PDA

View Full Version : Secondary levers for Avid BB5 disk brakes

Robert Johnstone
May 7th 08, 09:03 PM
A question about adding secondary brake levers to a bike with disk brakes:

The bike in question is an Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Revolution
Country Explorer '08. It is fitted with Avid BB5 Road mechanical disc
brakes (http://www.sram.com/en/avid/mechanicaldiscbrakes/bb5road.php)
and Shimano Sora 3x9-speed Dual Control shifters. I'd like to added some
secondary brakes like the Tektro RL720s
(http://www.tektro.com/02products/11ql.php). Does anyone know whether
these levers are compatible with these disk brakes? If not, is there
another model that is suitable?

Thanks.

Bob

M-gineering
May 7th 08, 09:15 PM
Robert Johnstone wrote:
> A question about adding secondary brake levers to a bike with disk brakes:
>
> The bike in question is an Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Revolution
> Country Explorer '08. It is fitted with Avid BB5 Road mechanical disc
> brakes (http://www.sram.com/en/avid/mechanicaldiscbrakes/bb5road.php)
> and Shimano Sora 3x9-speed Dual Control shifters. I'd like to added some
> secondary brakes like the Tektro RL720s
> (http://www.tektro.com/02products/11ql.php). Does anyone know whether
> these levers are compatible with these disk brakes? If not, is there
> another model that is suitable?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob

I'd say the in-line levers pull about as much cable as the Sora's

--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

Robert Johnstone
May 7th 08, 09:28 PM
M-gineering wrote:
> I'd say the in-line levers pull about as much cable as the Sora's

Thanks, Marten. That's my hunch too. If it were my bike I'd just buy the
levers and give it a go. As it is someone else's, I'd like to be a bit
more certain!

Rob

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home