PDA

View Full Version : So why is ASO having the FFC run Paris-Nice ?

Keith
March 8th 08, 02:08 AM
CN has a nice summary of the UCI vs ASO feud, but I still haven't been
able to figure out why ASO decided to run PN under the authority of
the FFC and not the UCI.

I thought that the UCI had decided to remove itself from PN following
the snubbing of the Astana team, but apparently not according to this
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb26news where
McQuaid steps in AFTER the FFC has been appointed by ASO

McQuaid may not be the bad guy after all then...

March 8th 08, 03:00 PM
On Mar 8, 3:08*am, Keith > wrote:
> CN has a nice summary of the UCI vs ASO feud, but I still haven't been
> able to figure out why ASO decided to run PN under the authority of
> the FFC and not the UCI.
>
> I thought that the UCI had decided to remove itself from PN following
> the snubbing of the Astana team, but apparently not according to thishttp://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb26newswhere
> McQuaid steps in AFTER the FFC has been appointed by ASO
>
> McQuaid may not be the bad guy after all then...

ASO want to make money running bike races. It also wants to protect
the value of it's races, so it can keep making money in the future. To
accomplish this, it needs to be able to do things they way it wants.
It sees the UCI as an obstacle to this end.

Joseph

Keith
March 8th 08, 04:26 PM
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:00:31 -0800 (PST),
" > wrote:

>On Mar 8, 3:08Â*am, Keith > wrote:
>> CN has a nice summary of the UCI vs ASO feud, but I still haven't been
>> able to figure out why ASO decided to run PN under the authority of
>> the FFC and not the UCI.
>>
>> I thought that the UCI had decided to remove itself from PN following
>> the snubbing of the Astana team, but apparently not according to thishttp://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb26newswhere
>> McQuaid steps in AFTER the FFC has been appointed by ASO
>>
>> McQuaid may not be the bad guy after all then...
>
>ASO want to make money running bike races. It also wants to protect
>the value of it's races, so it can keep making money in the future. To
>accomplish this, it needs to be able to do things they way it wants.
>It sees the UCI as an obstacle to this end.
>
>Joseph

Yes that's the big picture, but I'd still like to know what possessed
them to snub the UCI and hold PN outside of their authority

March 8th 08, 08:18 PM
On Mar 8, 5:26*pm, Keith > wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 07:00:31 -0800 (PST),
>

> " > wrote:
> >On Mar 8, 3:08*am, Keith > wrote:
> >> CN has a nice summary of the UCI vs ASO feud, but I still haven't been
> >> able to figure out why ASO decided to run PN under the authority of
> >> the FFC and not the UCI.
>
> >> I thought that the UCI had decided to remove itself from PN following
> >> the snubbing of the Astana team, but apparently not according to thishttp://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/feb08/feb26newswhere
> >> McQuaid steps in AFTER the FFC has been appointed by ASO
>
> >> McQuaid may not be the bad guy after all then...
>
> >ASO want to make money running bike races. It also wants to protect
> >the value of it's races, so it can keep making money in the future. To
> >accomplish this, it needs to be able to do things they way it wants.
> >It sees the UCI as an obstacle to this end.
>
> >Joseph
>
> Yes that's the big picture, but I'd still like to know what possessed
> them to snub the UCI and hold PN outside of their authority

I suppose the FFC is more inclined to let ASO do as they please. The
UCI is always mouthing off in the press upstaging the ASO whenever
anything bad happens. When was the last time the FFC took it upon
itself to make a stink?

Joseph

datakoll
March 10th 08, 12:36 AM
running the race or delagating(better) the race is their authority
BECAUSE THE RACE IS THEIR RACE. ASO OWNS THE RACE.
UCI owns nothing.
Once ASO decided ASO was up to running everything, ASO said "let's do
it" and that's the current process: controling UCI.
how else to slam the chicken and crown the doper spanaird?
a seperation of money and no money? amatuer and pro

datakoll
March 10th 08, 03:01 AM
HELLO HELLO, Quaid? HELLO, ASO HERE
what can veee do for you?

I see. Wellllllllllllllllllll., We are not handling those issues.
Those issues are under contract to the GFTVC in New Guinea....

Puhlease Quaid, control yourself. Send ASO a ducument outlining UCI's
problems and veeeeeealllllllll setup an appointment for UCI to speak
with our friends in New Guinea.

What do you mean "what does New Guinea have to do with Paris Nice" New
Guinea is handling the procedures. ASO made this clear 3 weeks ago in
a memorandum to Estonia.....

Keith
March 10th 08, 09:08 AM
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 20:01:04 -0700 (PDT), datakoll >
wrote:

>HELLO HELLO, Quaid? HELLO, ASO HERE
>what can veee do for you?
>
>I see. Wellllllllllllllllllll., We are not handling those issues.
>Those issues are under contract to the GFTVC in New Guinea....
>
>Puhlease Quaid, control yourself. Send ASO a ducument outlining UCI's
>problems and veeeeeealllllllll setup an appointment for UCI to speak
>with our friends in New Guinea.
>
>What do you mean "what does New Guinea have to do with Paris Nice" New
>Guinea is handling the procedures. ASO made this clear 3 weeks ago in
>a memorandum to Estonia.....

Is that supposed to be funny ?

Having given it some thought and seen Prudhomme yesterday on TV,
moving to the FCC was probably a way for ASO to voice their
dissatisfaction at seeing PN removed from the official Pro-Tour
calendar.

datakoll
March 10th 08, 01:13 PM
over analyzing again Keith: try substituting names and places

datakoll
March 10th 08, 10:47 PM
On Mar 10, 9:13 am, datakoll > wrote:
> over analyzing again Keith: try substituting names and places

CLEARING INA RAINFOREST INA NEW GUINEA
MILLING NAKED YOUNG AND ATTARCTIVE VILLAGERS
TRIBAL LEADERS DRESSED IN TOGAS SEATED AT TABLE
Ligget, Ligget's nurse and the guy from Durango with Junior in
blackface eating COLONEL SANDERS fried chickeN
TRIBAL LEADER, O"BAMA LOOKALIKE with nose bone, IN FOREGROUND IS
****ING A LARGE 600 pound pig painted white with maroone stripes.
Young negroe girl dancing with an MP3 player dances up to the TRIBAL
LEADER and hand him a cell phone.
TRIBAL LEADER:
"HELLO HELLO, Quaid? HELLO, GFTVC HERE
what can veee do for you?
I see. Wellllllllllllllllllll. (pulls penis out of pig, pig falls on
ground and rolls over, crushing Ligget)
Veee hafff ur ducument here. Veee understand UCI's problem: UCI wants
to tell us how to run New Guinea.
(cellphone emits distant shouting)
Puhlease Quaid control yourself.
(more distant shouting)
I see UCI's wants to control France. Veeeeeeaaaaal, veee here in New
Guinea hafff noooooo problem mit dat.
(Young naked negroe girl continues dancing)
I can tell UCI veeee will move on this issue soon.
When? In 4-5 weeks...
Pulease control yourself. Why not sooner? Veeeeal, veee are haffing
our pig ****ing festival.
Anyway more than enough time.
What you mean Paris Nice is now? Oh, didn't you read the Estonia
memorandum?
All ASO-GFTVC ducuments from UCI are submitted one year before the
event.
Puhlease Quaid..."

datakoll
March 11th 08, 03:43 PM
SCENE 4 IS CASTING NOW FOR A BLIND NEGRO.
BLIND NEGRO INTERESTED IN FILLING A SCENE 4 POSITION PLEASE APPLY ON
THE MEZZANINE
FRENCH A PLUS

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home