PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle Lift in Trondheim, Norway

Art[_2_]
March 8th 08, 04:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1PgmMbug8

Paul G.
March 8th 08, 04:32 AM
On Mar 7, 8:12 pm, Art > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1PgmMbug8

Cool! Today Trondheim, tomorrow Alpe d'Huez!
-Paul

March 8th 08, 10:05 AM
On Mar 8, 5:12*am, Art > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1PgmMbug8

I only used it once, so I'm sure my technique was a bit clumsy, but it
was tiresome for my right leg. I'd rather just ride.

Joseph

Andrew Price
March 8th 08, 07:30 PM
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:05:45 -0800 (PST),
" > wrote:

>I only used it once, so I'm sure my technique was a bit clumsy, but it
>was tiresome for my right leg. I'd rather just ride.

Over what distance does it run?

March 8th 08, 08:25 PM
On Mar 8, 8:30*pm, Andrew Price > wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:05:45 -0800 (PST),
>
> " > wrote:
> >I only used it once, so I'm sure my technique was a bit clumsy, but it
> >was tiresome for my right leg. I'd rather just ride.
>
> Over what distance does it run?

http://www.trondheim.kommune.no/content.ap?thisId=1117615321

It says 130m long with a rise of 24m. In the picture on the page you
can see the whole thing (perhaps somewhat forshortened by a zoom
lens).

For some reason it is only "open" from 7am to 10pm.

Here's more:

http://www.trampe.no/english/faq.php

Joseph

Andrew Price
March 8th 08, 09:21 PM
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:25:54 -0800 (PST),
" > wrote:

>It says 130m long with a rise of 24m.

Thanks.

>In the picture on the page you
>can see the whole thing (perhaps somewhat forshortened by a zoom
>lens).

That's exactly why I asked the question, as I suspected that a zoom
lens may have been making it appear shorter than it was. But if it's
only 130m, then like you, I think I'd prefer to ride (or push!)

Kyle Legate
March 9th 08, 07:47 AM
nmp wrote:
> Andrew Price wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:25:54 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> It says 130m long with a rise of 24m.
>> Thanks.
>>
>>> In the picture on the page you
>>> can see the whole thing (perhaps somewhat forshortened by a zoom lens).
>> That's exactly why I asked the question, as I suspected that a zoom lens
>> may have been making it appear shorter than it was. But if it's only
>> 130m, then like you, I think I'd prefer to ride (or push!)
>
> Me too, but I still think it's a great idea for people who don't ride for
> sport but for utility. That older lady who goes shopping with her 3-speed
> bicycle could certainly use this.

Not if she's been riding it every day since she was a child.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home