PDA

View Full Version : Why does my CHAIN....

TBerk
April 26th 08, 03:13 AM
1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?

2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
time to time?

Thanks in advance,
TBerk

clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada
April 26th 08, 04:08 AM
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:13:02 -0700 (PDT), TBerk
> wrote:

>1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?
>
>2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
>time to time?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>TBerk
Does it by chance need cleaning and lubricating? A stiff chain WILL do
that.

catzz66
April 26th 08, 12:27 PM
TBerk wrote:

> 1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?
>
> 2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
> time to time?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> TBerk

When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your chain?

TBerk
April 26th 08, 05:29 PM
On Apr 26, 4:27 am, catzz66 > wrote:
> TBerk wrote:
>
> > 1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?
>
> > 2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
> > time to time?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > TBerk
>
> When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your chain?

Good point. I haven't.

What I _did_ do recently was take apart the rear dérailleur gears and
repack them with clean bearing grease. (I found some grass stems
wrapped up in there.)

I'll try the clean chain, lube inside of links, wipe down out side of
chain proceedure today and report back.

TBerk

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home