PDA

View Full Version : uh, okay . . . .

March 18th 08, 01:51 AM
On Mar 18, 5:24 pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
> uh, what were they actually looking for?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2k2coj
"Purpose: To evaluate evidence about the effects of growth hormone on
athletic performance in physically fit, young individuals."

Bob Schwartz
March 18th 08, 01:18 PM
xzzy wrote:
> uh, what were they actually looking for?

Well, they should have been looking for studies on
its impact on recovery. I'm not sure that's what they
were doing though.

Bob Schwartz

Andy Coggan
March 18th 08, 06:10 PM
On Mar 18, 8:24*pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
> The Stanford team found 27 studies with a total of 303 participants that
> tested the physiological effects of growth hormone compared with an inactive
> placebo.
>
> http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_8605343
>
> --
>
> That done, the researchers decided to weigh the evidence on growth hormone
> and athletic performance. "Other authors have questioned whether growth
> hormone improves athletic performance," Liu said.
>
> This meta-analysis looked at 44 existing articles from 27 different study
> samples which included individuals aged 13 to 45. All were randomized,
> controlled trials, considered the highest level of evidence in medical
> science.
>
> http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080317/human-growth-...

But wait...I thought that I needed to manipulate my afternoon naps and/
or my intervals so as to orchestrate much tinier changes in my
endogenous growth hormone levels? Now you're telling me that even
doping with the stuff doesn't work?? Geez, I suppose that's what I get
for listening to certain coaches...

With tongue *firmly* planted in cheek,

Andy Coggan

Donald Munro
March 18th 08, 06:58 PM
Andy Coggan wrote:
> But wait...I thought that I needed to manipulate my afternoon naps and/ or
> my intervals so as to orchestrate much tinier changes in my endogenous
> growth hormone levels? Now you're telling me that even doping with the
> stuff doesn't work?? Geez, I suppose that's what I get for listening to
> certain coaches...

You need to stick with the one true koach and do kintervals(tm).

Andy Coggan
March 18th 08, 07:28 PM
On Mar 18, 1:58*pm, Donald Munro > wrote:
> Andy Coggan wrote:
> > But wait...I thought that I needed to manipulate my afternoon naps and/ or
> > my intervals so as to orchestrate much tinier changes in my endogenous
> > growth hormone levels? Now you're telling me that even doping with the
> > stuff doesn't work?? Geez, I suppose that's what I get for listening to
> > certain coaches...
>
> You need to stick with the one true koach and do kintervals(tm).

...while knapping(tm) every afternoon?

Andy Coggan

xzzy
March 19th 08, 01:24 AM

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/healthday/080317/human-growth-hormone-doesnt-improve-athletic-performance.htm

--

uh, what were they actually looking for?

Donald Munro
March 19th 08, 08:25 AM
Andy Coggan wrote:
> ...while knapping(tm) every afternoon?

All gregs primates get to do that (after their afternoon ride).

xzzy
March 19th 08, 03:50 PM
they seem to be ignoring it's help with recovery to try to build a case for
something else

"Bob Schwartz" > wrote in message
. net...
> xzzy wrote:
>> uh, what were they actually looking for?
>
> Well, they should have been looking for studies on
> its impact on recovery. I'm not sure that's what they
> were doing though.
>
> Bob Schwartz

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home