PDA

View Full Version : Re: high GAS price = commute on Coker?

Chexjc
May 13th 08, 02:42 PM
rob.northcott wrote:
> $3.85 = £1.98 a (presumably US) gallon.
> We're paying about £1.05 (if we're lucky) a litre.
> 1 US gallon = 3.78 litres.
> So, £3.97 a US gallon.
> Or *$7.73 a gallon*.
>
> Stop moaning ;)
>
> Sorry for the off-topic post.
>
> Rob

:eek: I bet your automobiles get better gas mileage on average though
;)

Haha, you're right though. I have nothing to complain about. Plus, the
fact that we have such gas-guzzling cars is nothing I am proud of.

--
Chexjc

aim: guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jasoncheckla

'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)

evil-nick
May 13th 08, 03:16 PM
Chexjc wrote:
> :eek: I bet your automobiles get better gas mileage on average though
> ;)
>
> Haha, you're right though. I have nothing to complain about. Plus, the
> fact that we have such gas-guzzling cars is nothing I am proud of.

That's why I drive a Civic ;) Uniing more would be great, but with a
son now (yes, I AM going to mention this in every post I make for the
forseeable future ;)) it's not practical.

Slight threadjack, has anyone started eco-modding their cars? I joined
ecomodder.com's forums, and we're looking at bettering the aerodynamics
on the civic to up mileage, family being scattered across the continent
and all. One guy has a '92 Civic that gets 90+ mpg... non-hybrid!

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/

johnfoss
May 13th 08, 08:12 PM
evil-nick wrote:
> One guy has a '92 Civic that gets 90+ mpg... non-hybrid!

Sounds like he's measuring it all downhill. :) I wonder if he's using
the same measuring metrics the EPA uses? They give numbers that are
higher than you can get in real-world driving. Consumers Union has been
on their case for years to revamp their system for today's driving
speeds and styles (they still max out at 55 mph for highway mileage).

I'm not moaning, but higher prices are higher prices for everybody,
making proportionally similar dents in our finances.

I used to commute 8 miles each way (though not frequently enough). It's
a great way to wake up in the morning! I highly recommend it. If you
get sweaty, you can either bring a bunch of clothes to work in a
backpack, or once in a while drive and replenish your supply of work
clothes.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"

einrad101
June 12th 08, 10:12 PM
yeah man you can do! i ride about 3 miles everyday on my 20, and it
takes me somewhere between about 40-50 mintues. I am sure 2 miles on a
coker will not be to bad, and a lot faster, 20-30 minutes?
i just got mine today and i love it!!!!!!!!! It is how i am going to
be commuting to from my house to my colleges classes next semester.

--
einrad101

People who pass me tell me that I am crazy.....
I just tell them that I am a uniatic :)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home