PDA

View Full Version : Caption competition? (no prizes)

DavidR[_2_]
May 4th 08, 12:46 AM
Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke
http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG

There is a short piece of path shown here
http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9852s.JPG

Unfortunately it doesn't go anywhere because the side of the road I am
taking the picture from only has grass verges.

naked_draughtsman[_3_]
May 4th 08, 07:52 AM
On Sun, 04 May 2008 00:46:43 +0100, DavidR wrote:

> Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG
>
> There is a short piece of path shown here
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9852s.JPG
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't go anywhere because the side of the road I am
> taking the picture from only has grass verges.

Land in the south of England is in such short supply now that they're
building houses on cycle lanes.

Jim Price[_2_]
May 4th 08, 01:46 PM
DavidR wrote:
> Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG
>
> There is a short piece of path shown here
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9852s.JPG
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't go anywhere because the side of the road I am
> taking the picture from only has grass verges.

Ronseal fenceguard - does exactly what it says on the cyclepath.

--
JimP
"Advertising is the rattle of a stick in a swill bucket" - George Orwell

burtthebike
May 4th 08, 10:09 PM
"DavidR" > wrote in message
> Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG
>
> There is a short piece of path shown here
> http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9852s.JPG
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't go anywhere because the side of the road I am
> taking the picture from only has grass verges.

Extreme mountain bikers only.

Just zis Guy, you know?
May 4th 08, 10:36 PM
On Sun, 4 May 2008 00:46:43 +0100, "DavidR"
> said in
>:

>Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstoke
>http://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG

The council's skills transfer programme backfired when they
redeployed their arboriculture team in the signage department.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

The Luggage
May 9th 08, 01:04 PM
On 4 May, 00:46, "DavidR" > wrote:
> Seen at Sherfield on Loddon on the A33 between Reading and Basingstokehttp://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9853s2.JPG
>
> There is a short piece of path shown herehttp://www.david.eazyrider.co.uk/public/DSCN9852s.JPG
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't go anywhere because the side of the road I am
> taking the picture from only has grass verges.

Is it the other side of this?
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/May2005.htm

TL

Google