PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

Nigel Randell[_2_]
May 7th 08, 10:08 PM
This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC
folks I ride with, but I'm pleased with it - especially as it took me until
the first week in July to get to the same mileage last year.

Next big challenge is this coming Saturday - first 300km audax (Alfreton to
Skegness).

--

Nigel

Martin Dann
May 7th 08, 10:16 PM
Nigel Randell wrote:
> This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
> it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC
> folks I ride with, but I'm pleased with it - especially as it took me until
> the first week in July to get to the same mileage last year.

Congrats. Although I don't measure my distance accurately, I am still
only at about 800 miles. (Only commuting at the mo., 17 miles a day
since mid Feb.)

> Next big challenge is this coming Saturday - first 300km audax (Alfreton to
> Skegness).

Dylan Smith
May 8th 08, 04:54 PM
On 2008-05-07, Nigel Randell > wrote:
> This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
> it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC

Well, you've done better than me - by the time I get home from work only
125 miles this year (all done in the last 5 working days).

--
From the sunny Isle of Man.

terryJ
May 9th 08, 12:50 PM
Dylan Smith wrote:
> On 2008-05-07, Nigel Randell > wrote:
>> This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
>> it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC
>
> Well, you've done better than me - by the time I get home from work only
> 125 miles this year (all done in the last 5 working days).

Have a nice time on saturday, it should be warm , dry, and not windy.Of
course we expect you to do it on your fixed.
I prefer to estimate my annual milage.It's better for morale.
Terry J

Roger Merriman
May 9th 08, 02:02 PM
terryJ > wrote:

> Dylan Smith wrote:
> > On 2008-05-07, Nigel Randell > wrote:
> >> This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know
> >> that it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the
> >> AUKs and CTC
> >
> > Well, you've done better than me - by the time I get home from work only
> > 125 miles this year (all done in the last 5 working days).
> >

> Have a nice time on saturday, it should be warm , dry, and not windy.Of
> course we expect you to do it on your fixed.
> I prefer to estimate my annual milage.It's better for morale.
> Terry J

to be honest i haven't a clue as to my milage every now and then i get a
free weekend and it might be a good day for a ride milage varies wildly
though as i mtb as well.

i work in differnt areas sometimes on bike sometimes not. quite often
can't be assed to park in kingston etc so roll down on bike.

one thing is clear is i don't use the car as much, living in edge of
london as i did on the edge of the beacons. as a bike can get to places
with less fuss most of the time. may not be faster, but is a cheaper
simpler way.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Nigel Randell[_2_]
May 13th 08, 10:35 PM
terryJ wrote:
> Dylan Smith wrote:
>> On 2008-05-07, Nigel Randell > wrote:
>>> This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I
>>> know that it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some
>>> of the AUKs and CTC
>>
>> Well, you've done better than me - by the time I get home from work
>> only 125 miles this year (all done in the last 5 working days).
>>

> Have a nice time on saturday, it should be warm , dry, and not
> windy.Of course we expect you to do it on your fixed.
> I prefer to estimate my annual milage.It's better for morale.
> Terry J

The conditions were all of those things, a marked contrast to the last
couple of audaxes. The fixed stayed firmly in the garage on Saturday - the
full range of gears on the regular bike were used.

--

Nigel

Steph Peters
May 14th 08, 01:02 AM
"Nigel Randell" > of wrote:

>This evening's ride brings up 1000 miles for the year so far. I know that
>it's small beer compared with the mileage put in by some of the AUKs and CTC
>folks I ride with, but I'm pleased with it - especially as it took me until
>the first week in July to get to the same mileage last year.
Good for you. I was very pleased to see my spread sheet total up over 1000
about two weeks ago.

>Next big challenge is this coming Saturday - first 300km audax (Alfreton to
>Skegness).
I haven't even done a 100km ride this year. Longest so far was 52 miles in
the heat last Sunday. About time I did though, if I'm going to achieve my
(sorta maybe wobbly) target for the year of the Manchester 100, but miles
this time, not km like the previous time.

--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

dkahn400
May 14th 08, 11:16 AM
On May 14, 1:02*am, Steph Peters
> wrote:

> *About time I did though, if I'm going to achieve my
> (sorta maybe wobbly) target for the year of the Manchester 100, but miles
> this time, not km like the previous time.

Go for it, Steph!

--
Dave...

Steph Peters
May 14th 08, 11:33 PM
dkahn400 > of http://groups.google.com wrote:

>On May 14, 1:02*am, Steph Peters
> wrote:
>
>> *About time I did though, if I'm going to achieve my
>> (sorta maybe wobbly) target for the year of the Manchester 100, but miles
>> this time, not km like the previous time.
>
>Go for it, Steph!

Have found a companion who cycles at my pace, and wants to do the 100 miles
as part of her preparation for a long cycling trip through New Zealand,
Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia and other places. So the likelihood
of achieving 100 miles has gone up a bit. Did 50 miles on Sunday on a group
ride, and after delivering an exhausted novice home sprinted a further 2
miles back home, which isn't a bad basis in May for the ride in September.

And I'm extremely jealous of the planned trip.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group
Monthly slow and easy rides from South Manchester
http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/cycling/chwan.htm

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home