PDA

View Full Version : ignorant cyclist

gary2006uk
May 13th 08, 10:02 PM
i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
wales,its part of the national cycle network.lon eifion.im a cyclist
myself but was shocked today by the behaviour of a cyclist.he was
cycling very fast and shouting at people to get out of his way,he
swore at 2 persons,get out of my f.....g way!!!!!!.horrified.he was
dressed imaculately lkike the pictures in cycling
magazines,sunglasses,small rucksack,water carrier.if id had my bike id
have chased him and clobbered him.id like to see him being nasty on a
main road,and get his come upance.he should have known that you have
to give way to pedrestians,unless he didnt bother checking the
information and the law.im glad i met other cyclists who cycled slower
and shouted hello while passing and saying thank you when i moved to
let them pass.im a road cyclist myself.pity i didnt have my racing
bike to catch him,his bike would never match mine for speed,but that
would have meant that i would have had to ride dangerously.i hope this
is a rare occurence.nasy people are bad enough off bikes.never in 40
years of cycling have i experienced this.if he is like that on the
road,unless hes too chicken to ride on the road.people ride bikes to
enjoy themselves.very sad.id reccommend banning him from cycle
tracks.a real b......d.
gareth

OG
May 13th 08, 11:05 PM
"gary2006uk" > wrote in message
>i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north

Another troll I suspect.

Fr Jack
May 13th 08, 11:57 PM
"OG" > wrote:

>"gary2006uk" > wrote in message
>>i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
>
>Another troll I suspect.

I couldn't tell... What he wrote looks like English, but not any kind
of English used on this planet... :-/
--

Fr. Jack

The ex(un)civil servant

Paul Boyd
May 14th 08, 09:45 AM
gary2006uk said the following on 13/05/2008 22:02:
> i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
> wales,its part of the national cycle network.lon eifion.im a cyclist
> myself but was shocked today by the behaviour of a cyclist.he was
> cycling very fast and shouting at people to get out of his way

I know that path, and there is no way anyone should be using it to ride
fast along - too many peds and too many twisty bits. That type of
behaviour gives all cyclists a bad name, and from your description he
sounds like one of those "all the gear but no idea" cyclists, and will
be too scared to ride the perfectly good roads nearby. A stick in the
spokes may have slowed his progress somewhat ;-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Mark T[_2_]
May 14th 08, 11:24 AM
OG writtificated

> Another troll I suspect.

Just a chap with a dodgy space bar and a broken shift key.

Always surprised that someone can be that rude on a bicycle. Still,
someone that impatient will no doubt undertake a left turning bus before
too long.

Barb
May 14th 08, 12:03 PM
"Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
> gary2006uk said the following on 13/05/2008 22:02:
>> i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
>> wales,its part of the national cycle network.lon eifion.im a cyclist
>> myself but was shocked today by the behaviour of a cyclist.he was
>> cycling very fast and shouting at people to get out of his way
>
> I know that path, and there is no way anyone should be using it to ride
> fast along - too many peds and too many twisty bits. That type of
> behaviour gives all cyclists a bad name, and from your description he
> sounds like one of those "all the gear but no idea" cyclists, and will be
> too scared to ride the perfectly good roads nearby. A stick in the spokes
> may have slowed his progress somewhat ;-)
>
> --
> Paul Boyd
> http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Maybe his brakes had failed??? ;-)

Barb

Jon
May 14th 08, 02:40 PM
On 14 May, 09:45, Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:
> gary2006uk said the following on 13/05/2008 22:02:
>
> > i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
> > wales,its part of the national cycle network.
>
> I know that path, and there is no way anyone should be using it to ride
> fast along - too many peds and too many twisty bits. *

> from your description he sounds too scared to ride the perfectly good roads nearby. *

Clearly a hooligan.

However all this demonstrates the absurdity of routes which are
clearly inferior to the normal roads for cycling (apart from slow
leisure pottering) being called a 'National Cycle Network'.

Mike the unimaginative[_4_]
May 15th 08, 08:46 PM
gary2006uk > wrote in news:692ba06e-0f5e-43d4-
:

> i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
> wales
snip

There are ignorant cyclists
There are ignorant pedestrians
There are ignorant car drivers
There are ignorant bus drivers
There are ignorant pilots
There are ignorant mule-train drivers
There are ignorant welshmen
There are ignorant englishmen
There are ignorant scotswomen
There are ignorant belgians
There are ignorant south-sea islanders (probably)

There are ignorant people - get used to the idea!

gary2006uk
May 15th 08, 09:57 PM
On 13 May, 23:57, Fr Jack > wrote:
> "OG" > wrote:
>
> >"gary2006uk" > wrote in message
> >>i was walking along my local cycle track outside caernarfon north
>
> >Another troll I suspect.
>
> I couldn't tell... What he wrote looks like English, but not any kind
> of English used on this planet... :-/
> --
>
> Fr. Jack
>
> The ex(un)civil servant

oxford english,but typing with a mixture of scottish and welsh
accent.hope you can read this.
gareth

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home