View Full Version : Dopey, not doper

William Asher
March 14th 08, 06:26 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/354923_bikebusiness14.html

--
Bill Asher

SLAVE of THE STATE
March 14th 08, 10:38 PM
On Mar 14, 11:26*am, William Asher > wrote:
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/354923_bikebusiness14.html

They're just trying creative ways to get some riding in while
supporting legions of pet primates. Kudos, really.

The carbon footprint comment was indeed dopey, if that is what you're
referring to.

March 15th 08, 05:24 AM
Article quote: "Employees at Seattle law firm Hagens Berman Sobol
Shapiro recently got a big incentive to take up the sport. Management
promised bicycles worth $3,500 to any employee who pledges to bike to
work three months out of the year."

Do you suppose they also had to sign waivers absolving the law firm of
responsibility when these new bike-commuters get smeared by SUVs?
ABS

Ryan Cousineau
March 16th 08, 04:33 AM
In article
wrote:

> Article quote: "Employees at Seattle law firm Hagens Berman Sobol
> Shapiro recently got a big incentive to take up the sport. Management
> promised bicycles worth $3,500 to any employee who pledges to bike to
> work three months out of the year."
>
> Do you suppose they also had to sign waivers absolving the law firm of
> responsibility when these new bike-commuters get smeared by SUVs?
> ABS

No, but in a few months when they get hooked, there will be a $3500
program to help them kick their EPO habits.

$3500 bike...what would you get? I know Mike J would get another damn
Madone (NTTAWWT), but what would you get?

Barring the default answer that I'd get my sponsor's bike, if it could
be only one, I'd probably contemplate either a Cervelo Soloist Carbon or
$3500 worth of TT bike.

My rationale is that in most disciplines, a bike upgrade would improve
my performance not at all, but I don't have a TT bike.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home