PDA

View Full Version : John Bickmore asking for help with a very difficult problem

xzzy
May 1st 08, 04:36 AM
I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
- Born on an Army base in the USA

I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:

I need an Immagation Lawyer
- my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
- all the paper work is okay
- all the proper fees have been paid
- all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
card are proper

- The problem is:
- United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
->> because they did not get to it in time.

- on May 13, 2008
- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
12, 2008
- Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
our home and it's contents
= LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

- This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
citizen of America cannot be put in a bad position, and then be held
accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.

All hands on deck, I need help with this!

Thank you,

John Bickmore
1405 S. Vaughn Circle
Aurora, CO 80012
303-695-6467

Kyle Legate
May 1st 08, 05:28 AM
xzzy wrote:

> I need an Immagation Lawyer

Maybe an immigration lawyer will help more. Get one. I hope you don't
need help picking up the phone book.

> = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

It sounds like your gov't is doing you a favour for a change.

Davey Crockett[_5_]
May 1st 08, 05:44 AM
"xzzy" a écrit profondement:

| I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
| - Born on an Army base in the USA
|
| I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
|

| I need an Immagation Lawyer
| - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
| - all the paper work is okay
| - all the proper fees have been paid
| - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
| card are proper
|
| - The problem is:
| - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
| of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
| ->> because they did not get to it in time.
|
| - on May 13, 2008
| - if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
| 12, 2008
| - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
| our home and it's contents
| = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
| EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|
| - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
| citizen of America cannot be put in a bad position, and then be held
| accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
|

| All hands on deck, I need help with this!

How could you get so lucky

Wipe your Ass on the letters they send you

Send them to Jorge Boosh

Hope they keep their word and kick you out of their Multicultural
******** for good

--
Davey Crockett
-

Kurgan Gringioni
May 1st 08, 08:14 AM
On Apr 30, 8:36*pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
> I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> I need an Immagation Lawyer
> * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> card are proper
>
> * * - The problem is:
> * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> 12, 2008
> * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> our home and it's contents
> * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>
> All hands on deck, I need help with this!
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Bickmore
> 1405 S. Vaughn Circle
> Aurora, CO 80012
> 303-695-6467

Dumbass -

This is a serious piece of advice: donate a decent amount of money to
your local congressman/senator. Then ask for their help.

If you don't have the cash, get at least 20 people to write the local
congressman, telling he/she of your plight. They have the ability to
fix these types of things.

All my aunts and uncles are immigrants. It worked out, but it works if
you go to the right places.

good luck,

K. Gringioni.

May 1st 08, 08:29 AM
On May 1, 12:14*am, Kurgan Gringioni > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 8:36*pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
>

> > I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> > * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> > I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> > I need an Immagation Lawyer
> > * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> > * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> > * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> > * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> > card are proper
>
> > * * - The problem is:
> > * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> > of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> > * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> > * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> > * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> > 12, 2008
> > * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> > our home and it's contents
> > * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> > EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> > * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> > citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> > accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>
> > All hands on deck, I need help with this!
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > John Bickmore
> > 1405 S. Vaughn Circle
> > Aurora, CO 80012
> > 303-695-6467
>
> Dumbass -
>
> This is a serious piece of advice: donate a decent amount of money to
> your local congressman/senator. Then ask for their help.
>
> If you don't have the cash, get at least 20 people to write the local
> congressman, telling he/she of your plight. They have the ability to
> fix these types of things.
>
> All my aunts and uncles are immigrants. It worked out, but it works if
> you go to the right places.

Seriously, you don't need to donate any money.
This is the right way to go. All congresscritters have
a constituent services office that deals with
bureaucratic ****ups. I am sure much of what they
get is the local crazies complaining about zoning
regulations; it's probably a relief when they get a real
problem.

Also, by the way, you need an immigration lawyer.
I don't have any tips for finding a good one; though
if you live in a town with a decent sized university,
their international students office can probably
recommend one.

Finally, do you know someone with connections
to anyone at your local paper? Get a reporter to
write a human interest story about how a bureaucratic
****up is splitting a family, and so on and so forth.
You're good copy, and reporters need good copy.
Embarrassing I.C.E. is the way to get results. They
don't give a damn about merely doing the right thing.

Ben

Robert Chung
May 1st 08, 08:38 AM
Aurora Colorado? Let's hope his congresscritter isn't Tancredo. That
guy isn't too keen on immigrants.

SLAVE of THE STATE
May 1st 08, 05:13 PM
On Apr 30, 8:36*pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
> I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> I need an Immagation Lawyer
> * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> card are proper
>
> * * - The problem is:
> * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> 12, 2008
> * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> our home and it's contents
> * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Hey you crazy citizen! Don't you know that the only reason for
guvmint ****ups is underfunding? This problem can be easily solved by
bigger bureaucracies and more laws. IOW, all any of us need to do pay
higher taxes and grow the guvmint.

So in a way, this is all my fault. Therefore, I should be the one to
pay for your Immagation Lawyer.

> * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.

No.

Scott
May 1st 08, 09:11 PM
On Apr 30, 9:36*pm, "xzzy" > wrote:
> I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> I need an Immagation Lawyer
> * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> card are proper
>
> * * - The problem is:
> * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> 12, 2008
> * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> our home and it's contents
> * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>
> All hands on deck, I need help with this!
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Bickmore
> 1405 S. Vaughn Circle
> Aurora, CO 80012
> 303-695-6467

John, I'm not sure I'm following you. You say you were born on a US
Army base in the US. But, were you the child of citizens of some
other country? I only ask because if your parents were US citizens,
then the fact that you were born on an Army base is irrelevant. If
you're a citizen, you're a citizen. They can't make YOU leave no
matter what your wife's status is, and your children are citizens,
too, so long as YOU are a citizen, assuming they were born in the US.

Of course, you could just tell 'em you messed up in the original
application and your wife is actually Mexican.

Tom Kunich
May 1st 08, 09:24 PM
"Scott" > wrote in message

> John, I'm not sure I'm following you. You say you were born on a US
> Army base in the US. But, were you the child of citizens of some
> other country?

If he was born on a US Army base meaning in this country then he is
automatically a US citizen. If he were born of US citizens in any other
country he would be a US citizen.

Scott
May 1st 08, 11:12 PM
On May 1, 2:24*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Scott" > wrote in message

> > John, I'm not sure I'm following you. *You say you were born on a US
> > Army base in the US. *But, were you the child of citizens of some
> > other country?
>
> If he was born on a US Army base meaning in this country then he is
> automatically a US citizen. If he were born of US citizens in any other
> country he would be a US citizen.

Not necessarily. If he were born to parents of another nationality
who were in the US illegally, then he would not necessarily be a
citizen. That particular issue is still in limbo before the courts.

It's probably not relevant, of course, because I'm pretty positive
that John is a US citizen, but that didn't stop you from nitpicking
about it.

The real point of my message, the one you conveniently ignored because
not even you could find something to argue about, was that the
government can't force HIM to leave if HE is a citizen.

Tom Kunich
May 1st 08, 11:20 PM
"Scott" > wrote in message
> If he were born to parents of another nationality
> who were in the US illegally, then he would not necessarily be a
> citizen. That particular issue is still in limbo before the courts.

Sorry but you are incorrect. Any child born in the USA to legal or illegal
parents is a US citizen by birthright. The case before the courts has to do
with whether or not you can throw the parents out of the country after the
child is born.

> The real point of my message, the one you conveniently ignored because
> not even you could find something to argue about, was that the
> government can't force HIM to leave if HE is a citizen.

And you seem to be unaware that John appears to be saying that he isn't
going to stay here with his wife somewhere else.

Scott
May 1st 08, 11:23 PM
On May 1, 4:20*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Scott" > wrote in message

> > *If he were born to parents of another nationality
> > who were in the US illegally, then he would not necessarily be a
> > citizen. *That particular issue is still in limbo before the courts.
>
> Sorry but you are incorrect. Any child born in the USA to legal or illegal
> parents is a US citizen by birthright. The case before the courts has to do
> with whether or not you can throw the parents out of the country after the
> child is born.
>
> > The real point of my message, the one you conveniently ignored because
> > not even you could find something to argue about, was that the
> > government can't force HIM to leave if HE is a citizen.
>
> And you seem to be unaware that John appears to be saying that he isn't
> going to stay here with his wife somewhere else.

No, I didn't miss that point at all.

May 1st 08, 11:23 PM
On May 1, 1:11 pm, Scott > wrote:

> John, I'm not sure I'm following you. You say you were born on a US
> Army base in the US. But, were you the child of citizens of some
> other country? I only ask because if your parents were US citizens,
> then the fact that you were born on an Army base is irrelevant. If
> you're a citizen, you're a citizen. They can't make YOU leave no
> matter what your wife's status is, and your children are citizens,
> too, so long as YOU are a citizen, assuming they were born in the US.

I think the original army base comment was just
John trying to emphasize his patriotic bona fides.

Of course they can't deport him. And if he's a
citizen, his children are citizens, whether they
were born in the US or not. But what does
that matter if they deport his wife? In today's
society, it's not considered normal to just wave
goodbye to your wife or mother as she's deported,
so as a practical matter he and the kids would
have to try to emigrate to Canadia.

> Of course, you could just tell 'em you messed up in the original
> application and your wife is actually Mexican.

Dream on. If you and your friends haven't had to
deal with the walking screwup that is ICE, be happy.
They are entirely capable of penalizing you for
trying to do the right thing.

Ben

SLAVE of THE STATE
May 1st 08, 11:45 PM
On May 1, 3:23*pm, " >
wrote:

> I think the original army base comment was just
> John trying to emphasize his patriotic bona fides.

You are probably correct.

Can you post a link to the www.schwartzsoft.com page where you are
getting all these interpreters? Both myself and Amit could use them.

Tom Kunich
May 2nd 08, 12:42 AM
"Scott" > wrote in message
On May 1, 4:20 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > And you seem to be unaware that John appears to be saying that he isn't
> > going to stay here with his wife somewhere else.
>
> No, I didn't miss that point at all.

Ahh, then all of that printing suggesting that JOHN doesn't have to go meant
exactly what?

Robert Chung
May 2nd 08, 04:54 AM
On May 1, 3:23 pm, " >
wrote:
> And if he's a
> citizen, his children are citizens, whether they
> were born in the US or not.

This is not true. If a child was born outside of the US then the
father's marital status at the time of the child's birth, and his
residency status prior to the birth, determines whether the child is a
US citizen.

Robert Chung
May 2nd 08, 05:28 AM
On May 1, 8:54 pm, Robert Chung > wrote:
> On May 1, 3:23 pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > And if he's a
> > citizen, his children are citizens, whether they
> > were born in the US or not.
>
> This is not true. If a child was born outside of the US then the
> father's marital status at the time of the child's birth, and his
> residency status prior to the birth, determines whether the child is a
> US citizen.

The bottom line is, Bickmore needs both a lawyer and some leverage,
and I'm not sure he's going to find either one here in rbr.

Scott
May 2nd 08, 05:33 AM
On May 1, 5:42*pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Scott" > wrote in message

> On May 1, 4:20 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > > And you seem to be unaware that John appears to be saying that he isn't
> > > going to stay here with his wife somewhere else.
>
> > No, I didn't miss that point at all.
>
> Ahh, then all of that printing suggesting that JOHN doesn't have to go meant
> exactly what?

Surely someone of your massive intellect can tell the difference
between deciding to go because his wife was deported vs. having the
govt. ordering HIM to go??? When I said the govt. couldn't order him
to go, I meant just that. Only you would think for a minute that it
meant anything other than that. Of course he'll go with his wife/
kids.

May 2nd 08, 06:15 AM
On May 1, 8:54*pm, Robert Chung > wrote:
> On May 1, 3:23 pm, " >
> wrote:
>
> > And if he's a
> > citizen, his children are citizens, whether they
> > were born in the US or not.
>
> This is not true. If a child was born outside of the US then the
> father's marital status at the time of the child's birth, and his
> residency status prior to the birth, determines whether the child is a
> US citizen.

You are correct that I assumed too much. On reading the
current law (since 1986) it appears that it depends on
how many years the U.S. citizen parent has lived in the U.S.
before the child's birth (I suspect that Bickmore meets
the requirement). I didn't see where marital status
entered into it, but you're likely much more familiar
with this law than I am.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001401----000-..html

I agree that he needs expert intervention which RBR
doesn't provide, although there has been some decent
advice in the thread.

Ben

Howard Kveck
May 2nd 08, 07:55 AM
In article >,
"xzzy" > wrote:

> I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>

> I need an Immagation Lawyer
> - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> - all the paper work is okay
> - all the proper fees have been paid
> - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> card are proper
>
> - The problem is:
> - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> ->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> - on May 13, 2008
> - if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> 12, 2008
> - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> our home and it's contents
> = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> citizen of America cannot be put in a bad position, and then be held
> accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>

> All hands on deck, I need help with this!

John, I think Henry and Ben are correct with the advice to get in touch with the
office of your local Representative and Senators. I don't know if donating money will
help but I think it's crucial that you get in touch with the offices of these people
and be sure to make it clear to the staffers you'll be dealing with at the start just
how big this is to you and your family. And having a decent immigration lawyer who
has knowledge of the process will also be a great step. Admittedly you don't have a
lot of time to spare but hopefully trying these steps will resolve the issue.

Best regards on your efforts.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

May 2nd 08, 01:48 PM
On May 2, 1:55*am, Howard Kveck > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *"xzzy" > wrote:
> > I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> > * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> > I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> > I need an Immagation Lawyer
> > * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> > * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> > * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> > * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> > card are proper
>
> > * * - The problem is:
> > * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> > of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> > * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> > * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> > * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> > 12, 2008
> > * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> > our home and it's contents
> > * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> > EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> > * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> > citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> > accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>
> > All hands on deck, I need help with this!
>
> * *John, I think Henry and Ben are correct with the advice to get in touch with the
> office of your local Representative and Senators. I don't know if donating money will
> help but I think it's crucial that you get in touch with the offices of these people
> and be sure to make it clear to the staffers you'll be dealing with at the start just
> how big this is to you and your family. And having a decent immigration lawyer who
> has knowledge of the process will also be a great step. Admittedly you don't have a
> lot of time to spare but hopefully trying these steps will resolve the issue.
>
> * *Best regards on your efforts.

There are a lot of students at UT Austin (huge Texas state U) who are
not USA citizens. I've talked to a few of them IRT their "immigration
status" to use a description.

It can be a nightmare. The various agencies can blow it out their
wazoo like it don't matter, but the applicant bears the brunt.
Excruciatingly long process that can derail for the lack of interest
(or worse) of someone in an office somewhere, then you _start over_.

One suggestion is to tap into a local University if possible for any/
all help, including getting others to write those letters to congress
on your behalf. Good luck! --D-y

Bill C
May 2nd 08, 02:09 PM
On May 2, 2:55*am, Howard Kveck > wrote:

> * *John, I think Henry and Ben are correct with the advice to get in touch with the
> office of your local Representative and Senators. I don't know if donating money will
> help but I think it's crucial that you get in touch with the offices of these people
> and be sure to make it clear to the staffers you'll be dealing with at the start just
> how big this is to you and your family. And having a decent immigration lawyer who
> has knowledge of the process will also be a great step. Admittedly you don't have a
> lot of time to spare but hopefully trying these steps will resolve the issue.
>
> * *Best regards on your efforts.
>
> --
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * Whatever happened to
> * * * * * * * * * * * * Leon Trotsky?
> * * * * * * * * * * * * He got an icepick
> * * * * * * * * * * * * That made his ears burn.
>
> * * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Howard we've had a couple of cases here locally like this, but had
much less working in the people's favor and our politicians got it
fixed.
These are some folks who'd have info to help him:
This one is a State Senator but really active on this stuff:

These are federal folks:
http://www.house.gov/neal/
http://www.house.gov/frank/
I'm pretty sure that they'd all be willing to provide advice and
connections to people who could help out with this.
For a wild stab try Ted Kennedy's office too since he's seriously in
the middle of immigration stuff, and does look out for military
connected folks.
Bill C

Bill C
May 2nd 08, 02:15 PM
On May 2, 8:48*am, " > wrote:

> There are a lot of students at UT Austin (huge Texas state U) who are
> not USA citizens. I've talked to a few of them IRT their "immigration
> status" to use a description.
>
> It can be a nightmare. The various agencies can blow it out their
> wazoo like it don't matter, but the applicant bears the brunt.
> Excruciatingly long process that can derail for the lack of interest
> (or worse) of someone in an office somewhere, then you _start over_.
>
> One suggestion is to tap into a local University if possible for any/
> all help, including getting others to write those letters to congress
> on your behalf. Good luck! * --D-y- Hide quoted text -

That's really the catch on the illegal immigration stuff isn't it.
We've got to get control of the borders, but the system is screwed
beyond FUBAR for people trying to do it legally. Amnesty screws over
the folks who tried to do it legally by rewarding illegals with what
they couldn't get.
It's SO screwed that there are tons of good people who want to come
here, work, learn, and contribute, and we need them, but they can't
because the politicians have blown it SO bad. At least we aren't alone
on this. Mexico's treatment and laws are brutal, and totally corrupt,
Canada is difficult as hell, etc...
It'd be way too smart, I guess, to build a clear, simple, rational,
fair, and open system to allow people to come here that want to
contribute.
Bill C

Donald Munro
May 2nd 08, 05:31 PM
Bill C wrote:
> That's really the catch on the illegal immigration stuff isn't it. We've
> got to get control of the borders, but the system is screwed beyond FUBAR
> for people trying to do it legally. Amnesty screws over the folks who
> tried to do it legally by rewarding illegals with what they couldn't get.
> It's SO screwed that there are tons of good people who want to come
> here, work, learn, and contribute, and we need them, but they can't
> because the politicians have blown it SO bad.

Getting a work visa (H1-B) used to be fairly easy if you have a post
graduate degree, at least back in the day when I worked in the US.

SLAVE of THE STATE
May 2nd 08, 05:42 PM
On May 2, 9:31*am, Donald Munro > wrote:

> Getting a work visa (H1-B) used to be fairly easy if you have a post
> graduate degree, at least back in the day when I worked in the US.

Come back. I need help with my pets. They are hungry need more
training time.

Donald Munro
May 2nd 08, 05:48 PM
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

> On May 2, 9:31Â*am, Donald Munro > wrote:
>
>> Getting a work visa (H1-B) used to be fairly easy if you have a post
>> graduate degree, at least back in the day when I worked in the US.
>
> Come back. I need help with my pets. They are hungry need more training
> time.

But i wanna be one of your pets so I can do more afternoon training rides.
Perhaps I can get work at an academic institution like Ben or Chung.
Presumably California would be best for year round afternoon training
rides.

May 2nd 08, 08:36 PM
On May 1, 5:36*am, "xzzy" > wrote:
> I am John Bickmore ( xzzy) and have been with this NG for many years.
> * * - Born on an Army base in the USA
>
> I need your help with the following more than I need to breathe:
>
> I need an Immagation Lawyer
> * * - my Wife is Canadian with a 2 year American Green Card
> * * * * - all the paper work is okay
> * * * * - all the proper fees have been paid
> * * * * - all the removal of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green
> card are proper
>
> * * - The problem is:
> * * * * - United States Immigration says they failed to process the removal
> of conditions for a permanent ( 10 year ) Green card
> * * * * * * *->> because they did not get to it in time.
>
> * * * * - on May 13, 2008
> * * * * * *- if United States Immigration's **** UP is not resolved by May
> 12, 2008
> * * * * * * * - Susan, and also myself and our son, will be forced to leave
> our home and it's contents
> * * * * * * * * * = LEAVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROHIBITED FROM
> EVER RETURING TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
>
> * * - This is "Double-Jeopardy" which is illegal in the USA; namely a
> citizen of America cannot be put *in a bad position, and then be held
> accountable for the outcome of being put in that bad position.
>
> All hands on deck, I need help with this!
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Bickmore
> 1405 S. Vaughn Circle
> Aurora, CO 80012
> 303-695-6467

It's been a while since I dealt with my wife's green card issues. That
was back when we lived in NYC pre-Internet so dealing with INS at that
time meant being good a standing in line. We ended up dealing with the
whole thing at the US embassy in Olso, Norway. Smooth sailing. You may
want to contact the embassy nearest her home town in Canada. They
might be easier to deal with.

They won't deport her.

Joseph

Kurgan Gringioni
May 3rd 08, 01:49 AM
On May 2, 6:09*am, Bill C > wrote:
> On May 2, 2:55*am, Howard Kveck > wrote:
>

> > * *John, I think Henry and Ben are correct with the advice to get in touch with the
> > office of your local Representative and Senators. I don't know if donating money will
> > help but I think it's crucial that you get in touch with the offices of these people
> > and be sure to make it clear to the staffers you'll be dealing with at the start just
> > how big this is to you and your family. And having a decent immigration lawyer who
> > has knowledge of the process will also be a great step. Admittedly you don't have a
> > lot of time to spare but hopefully trying these steps will resolve the issue.
>
> > * *Best regards on your efforts.
>
> > --
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * tanx,
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Howard
>
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * Whatever happened to
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * Leon Trotsky?
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * He got an icepick
> > * * * * * * * * * * * * That made his ears burn.
>
> > * * * * * * * * * * *remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

> *Howard we've had a couple of cases here locally like this, but had
> much less working in the people's favor and our politicians got it
> fixed.
> *These are some folks who'd have info to help him:
> This one is a State Senator but really active on this stuff:
>

> These are federal folks:http://www.house.gov/neal/http://www.house.gov/frank/
> *I'm pretty sure that they'd all be willing to provide advice and
> connections to people who could help out with this.
> *For a wild stab try Ted Kennedy's office too since he's seriously in
> the middle of immigration stuff, and does look out for military
> connected folks.

Dumbass -

Bickmore lives in Colorado.

He needs to try the Colorado representatives, not the Massachusetts
ones.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bret
May 3rd 08, 07:08 AM
On May 1, 1:38*am, Robert Chung > wrote:
> Aurora Colorado? Let's hope his congresscritter isn't Tancredo. That
> guy isn't too keen on immigrants.

Looks like Aurora is in the 7th congressional district. Democrat named
Ed Perlmutter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado's_7th_congressional_district

Bill C
May 3rd 08, 01:24 PM
On May 2, 8:49*pm, Kurgan Gringioni > wrote:
> On May 2, 6:09*am, Bill C > wrote:
>

> > On May 2, 2:55*am, Howard Kveck > wrote:
>
> > > * *John, I think Henry and Ben are correct with the advice to get in touch with the
> > > office of your local Representative and Senators. I don't know if donating money will
> > > help but I think it's crucial that you get in touch with the offices of these people
> > > and be sure to make it clear to the staffers you'll be dealing with at the start just
> > > how big this is to you and your family. And having a decent immigration lawyer who
> > > has knowledge of the process will also be a great step. Admittedly you don't have a
> > > lot of time to spare but hopefully trying these steps will resolve the issue.
>
> > > * *Best regards on your efforts.
>
> > > --
>
> > > * * * * * * * * * * * * Whatever happened to
> > > * * * * * * * * * * * * Leon Trotsky?
> > > * * * * * * * * * * * * He got an icepick
> > > * * * * * * * * * * * * That made his ears burn.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home