PDA

View Full Version : It's a start

Tom Crispin
May 1st 08, 07:07 PM
Greenwich Park has removed the "No Cycling" signs either side of the
two main entrances to the park.

May 1st 08, 09:49 PM
On 1 May, 19:07, Tom Crispin >
wrote:
> Greenwich Park has removed the "No Cycling" signs either side of the
> two main entrances to the park.

And I never even got to see the ones at the bottom of the hill ...

In truth, those at Blackheath Gate were offensive for aesthetic
reasons
as much as for anything else - quite strikingly inappropriate

John

Tom Crispin
May 2nd 08, 07:05 AM
On Thu, 1 May 2008 13:49:45 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>On 1 May, 19:07, Tom Crispin >
>wrote:
>> Greenwich Park has removed the "No Cycling" signs either side of the
>> two main entrances to the park.
>
>And I never even got to see the ones at the bottom of the hill ...
>
>In truth, those at Blackheath Gate were offensive for aesthetic
>reasons
>as much as for anything else - quite strikingly inappropriate

In contrast, the speed limit signs are tiny.
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limit

Paul Boyd
May 2nd 08, 07:56 AM
Tom Crispin said the following on 02/05/2008 07:05:

> In contrast, the speed limit signs are tiny.
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limit

I thought there were laid down rules regarding sizes and positioning of
these sorts of signs for them to be legal.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Doki
May 2nd 08, 10:50 AM
"Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
> Tom Crispin said the following on 02/05/2008 07:05:
>
>> In contrast, the speed limit signs are tiny.
>> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limit
>
> I thought there were laid down rules regarding sizes and positioning of
> these sorts of signs for them to be legal.

There are for road limits, but they don't apply to bikes AFAIK.

Martin Dann
May 2nd 08, 10:57 PM
Doki wrote:

> "Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
>> Tom Crispin said the following on 02/05/2008 07:05:
>>
>>> In contrast, the speed limit signs are tiny.
>>> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/limit
>>
>> I thought there were laid down rules regarding sizes and positioning
>> of these sorts of signs for them to be legal.
>
> There are for road limits, but they don't apply to bikes AFAIK.

ISTR that speed limits apply to bikes in royal parks. However IMHO
anyone doing more than 30mph on a bike in a park like Greenwich is going
too fast, especially down some of those hills.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home