PDA

View Full Version : McQuaid Vows to 'Turn Blue'

TM
February 27th 08, 12:01 PM
UCI president Pat McQuaid vowed to "hold his breath until he turns blue" if
professional teams do not boycott this year's Paris Nice. Observers
speculate that McQuaid's withholding of his breath would occur as a last
resort, emotional tactic to sway professional team managers.

Opinions on the effect of his announcement were mixed. "It will backfire,"
was one unnamed Pro Tour rider's opinion. "The team managers I have known
enjoy seeing people in oxygen debt."

February 27th 08, 06:55 PM
On Feb 27, 4:01 am, "TM" > wrote:
> UCI president Pat McQuaid vowed to "hold his breath until he turns blue" if
> professional teams do not boycott this year's Paris Nice. Observers
> speculate that McQuaid's withholding of his breath would occur as a last
> resort, emotional tactic to sway professional team managers.

Pat must have never read about the Frog and the Ox, back in his Irish
schooldaze.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home