PDA

View Full Version : Flanders finish-no spoilers

Bill C
April 6th 08, 03:30 PM
Nice job, good stuff!
Bill C

April 6th 08, 06:41 PM
Please observe proper rbr protocol.

April 6th 08, 07:29 PM
On Apr 6, 7:41*pm, wrote:
> Please observe proper rbr protocol.

Does Devolder have really long thighs and/or a super low saddle? I
thought there was something screwy with my widescreen TV.

He does have one of the only cool national champion kits though. And
he kicked ass.

Joseph

Bill C
April 6th 08, 07:38 PM
On Apr 6, 1:41*pm, wrote:
> Please observe proper rbr protocol.

I thought we'd added, the possibility of discussion with NO results
mentioned to go with the posted podium so folks who didn't want them
yet didn't get them by accident?
Bill C

Bill C
April 6th 08, 07:41 PM
On Apr 6, 2:29*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Apr 6, 7:41*pm, wrote:
>
> > Please observe proper rbr protocol.
>
> Does Devolder have really long thighs and/or a super low saddle? I
> thought there was something screwy with my widescreen TV.
>
> He does have one of the only cool national champion kits though. And
> he kicked ass.
>
> Joseph

"Watched" it on CN. That was a great move. Cool to see more of the
agressive racing coming back.
Is everyone still having all kinds of headaches with cyclingTV?
Bill C

Amit Ghosh
April 6th 08, 09:49 PM
On Apr 6, 2:41 pm, Bill C > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2:29 pm, "
>
> > wrote:
> > On Apr 6, 7:41 pm, wrote:
>
> > > Please observe proper rbr protocol.
>
> > Does Devolder have really long thighs and/or a super low saddle? I
> > thought there was something screwy with my widescreen TV.
>
> > He does have one of the only cool national champion kits though. And
> > he kicked ass.
>
> > Joseph
>
> "Watched" it on CN. That was a great move. Cool to see more of the
> agressive racing coming back.
> Is everyone still having all kinds of headaches with cyclingTV?
> Bill C

dumbass,

i watched it fine on cycling.tv.

it was an awesome race.

ronaldo_jeremiah
April 6th 08, 10:02 PM
On Apr 6, 1:38*pm, Bill C > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 1:41*pm, wrote:
>
> > Please observe proper rbr protocol.
>
> I thought we'd added, the possibility of discussion with NO results
> mentioned to go with the posted podium so folks who didn't want them
> yet didn't get them by accident?
> *Bill C

Dumbass -

Discuss a race with no mention of results. Yeah, that makes sense.

For punishment, we'll put Chung on double-secret probation.

-rj

SLAVE of THE STATE
April 6th 08, 10:29 PM
On Apr 6, 7:30*am, Bill C > wrote:
> *Nice job, good stuff!
> Bill C

Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?

Donald Munro
April 6th 08, 11:00 PM
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> For punishment, we'll put Chung on double-secret probation.

Or make him eat red herring.

Bill C
April 6th 08, 11:21 PM
On Apr 6, 5:02*pm, ronaldo_jeremiah >
wrote:
> On Apr 6, 1:38*pm, Bill C > wrote:
>
> > On Apr 6, 1:41*pm, wrote:
>
> > > Please observe proper rbr protocol.
>
> > I thought we'd added, the possibility of discussion with NO results
> > mentioned to go with the posted podium so folks who didn't want them
> > yet didn't get them by accident?
> > *Bill C
>
> Dumbass -
>
> Discuss a race with no mention of results. *Yeah, that makes sense.
>
> For punishment, we'll put Chung on double-secret probation.
>
> -rj

Bet you knew who, and what I was talking about in the first post. It's
pretty easy to talk about whether it was good, or boring, etc...Let's
people who missed it decide whether it's worth being home to watch Vs,
or go read through the live coverage.
It's on Vs now, and they're saying P-R next week on Cyclism too.
Still sucks there's no live coverage though.
Bill C

Bob Schwartz[_2_]
April 7th 08, 01:39 AM
Bill C wrote:
> Still sucks there's no live coverage though.

I went to eurosport.com and they had it streaming live
on yahoo. Came in fine, no reception issues.

Bob Schwartz

Tom Kunich
April 7th 08, 01:54 AM
"Bill C" > wrote in message
> Nice job, good stuff!

Interesting - the first Frenchman, more commonly known as the first
non-druggy, was 10th.

April 7th 08, 02:53 AM
On Apr 6, 8:54 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Interesting - the first Frenchman, more commonly known as the first
> non-druggy, was 10th.

that's to be expected -- no one rides bike in France anymore.

Tom Kunich
April 7th 08, 03:20 AM
> wrote in message
> On Apr 6, 8:54 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting - the first Frenchman, more commonly known as the first
>> non-druggy, was 10th.
>
> that's to be expected -- no one rides bike in France anymore.

Well I met a really nice Breton who told me that in Brittany there were
still "real" bicyclists and that while the parts of France I saw (and those
of a friend of mine who toured over there for 9 months by bike also noted)
had essentially no cyclists, there would always be cyclists in Brittany.

ronaldo_jeremiah
April 7th 08, 03:37 AM
On Apr 6, 9:20*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > On Apr 6, 8:54 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> >> Interesting - the first Frenchman, more commonly known as the first
> >> non-druggy, was 10th.
>
> > that's to be expected -- no one rides bike in France anymore.
>
> Well I met a really nice Breton who told me that in Brittany there were
> still "real" bicyclists and that while the parts of France I saw (and those
> of a friend of mine who toured over there for 9 months by bike also noted)
> had essentially no cyclists, there would always be cyclists in Brittany.

Dumbass -

This thread is not about you or your n=1 study of French cycling.

-rj

Howard Kveck
April 7th 08, 05:38 AM
In article >,
ronaldo_jeremiah > wrote:

> On Apr 6, 9:20*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > that's to be expected -- no one rides bike in France anymore.
> >
> > Well I met a really nice Breton who told me that in Brittany there were
> > still "real" bicyclists and that while the parts of France I saw (and those
> > of a friend of mine who toured over there for 9 months by bike also noted)
> > had essentially no cyclists, there would always be cyclists in Brittany.
>
> Dumbass -
>
> This thread is not about you or your n=1 study of French cycling.

Dude, *every* thread is about Tom, should he so decide.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Kyle Legate
April 7th 08, 06:23 AM
Bill C wrote:
> On Apr 6, 5:02 pm, ronaldo_jeremiah >
> wrote:

>>> I thought we'd added, the possibility of discussion with NO results
>>> mentioned to go with the posted podium so folks who didn't want them
>>> yet didn't get them by accident?
>>> Bill C
>> Dumbass -
>>
>> Discuss a race with no mention of results. Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>> For punishment, we'll put Chung on double-secret probation.
>>
>> -rj
>
> Bet you knew who, and what I was talking about in the first post. It's
> pretty easy to talk about whether it was good, or boring, etc...Let's
> people who missed it decide whether it's worth being home to watch Vs,
> or go read through the live coverage.

We have already been through this. Several times. If you don't want to
be spoiled, don't visit the group.

Donald Munro
April 7th 08, 08:24 AM
ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:
> This thread is not about you or your n=1 study of French cycling.

Proof by mathematical Kinduction only requires n=1 or even n=0.
The kinductive step may be assumed based on political belief.

Bill C
April 7th 08, 12:05 PM
On Apr 7, 1:23*am, Kyle Legate > wrote:

> We have already been through this. Several times. If you don't want to
> be spoiled, don't visit the group.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Kyle. Duly noted, probably won't stick due to CRS though.
Bill C

April 7th 08, 06:08 PM
> The kinductive step may be assumed based on political belief.

I think "Kundictive" is a better fit ...

SLAVE of THE STATE
April 7th 08, 08:31 PM
On Apr 7, 10:08*am, " > wrote:
> > The kinductive step may be assumed based on political belief.
>
> I think "Kundictive" is a better fit ...

You can't do a fit with n=0 or n=1. Just thinking it through...

April 7th 08, 11:36 PM
On Apr 6, 2:29 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 7:30 am, Bill C > wrote:
>
> > Nice job, good stuff!
> > Bill C
>
> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?

The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
wrong times. So much for that.

Ben

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
April 8th 08, 12:25 AM
On Apr 6, 1:49*pm, Amit Ghosh > wrote:
> On Apr 6, 2:41 pm, Bill C > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 6, 2:29 pm, "
>
> > > wrote:

> > > Does Devolder have really long thighs and/or a super low saddle? I
> > > thought there was something screwy with my widescreen TV.
>
> > > He does have one of the only cool national champion kits though. And
> > > he kicked ass.
>
> > > Joseph
>
> > *"Watched" it on CN. That was a great move. Cool to see more of the
> > agressive racing coming back.
> > *Is everyone still having all kinds of headaches with cyclingTV?
> > *Bill C
>
> dumbass,
>
> i watched it fine on cycling.tv.
>
> it was an awesome race.- Hide quoted text -

Just finished watching the several hours of the 'as live'
on the premium channel, and just this race alone is
worth the subscription.

John Forrest Tomlinson
April 8th 08, 02:15 AM
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Apr 6, 2:29 pm, SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:
>> On Apr 6, 7:30 am, Bill C > wrote:
>>
>> > Nice job, good stuff!
>> > Bill C
>>
>> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?
>
>The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
>strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
>wrong times. So much for that.

I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
April 8th 08, 02:54 AM
On Apr 7, 6:15*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson >
wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
>
> > wrote:

> >> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?
>
> >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> >wrong times. *So much for that.
>
> I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.

Would have been great if only we could have seen
VDB take on the Koppenberg. But that was not
to be.

Ryan Cousineau
April 8th 08, 03:52 AM
In article >,
John Forrest Tomlinson > wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:

> >> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?
> >
> >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> >wrong times. So much for that.
> >
> I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.

He was right.

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
April 8th 08, 04:16 AM
wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
>
> > wrote:

> >> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?
>
> >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> >wrong times. *So much for that.
>
> I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.

I think Boonen has been dining on the terrace at Maxim's de Monte-
Carlo a
bit too often over the off season. He seems to be a bit soft.

Tom Kunich
April 8th 08, 05:41 AM
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote in message

> I think Boonen has been dining on the terrace at Maxim's de Monte-
> Carlo a bit too often over the off season. He seems to be a bit soft.

That wouldn't come as a surprise to you would it?

Fabrizio Mazzoleni[_2_]
April 8th 08, 05:55 AM
On Apr 7, 9:41*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote in message

> > I think Boonen has been dining on the terrace at Maxim's de Monte-
> > Carlo a bit too often over the off season. He seems to be a bit soft.
>
> That wouldn't come as a surprise to you would it?

What's upsetting about this is even if Tom comes in 6th
or so at Paris Roubaix he still will have those teeniebobers
drooling over him.

Howard Kveck
April 8th 08, 07:38 AM
In article >,
Fabrizio Mazzoleni > wrote:

> On Apr 7, 6:15*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson >
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> >
> > > wrote:

> > >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> > >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> > >wrong times. *So much for that.
> >
> > I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> > 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> > much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.
>
> I think Boonen has been dining on the terrace at Maxim's de Monte-
> Carlo a bit too often over the off season. He seems to be a bit soft.

Mmm, he was able to help drive the following group back almost to the small chase
group reasonably well (yeah, many other teams were working hard at that too). I
wonder how far from the end it was before the decision was made to see if Devolder
could get the win.

By the way, anyone watching the races on Vs. should check out the closed
captioning for a bit - they're pretty damn funny.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Tom Kunich
April 8th 08, 02:56 PM
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote in message
On Apr 7, 9:41 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" > wrote in message
> >
> > > I think Boonen has been dining on the terrace at Maxim's de Monte-
> > > Carlo a bit too often over the off season. He seems to be a bit soft.
> >
> > That wouldn't come as a surprise to you would it?
>
> What's upsetting about this is even if Tom comes in 6th
> or so at Paris Roubaix he still will have those teeniebobers
> drooling over him.

Do I detect a trace of jealousy? He's young and rich and the women want him.
Big deal.

SLAVE of THE STATE
April 8th 08, 10:03 PM
wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
>
> > wrote:

> >> Didn't someone in rbr write that Devolder didn't have good form now?
>
> >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> >wrong times. *So much for that.
>
> I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.

I didn't see it, but the CN written report was that he was hanging at
15-20 seconds for the last 25k. That has to hurt and one couldn't do
it without some very good form, especially if he was trying to soften
up the competition for Boonen earlier.
Gnarly dude.

Tom Kunich
April 8th 08, 10:55 PM
wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> >
> > >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> > >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> > >wrong times. So much for that.
> >
> > I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> > 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> > much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.
>
> I didn't see it, but the CN written report was that he was hanging at
> 15-20 seconds for the last 25k. That has to hurt and one couldn't do
> it without some very good form, especially if he was trying to soften
> up the competition for Boonen earlier. Gnarly dude.

According to most of the really great racers here it is impossible to keep
up like that and not be a druggy.

Michael Press
April 9th 08, 11:05 PM
In article
SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:

> On Apr 7, 6:15*pm, John Forrest Tomlinson >
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 15:36:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> >
> > > wrote:

> > >The rap on Devolder also used to be that he was the
> > >strongest but burnt all his matches at the tactically
> > >wrong times. *So much for that.
> >
> > I listened to about five minutes of UK Eurosport coverage, with about
> > 60Ks to go, Sean Kelly was saying he thought Devolder was doing too
> > much and wouldnt' be able to help Boonen later.
>
> I didn't see it, but the CN written report was that he was hanging at
> 15-20 seconds for the last 25k. That has to hurt and one couldn't do
> it without some very good form,

Some very good what?
I never heard it called that before.

--
Michael Press

Howard Kveck
April 10th 08, 02:01 AM
In article >,
SLAVE of THE STATE > wrote:

> I didn't see it, but the CN written report was that he was hanging at
> 15-20 seconds for the last 25k. That has to hurt and one couldn't do
> it without some very good form, especially if he was trying to soften
> up the competition for Boonen earlier.
> Gnarly dude.

If you check his palmares, you'll see that he has a fair number of good results in
TTs. That was basically what he seemed to be doing that last 25k. Of course, the fact
he could do that after working like he had the previous 240k or so makes that all the
more impressive.

http://www.trap-friis.dk/cykling/belgium.Devolder.htm

--
tanx,