PDA

View Full Version : Programming SigmaSportBC400

April 16th 08, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know how to program this bicycle computer? I changed the
battery in mine and now the speed is too fast. It looks like it is in
metric although the display says MPH.

I computed the circumference of the tire to be 205 cm and entered that
number. Is that the right way to do it or do I have to convert that
number to something else.

I did it once before, several years ago and had the same problem.

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Andre Jute[_2_]
April 16th 08, 01:08 AM
On Apr 16, 12:15*am, wrote:
> Does anyone know how to program this bicycle computer? I changed the
> battery in mine and now the speed is too fast. It looks like it is in
> metric although the display says MPH.
>
> I computed the circumference of the tire to be 205 cm and entered that
> number. Is that the right way to do it or do I have to convert that
> number to something else.
>
> I did it once before, several years ago and had the same problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Dan

All my heart rate monitors, including a different Sigma to yours, want
the tyre circumference entered in milimeters. Looks like you're
missing a zero. The setting up of metric/imperial reporting is
separate from the input of calculation data.

Andre Jute
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/BICYCLE%20%26%20CYCLING.html

Rex Kerr
April 23rd 08, 01:18 AM
wrote:
> Does anyone know how to program this bicycle computer? I changed the
> battery in mine and now the speed is too fast. It looks like it is in
> metric although the display says MPH.
>
> I computed the circumference of the tire to be 205 cm and entered that
> number. Is that the right way to do it or do I have to convert that
> number to something else.
>
> I did it once before, several years ago and had the same problem.

Sigma has their manuals online, even for old models:

http://www.sigmasport.com/us/service_center/produkt_support/bikecomputer/fragen/?jahrgang=1&produkt=36&gruppe=1&sprache=2&typ=bikecomputer

--
Work and recreation are not often effected at the same time.
One using a bicycle in business makes an exception to the rule.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home