PDA

View Full Version : Assos Boycott Leaders Insist They Aren't Confused

TM
March 16th 08, 10:40 AM
Fans of American cyclist Levi Leipheimer are angry that it was assumed they
confused the Swiss company Assos with the Amaury Sports Organisation (ASO).

"We don't like either of them, but we know the difference." stated an
agitated Dave Paul, the group's spokesperson. "We deliberately chose Assos
because it is a Swiss company and that haughty Swiss ******* Fabian
Cancellara won't admit Levi kicked his ass in the ATOC TT (Amgen Tour of
California time trial)."

"That certainly puts a different spin on it," Swiss government spokesman
Willemus de Fruentia said when reached for comment. "You know," he
continued, " these Leipheimer fans keep talking about him in The Tour de
France last year, but try as I might I can't picture him. When I think of
last year's race, all I see is Fabian attacking in yellow to claim a
victory that could only be called audacious... but I can't ever recall
seeing this Levi they're so crazy about. Is he the one with the dog?"

Industry analyst Handel Barr admitted he was wrong to jump to conclusions
and apologized to the Leipheimer group. "I am sorry and a little red faced
about getting the reason for the boycott wrong. But those guys are crazy if
they can't see Levi peaked for that race while Fabian is looking for his
results a little later than February."

Dave Paul announced the group was debating a media boycott in retaliation
for what he called "unfair stereotyping" in the coverage. "All that about
the XL sizes and up only being effected by the boycott is bunk. There are
plenty of us who wear larges and that number will increase because a lot of
us are giving up carbs until they let Levi ride."

John Forrest Tomlinson
March 16th 08, 01:40 PM
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 06:40:37 -0400, "TM" > wrote:

>Fans of American cyclist Levi Leipheimer are angry that it was assumed they
>confused the Swiss company Assos with the Amaury Sports Organisation (ASO).
>
>"We don't like either of them, but we know the difference." stated an
>agitated Dave Paul, the group's spokesperson. "We deliberately chose Assos
>because it is a Swiss company and that haughty Swiss ******* Fabian
>Cancellara won't admit Levi kicked his ass in the ATOC TT (Amgen Tour of
>California time trial)."
>
>"That certainly puts a different spin on it," Swiss government spokesman
>Willemus de Fruentia said when reached for comment. "You know," he
>continued, " these Leipheimer fans keep talking about him in The Tour de
>France last year, but try as I might I can't picture him. When I think of
>last year's race, all I see is Fabian attacking in yellow to claim a
>victory that could only be called audacious... but I can't ever recall
>seeing this Levi they're so crazy about. Is he the one with the dog?"
>
>Industry analyst Handel Barr admitted he was wrong to jump to conclusions
>and apologized to the Leipheimer group. "I am sorry and a little red faced
>about getting the reason for the boycott wrong. But those guys are crazy if
>they can't see Levi peaked for that race while Fabian is looking for his
>results a little later than February."
>
>Dave Paul announced the group was debating a media boycott in retaliation
>for what he called "unfair stereotyping" in the coverage. "All that about
>the XL sizes and up only being effected by the boycott is bunk. There are
>plenty of us who wear larges and that number will increase because a lot of
>us are giving up carbs until they let Levi ride."

I hate to say it, but this is funny stuff. Especially the last
paragraph.

Bill C
March 16th 08, 02:19 PM
On Mar 16, 9:40*am, John Forrest Tomlinson >
wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 06:40:37 -0400, "TM" > wrote:
> >Fans of American cyclist Levi Leipheimer are angry that it was assumed they
> >confused the Swiss company Assos with the Amaury Sports Organisation (ASO).
>
> >"We don't like either of them, but we know the difference." stated an
> >agitated Dave Paul, the group's spokesperson. *"We deliberately chose Assos
> >because it is a Swiss company and that haughty Swiss ******* Fabian
> >Cancellara won't admit Levi kicked his ass in the ATOC TT (Amgen Tour of
> >California time trial)."
>
> >"That certainly puts a different spin on it," Swiss government spokesman
> >Willemus de Fruentia said when reached for comment. *"You know," he
> >continued, " these Leipheimer fans keep talking about him in The Tour de
> >France last year, but try as I might I can't picture him. *When I think of
> >last year's race, all I see is Fabian attacking in yellow to claim a
> >victory that could only be called audacious... but I can't ever recall
> >seeing this Levi they're so crazy about. *Is he the one with the dog?"
>
> >Industry analyst Handel Barr admitted he was wrong to jump to conclusions
> >and apologized to the Leipheimer group. *"I am sorry and a little red faced
> >about getting the reason for the boycott wrong. *But those guys are crazy if
> >they can't see Levi peaked for that race while Fabian is looking for his
> >results a little later than February."
>
> >Dave Paul announced the group was debating a media boycott in retaliation
> >for what he called "unfair stereotyping" in the coverage. *"All that about
> >the XL sizes and up only being effected by the boycott is bunk. *There are
> >plenty of us who wear larges and that number will increase because a lot of
> >us are giving up carbs until they let Levi ride."
>
> I hate to say it, but this is funny stuff. Especially the last
> paragraph.- Hide quoted text -

Agreed, but I like parody, and puns so that probably disqualifies me.
The "Bill the Galactic Hero" books are great, as are the "Surfing
Samurai Robots" books which spoof "hardboiled" detective stories.
Bill C

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home