PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Raleigh Sports

HDGuzzi
April 8th 08, 07:29 PM
Greetings:
I'm looking at a '73 Raleigh Sports which looks from all outward
appearances to be about a 9 1/2 on a scale of 10. Excellent condition,
with nearly new paint, chrome and original tires with little to no
wear, weathering or cracking. I have no idea what something like this
should be worth, but I've been looking to spend no more than $250-$300
on an example of this quality, and have looked at new Schwinn 3 Speeds
in that range. But I'd prefer a vintage Brit bike.
Any advice or comments gladly accepted.
THANKS!

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada
April 9th 08, 02:39 AM
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:29:38 -0700 (PDT), HDGuzzi
> wrote:

>Greetings:
>I'm looking at a '73 Raleigh Sports which looks from all outward
>appearances to be about a 9 1/2 on a scale of 10. Excellent condition,
>with nearly new paint, chrome and original tires with little to no
>wear, weathering or cracking. I have no idea what something like this
>should be worth, but I've been looking to spend no more than $250-$300
>on an example of this quality, and have looked at new Schwinn 3 Speeds
>in that range. But I'd prefer a vintage Brit bike.
>Any advice or comments gladly accepted.
>THANKS!
A nottingham raleigh is worth as much half worn out as a new
department store Schwinn.

HDGuzzi
April 9th 08, 05:21 AM
On Apr 8, 6:39*pm, clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:29:38 -0700 (PDT), HDGuzzi
>
> > wrote:
> >Greetings:
> >I'm looking at a '73 Raleigh Sports which looks from all outward
> >appearances to be about a 9 1/2 on a scale of 10. Excellent condition,
> >with nearly new paint, chrome and original tires with little to no
> >wear, weathering or cracking. I have no idea what something like this
> >should be worth, but I've been looking to spend no more than $250-$300
> >on an example of this quality, and have looked at new Schwinn 3 Speeds
> >in that range. But I'd prefer a vintage Brit bike.
> >Any advice or comments gladly accepted.
> >THANKS!
>
> *A nottingham raleigh is worth as much half worn out as a new
> department store Schwinn.
> ** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Thanks. That's kind of what I'd expected. I have a '69 Grand Prix
frame hanging in my garage which I bought new in 1969. Looking it
over, you just don't see that kind of workmanship today in most
things. The more I look at this Sports, the more I think I'll be
flexible with the amount I'm willing to spend.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home