PDA

View Full Version : Nova car of the future

Peter Cole[_2_]
April 23rd 08, 02:32 PM
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/car/efficiency.html

The thing that struck me about this presentation was the near 100%
overlap with the auto design issues and the bike design issues that have
been discussed here. The final point was that no matter how efficient
future cars get, we'll still run out of room for roads, so in addition
to much better cars, we need car alternatives.

Ron Ruff
April 23rd 08, 05:07 PM
Car alternatives like very light and efficient electric powered
velomobiles, would take up little space on the road and be reasonably
comfortable for in-town commuting in all weather. They would also
safely coexist with bicycle riders. If mass produced they could surely
be had for $2k or so. Plenty of people would use such a thing if both
the real and imagined perception of danger was dealt with... an easy
task IMO, if there was even a little bit of organized effort along
these lines. The link shows one recent example of a light 3-wheeler.

http://www.bugev.net/

jim beam
April 24th 08, 04:55 AM
Peter Cole wrote:
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/car/efficiency.html
>
> The thing that struck me about this presentation was the near 100%
> overlap with the auto design issues and the bike design issues that have
> been discussed here. The final point was that no matter how efficient
> future cars get, we'll still run out of room for roads, so in addition
> to much better cars, we need car alternatives.

slow day? again?

why the sudden irresistible urge for all this trolling?

Tom Sherman[_2_]
April 24th 08, 05:17 AM
"jim beam" wrote:
> Peter Cole wrote:
>> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/car/efficiency.html
>>
>> The thing that struck me about this presentation was the near 100%
>> overlap with the auto design issues and the bike design issues that
>> have been discussed here. The final point was that no matter how
>> efficient future cars get, we'll still run out of room for roads, so
>> in addition to much better cars, we need car alternatives.
>

> slow day? again?
>
> why the sudden irresistible urge for all this trolling?

Why the constant, irresistible urge to stalk Jobst Brandt?

jim beam
April 24th 08, 05:30 AM
Tom Sherman wrote:
> "jim beam" wrote:
>> Peter Cole wrote:
>>> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/car/efficiency.html
>>>
>>> The thing that struck me about this presentation was the near 100%
>>> overlap with the auto design issues and the bike design issues that
>>> have been discussed here. The final point was that no matter how
>>> efficient future cars get, we'll still run out of room for roads, so
>>> in addition to much better cars, we need car alternatives.
>>

>> slow day? again?
>>
>> why the sudden irresistible urge for all this trolling?
>
> Why the constant, irresistible urge to stalk Jobst Brandt?

why the constant irresistible urge to prove yourself a lightweight?
your signal-to-noise ratio have got to be < 0.01.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home