, 02:35 AM
On Feb 23, 5:50*pm, "TM" > wrote:

> I took Fabian to be saying that the Tour de Suisse to him was analagous to
> the Tour of California for Levi. *We would agree that they would trade those
> wins for others.

Dumbass -

Not necessarily true.

How many times did LANCE skip US Pro Championships?

Indurain never won the Vuelta de Espana.

And so on.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

dave a
February 24th 08, 04:00 AM
Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> He can say what he wants about how little the TdCali means to him and
>> we can take him at his word.
>>
>> Him saying that it's the most important race to Leipheimer, however,
>> is absurd. Let other people speak for themselves.
>>
>> I'm not a fan of Mr. Gunn, but I seriously doubt whether the ToCali is
>> his most important race.
>
> Its a throwaway line from a guy whose first language isn't English.
> I wouldn't read to much into it.
>
> The ToC is a training race for him. And it *is* more important to
> the Americans in the race than it is to him. I wouldn't take it any
> further than that.
>
> Now I'm going back to sleep until Milan-San Remo.
>
> Bob Schwartz

FC better be ready to throw down some serious **** at that Tour day
Swiss thing.

/dave a

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
February 24th 08, 05:02 AM
On Feb 23, 8:00*pm, dave a > wrote:

>> FC better be ready to throw down some serious **** at that Tour day
>> Swiss thing.

Maybe he will end up riding for the Schleck brothers that week.

I don't know if High Road is doing that one or the Dauphine, but
I'd like to see Kim Kirchen do it to him.

Donald Munro
February 24th 08, 06:34 AM

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> Works for TK.

Whats the difference between gay liberal and liberal gay ?

Donald Munro
February 24th 08, 06:39 AM
Michael Press wrote:
> Yeah, but he's really _good_ at sucking wheel. He had to be a stealth
> wheel sucker to hide it from the rest of the team who were trying to get
> his team mate the win.

I thought Evans was alleged to have won the remora jersey last year.

Personally I'd say it takes some talent or good orange juice to suck
Rasmussen or Contadors wheels up those climbs. If it was easy lots more
people would be doing it.

jean-yves hervé
February 24th 08, 10:19 AM
In article >,
Donald Munro > wrote:

> jean-yves hervé wrote:
> >
> >> Oh, that? Well, *I* had completely forgotten about it. Why did you
> >> have to inject facts into this thread? If I say you're gay and a
> >> liberal, am I allowed to act as if your post never happened?
>
> rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> > Works for TK.
>
> Whats the difference between gay liberal and liberal gay ?

Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay. Liberal
gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.

jyh.

Davey Crockett[_5_]
February 24th 08, 10:25 AM
jean-yves hervé a écrit profondement:

| Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay. Liberal
| gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
|
| jyh.

A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

--
Davey Crockett
-

Kenny
February 24th 08, 11:05 AM
On Feb 23, 6:56*pm, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote:
> "Andre" > wrote in message

> > What the hell is going on with him? He manages to lose only 19 seconds
> > to Levi on the hardest stage, and then falls apart against the clock.
> > With a chance to win the Tour of California, he has failed badly.
>
> > * * * * * * Andre
>
> Quote from Fabian post stage 5
>
> "For him and [others] the Tour of California is the biggest race.
> For me the Tour de Suisse is maybe the same. He is good here
> and he has a rest after, but for me it is not the end - I still have
> to work hard to be serious for the next race. I have Flanders
> and Roubaix on my head."

At this time of the year that makes sense to me. Given the fact that
Levi is excluded from Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico, the TOC is
like his only goal during spring. I suppose no Walloon classics for
him neither. So what's left? Some one week stage races in Spain?
Cancellara main goal will always be Flanders & Roubaix. If you're at
100% of your capabilities now, you're past the top for Flanders &
Roubaix. So it seems logical to lose this TT, although i really
didn't expect this.

TM
February 24th 08, 12:29 PM
On Feb 23, 5:50 pm, "TM" > wrote:

> I took Fabian to be saying that the Tour de Suisse to him was analagous to
> the Tour of California for Levi. We would agree that they would trade
> those
> wins for others.

Dumbass -

Not necessarily true.

How many times did LANCE skip US Pro Championships?

Indurain never won the Vuelta de Espana.

And so on.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"All I can say is that I was very inspired here this year just like I was
inspired here last year," said Leipheimer. "To be the defending champion and
to have the yellow jersey means a lot to me."

Donald Munro
February 24th 08, 12:58 PM

Davey Crockett wrote:
> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

Tom Kunich
February 24th 08, 03:58 PM
"Donald Munro" > wrote in message
. com...
> jean-yves hervÃf© a écrit profondement:
>> |
>> | Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay.
>> Liberal
>> | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
>
> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer
>
> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.

You queers never give up do you?

William Asher
February 24th 08, 06:31 PM
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in news:13s351a907nn0d1
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Donald Munro" > wrote in message
> . com...

>>> Liberal
>>
>> Davey Crockett wrote:
>>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer
>>
>> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.
>
> You queers never give up do you?

Any all-volunteer army will be highly motivated.

Semper durus!

--
Bill Asher

Howard Kveck
February 24th 08, 07:15 PM
In article >, William Asher >
wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in news:13s351a907nn0d1
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > "Donald Munro" > wrote in message
> > . com...

> >> Actually Kunich has a ranking system, like getting protour points.
> >
> > You queers never give up do you?
>
> Any all-volunteer army will be highly motivated.

How about 'super motivated'?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

William Asher
February 25th 08, 12:09 AM
Howard Kveck > wrote in
:

> In article >, William Asher
> > wrote:
>
>> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in news:13s351a907nn0d1
>> @corp.supernews.com:
<snip>
>> > You queers never give up do you?
>>
>> Any all-volunteer army will be highly motivated.
>
> How about 'super motivated'?

heh. I missed that one.

--
Bill Asher

Fred Fredburger[_3_]
February 25th 08, 01:03 AM
Davey Crockett wrote:
> jean-yves hervé a écrit profondement:
> |
> | Gay liberal would tend to imply that some liberals are not gay. Liberal
> | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
> |
> | jyh.
>
> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer

Are you Gertrude Stein.

Tom Kunich
February 25th 08, 01:24 AM
"Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
. ..
> Davey Crockett wrote:
>> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
>>
>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer
>
> Are you Gertrude Stein.

Are you Alice B. Toklas?

Fred Fredburger[_3_]
February 25th 08, 01:37 AM
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Davey Crockett wrote:
>>> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
>>>
>>> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer
>>
>> Are you Gertrude Stein.
>
> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

The only reference I'm aware of is:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/

I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.

Tom Kunich
February 25th 08, 02:30 AM
"Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
. ..
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Are you Gertrude Stein.
>>
>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
>>

> The only reference I'm aware of is:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/
>
> I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.

Alice was Gertrude Stein's live-in lover in Paris.

Howard Kveck
February 25th 08, 07:15 AM
In article >, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
wrote:

> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > Davey Crockett wrote:
> >> Liberal | gay is the proper way to phrase it, I think.
> >>
> >> A Queer is a Queer is a Queer
> >
> > Are you Gertrude Stein.
>
> Are you Alice B. Toklas?

(Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that image, Bob).)

Are you Tom B. Dickless?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Geraard Spergen[_2_]
February 25th 08, 04:20 PM
Dave wrote:
> Andre wrote:

>> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>
> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to Fatboy
> Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>
> /dave a

Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
D-Tour snub his team as well.

Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.

dave a
February 25th 08, 04:32 PM
Geraard Spergen wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Andre wrote:
>

>>> excuses...he got kicked in the teeth in his own specialty.
>>
>> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
>> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to
>> Fatboy Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
>>
>> /dave a
>
> Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
> most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
> disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> D-Tour snub his team as well.
>
> Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
> at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
> California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.

So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
up in fifth place anyway.

I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

/dave a

TM
February 25th 08, 05:08 PM
"dave a" > wrote in message

> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi >and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT.

you've analyzed the situation about as well as you can read results.

5 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
6 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle

dave a
February 25th 08, 05:16 PM
TM wrote:
> "dave a" > wrote in message
>> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi >and Dave Z.
>> who was boss in the TT.
>
> you've analyzed the situation about as well as you can read results.
>
> 5 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
> 6 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle

Yes, he beat Dave Z. That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
wouldn't have placed fifth. Levi slapped him a good one despite his
best efforts.

Donald Munro
February 25th 08, 05:45 PM
dave a wrote:
> Yes, he beat Dave Z. That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> wouldn't have placed fifth. Levi slapped him a good one despite his best
> efforts.

How many times has Leipheimer won the world TT championships ?

SLAVE of THE STATE
February 25th 08, 06:01 PM
On Feb 25, 9:45*am, Donald Munro > wrote:
> dave a wrote:
> > Yes, he beat Dave Z. *That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> > wouldn't have placed fifth. *Levi slapped him a good one despite his best
> > efforts.
>
> How many times has Leipheimer won the world TT championships ?

I don't go so much for strict categorizing, but if we pretend for a
moment, I think the argument runs like this:
`
Leipheimer is primarily a GC guy.
Cancellara is primarily a TT guy.

Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.

Therefore, Cancellara is lame.

Bob Schwartz
February 25th 08, 06:03 PM
dave a wrote:
> TM wrote:
>> "dave a" > wrote in message
>>> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi >and Dave
>>> Z. who was boss in the TT.
>>
>> you've analyzed the situation about as well as you can read results.
>>
>> 5 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
>> 6 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle
>>

> Yes, he beat Dave Z. That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> wouldn't have placed fifth. Levi slapped him a good one despite his
> best efforts.

You are thinking about this way too hard. Its a training
race. Hell, maybe they are sprinting for city limit signs
too.

Bob Schwartz

Geraard Spergen
February 25th 08, 06:12 PM
dave a wrote:

> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

So you believe that FC and LL were equally motivated to win, and you
believe that the TTWC should win every TT he enters... got it.

I believe you got some kind of unrelated grudge against Cancellara.

Kyle Legate
February 25th 08, 07:02 PM
dave a wrote:

> So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> up in fifth place anyway.
>
> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

Fanboi,

Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.

Donald Munro
February 25th 08, 07:06 PM

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> So you believe that FC and LL were equally motivated to win, and you
> believe that the TTWC should win every TT he enters... got it.
>
> I believe you got some kind of unrelated grudge against Cancellara.

I've got a grudge against Cancellara. He gets all the podium girls.

Michael Press
February 25th 08, 08:38 PM
In article >,
dave a > wrote:

> Geraard Spergen wrote:
> > Dave wrote:

> >> No ****. Sore loser I would say. For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> >> biggest race is really a joke. Where did Levi place relative to
> >> Fatboy Cancellara in last year's tour day france?
> >>
> >> /dave a
> >
> > Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
> > most important races of the year. A few days before the start, he was
> > disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> > D-Tour snub his team as well.
> >
> > Most important race? Hell it might be his last race of any importance
> > at all; no way Cancellara is going to have that kind of motivation in
> > California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.
>
> So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> fifth? Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> up in fifth place anyway.
>
> I say bull****. He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. No class.

I am supermotivated to watch him this season.

--
Michael Press

SLAVE of THE STATE
February 25th 08, 09:43 PM
On Feb 25, 10:03*am, Bob Schwartz >
wrote:
> dave a wrote:
> > TM wrote:
>
> >> you've analyzed the situation about as well as you can read results.
>
> >> 5 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
> >> 6 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle
>
> > Yes, he beat Dave Z. *That's my point, if he wasn't really trying he
> > wouldn't have placed fifth. *Levi slapped him a good one despite his
> > best efforts.
>
> You are thinking about this way too hard. Its a training
> race. Hell, maybe they are sprinting for city limit signs
> too.

Why do you hate the ToC!?

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
February 25th 08, 10:32 PM
On Feb 25, 10:01*am, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:

> Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
> Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.
>
> Therefore, Cancellara is lame.

There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
Switzerland, then Cancellara would have beat Leipheimer
by 38.7 sec.

You can't argue math.

Andre
February 25th 08, 11:29 PM
On Feb 25, 2:02*pm, Kyle Legate > wrote:
> dave a wrote:
> > So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> > motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> > fifth? *Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> > up in fifth place anyway.
>
> > I say bull****. *He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z..
> > who was boss in the TT. *He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> > Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. *No class.
>
> Fanboi,
>
> Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
> he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.

What doesn't make sense is that if he was only "training at a
reasonable pace", why did he only lose 19 seconds on the toughest
stage? He was going all out man! I believe he just wasn't fully
recuperated from that cold rainy stage and therefore lost the TT. The
excuses he made were still stupid. He'll still probably win the TDF
prologue anyway. C'est drole non?

Andre

SLAVE of THE STATE
February 26th 08, 12:32 AM
On Feb 25, 2:32*pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni >
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:01*am, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
>

> > Cancellara didn't beat Leipheimer in the GC.
> > Leipheimer did beat Cancellara in the TT.
>
> > Therefore, Cancellara is lame.
>
> There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> Switzerland, then Cancellara *would have beat Leipheimer
> by 38.7 sec.
>
> You can't argue math.

In rbr, numbers are facts.

Fred Fredburger[_3_]
February 26th 08, 03:36 AM
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in
>>> message . ..

>>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
>>>

>> The only reference I'm aware of is:
>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063115/
>>
>> I guess I'm flattered, but in a really creepy sort of way.
>
> Alice was Gertrude Stein's live-in lover in Paris.

I thought you were professing your undying love for me. Now I'm
heartbroken. You cad!

Fred Fredburger
February 26th 08, 06:21 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article >, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Are you Gertrude Stein.
>> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
>
> (Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that image, Bob).)
>
> Are you Tom B. Dickless?

You leave him alone!

Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.

<swoon!>

What a studmuffin!

You get away!

Donald Munro
February 26th 08, 06:58 AM
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> In rbr, numbers are facts.

13 > 12

Donald Munro
February 26th 08, 07:00 AM

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> Why do you hate the ToC!?

Because he's a gay liberal or a liberal gay, I've forgotten which one is
worse.

February 26th 08, 07:06 AM
On Feb 25, 5:32*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2:32*pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni >
> wrote:
>
> > There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> > Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> > Switzerland, then Cancellara *would have beat Leipheimer
> > by 38.7 sec.
>
> > You can't argue math.
>
> In rbr, numbers are facts.

"Facts are stupid things."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Donald Munro
February 26th 08, 07:18 AM
Michael Press wrote:
> I am supermotivated to watch him this season.

Pound would give up in disgust. Even the cycling fans need performance
enhancement.

Howard Kveck
February 26th 08, 07:49 AM
In article >,
Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article >, "Tom Kunich"
> > <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> "Fred Fredburger" > wrote in message
> >> . ..

> >> Are you Alice B. Toklas?
> >
> > (Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that
> > image, Bob).)
> >
> > Are you Tom B. Dickless?
> >

> You leave him alone!
>
> Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
> the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.

You think he knows what number "It's Raining Men" is on the jukebox off the top of
his head?

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

dave a
February 26th 08, 03:49 PM
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 2:32 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
>>> Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
>>> Switzerland, then Cancellara would have beat Leipheimer
>>> by 38.7 sec.
>>> You can't argue math.
>> In rbr, numbers are facts.
>
> "Facts are stupid things."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

Here's a fact. That isn't a Franklin quote, it's from R. Reagan

"Facts are stupid things." –at the 1988 Republican National Convention,
attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

How's that for stubborn?

/dave a

February 26th 08, 04:33 PM
On Feb 25, 11:06 pm, " >
wrote:
> > > You can't argue math.
>
> > In rbr, numbers are facts.
>
> "Facts are stupid things."
> -- Benjamin Franklin

"I'm looking at all of these [polls] and adding them up. I add up to a
Republican Senate and Republican House. You may end up with a
different math but you are entitled to your math and I'm entitled to
THE math."
-- Karl Rove, before the 2006 mid-term elections.

SLAVE of THE STATE
February 26th 08, 04:55 PM
On Feb 25, 11:18*pm, Donald Munro > wrote:
> Michael Press wrote:
> > I am supermotivated to watch him this season.
>
> Pound would give up in disgust. Even the cycling fans need performance
> enhancement.

http://econoclectic.powerblogs.com/files/econoclectic-02-15_KrogersPricing_001_HornyGoatWeed.jpg

SLAVE of THE STATE
February 26th 08, 05:05 PM
On Feb 25, 11:06*pm, " >
wrote:
> On Feb 25, 5:32*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 25, 2:32*pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni >
> > wrote:
>
> > > There is an algorithm out there that proves that if the
> > > Solvang TT course profile was relocted to Lausanne,
> > > Switzerland, then Cancellara *would have beat Leipheimer
> > > by 38.7 sec.
>
> > > You can't argue math.
>
> > In rbr, numbers are facts.
>
> "Facts are stupid things."
> * * * * -- Benjamin Franklin

I've got your number.

Kyle Legate
February 26th 08, 06:08 PM
dave a wrote:
> wrote:
>> On Feb 25, 5:32 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:

>>> In rbr, numbers are facts.
>>
>> "Facts are stupid things."
>> -- Benjamin Franklin
>>

> Here's a fact. That isn't a Franklin quote, it's from R. Reagan
>
> "Facts are stupid things." –at the 1988 Republican National Convention,
> attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"
>
> How's that for stubborn?
>
> /dave a

Here's a fact: you should have lurked longer.

Kyle Legate
February 26th 08, 06:12 PM
Howard Kveck wrote:

> You think he knows what number "It's Raining Men" is on the jukebox off the top of
> his head?

666.

Donald Munro
February 26th 08, 06:29 PM

Kyle Legate wrote:
> 666.

Or 696 ?

William Asher
February 26th 08, 06:32 PM

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Sex#Sex_positions

--
Bill Asher

Fred Fredburger[_3_]
February 27th 08, 12:55 AM
Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article >,
> Fred Fredburger > wrote:
>
>> Howard Kveck wrote:
>>> In article >, "Tom Kunich"
>>> <cyclintom@yahoo. com>

>>> (Well, sometimes you just have to do it Kunich style (sorry for that
>>> image, Bob).)
>>>
>>> Are you Tom B. Dickless?
>>>
>> You leave him alone!
>>
>> Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
>> the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.
>
> You think he knows what number "It's Raining Men" is on the jukebox off the top of
> his head?

How familiar are you with Tom's jukebox?

Howard Kveck
February 27th 08, 01:36 AM
In article >,
Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Fred Fredburger > wrote:

> >> You leave him alone!
> >>
> >> Tom's the kind of sensitive guy that can name Gertrude Stein's lovers at
> >> the drop of a hat! Right off the top of his (presumably hatless) head.
> >
> > You think he knows what number "It's Raining Men" is on the jukebox off
> > the top of his head?
> >

> How familiar are you with Tom's jukebox?

Oh, it's just an edjumicated guess...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

February 27th 08, 09:47 AM
On Feb 26, 12:29*am, Andre > wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2:02*pm, Kyle Legate > wrote:
>
> > dave a wrote:
> > > So what you are saying is that Cancellara decided he didn't have the
> > > motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> > > fifth? *Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> > > up in fifth place anyway.
>
> > > I say bull****. *He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> > > who was boss in the TT. *He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> > > Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. *No class.
>
> > Fanboi,
>
> > Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
> > he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.
>
> What doesn't make sense is that if he was only "training at a
> reasonable pace", why did he only lose 19 seconds on the toughest
> stage? He was going all out man! I believe he just wasn't fully
> recuperated from that cold rainy stage and therefore lost the TT. The
> excuses he made were still stupid. He'll still probably win the TDF
> prologue anyway. C'est drole non?
>
> * * * * *Andre

I smell a severe lack of understanding of cycling^^

1. FC and LH did go all out. FC didn't deny that for a second.

BUT

2. FC has a build up toward Paris-Roubaix, whereas LH had a buildup
towards ToC and Paris Nice. Quite simply: this isn't a logical peak
for FC, whereas it is a perfect peak for a GC contender. A GC
contender will after the Tireno, ToC, PN tone down again upwards to
his next goal (Giro/TdF/Vuelta)

That FC won the prologue is not completely conflicting with this, due
to the nature of the discipline. High-speed steering is a major part
of it and FC has that skill beyond any other.

And what FC said is obviously true: the motivation of both of them is
obviously different considering the courses. It's ridiculous to deny
that ToC is more important for LH than FC and the same goes reversely
for the TdS.

Michael Press
February 28th 08, 12:37 AM
In article
wrote:

> On Feb 26, 12:29*am, Andre > wrote:

> > > Fanboi,
> >
> > > Cancellara already showed them who's boss in the prologue. Since then
> > > he's been training at a reasonable pace to be ready for important races.
> >
> > What doesn't make sense is that if he was only "training at a
> > reasonable pace", why did he only lose 19 seconds on the toughest
> > stage? He was going all out man! I believe he just wasn't fully
> > recuperated from that cold rainy stage and therefore lost the TT. The
> > excuses he made were still stupid. He'll still probably win the TDF
> > prologue anyway. C'est drole non?
> >
> > * * * * *Andre
>
> I smell a severe lack of understanding of cycling^^
>
> 1. FC and LH did go all out. FC didn't deny that for a second.
>
> BUT
>
> 2. FC has a build up toward Paris-Roubaix, whereas LH had a buildup
> towards ToC and Paris Nice. Quite simply: this isn't a logical peak
> for FC, whereas it is a perfect peak for a GC contender. A GC
> contender will after the Tireno, ToC, PN tone down again upwards to
> his next goal (Giro/TdF/Vuelta)
>
> That FC won the prologue is not completely conflicting with this, due
> to the nature of the discipline. High-speed steering is a major part
> of it and FC has that skill beyond any other.
>
> And what FC said is obviously true: the motivation of both of them is
> obviously different considering the courses. It's ridiculous to deny
> that ToC is more important for LH than FC and the same goes reversely
> for the TdS.

This is all true and what FC said is _true_, but saying
it is low grade regardless of how hard anybody tries to
explain it away.

He could have said "LH smoked me. I'm looking for a rematch."

--
Michael Press

March 23rd 08, 04:14 AM
On Feb 25, 9:32*am, dave a > wrote:
> Geraard Spergen wrote:
> > Dave wrote:

> >> No ****. *Sore loser I would say. *For him to say the ToC is Levi's
> >> biggest race is really a joke. *Where did Levi place relative to
> >> FatboyCancellarain last year's tour day france?
>
> > Last month, Leipheimer would probably have said the ToC was in his top 5
> > most important races of the year. *A few days before the start, he was
> > disinvited to 3 of the other 4, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the
> > D-Tour snub his team as well.
>
> > Most important race? *Hell it might be his last race of any importance
> > at all; no wayCancellarais going to have that kind of motivation in
> > California... he's got a full plate in the next few months.
>
> So what you are saying is thatCancellaradecided he didn't have the
> motivation to win the ToC TT but decided to be motivated enough to place
> fifth? *Or maybe he is so good that he just took the day off and wound
> up in fifth place anyway.
>
> I say bull****. *He wanted to win to show the likes of Levi and Dave Z.
> who was boss in the TT. *He tried his best, but it wasn't good enough.
> Then, loser that he is, he makes a lame excuse. *No class.

Today, Fabian Cancellara said at the post-race news
conference, "This victory is important for my team, but
it is bittersweet, because in no way can it make up for
getting sand kicked in my face at the Tour of California ITT.
I am still too ashamed to show my face in rbr ever again."

And that's why "Callistus Valerius/Crescentius Vespasianus"
has only posted twice since the ToC.

Ben

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home