PDA

View Full Version : Re: NiteRider Tire availability

benwitt11
May 14th 08, 08:10 PM
I own a bike shop. Wheels and framesets are built here in Faribault. I
build the wheels, and a local frame builder builds the frames for us.
Due to the high cost, we have not built any for customers yet, though
it is rather easily done. I'm not here to try and sell them, just to
give credit to the help I've received here, and to show the progress of
the bikes. There has been a lot of talk on other forums about spamming
boards and the like. Please know that's not my intention here. Thanks
for the comments.

--
benwitt11

rob.northcott
May 14th 08, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the update Ben. They look really cool - I like the way
you've managed to cram the wheels into a reasonably sensible wheelbase.
Bizarre looking things though! They'd look good with a curved
downtube like some of the old SWB racing frames (like 'this one'
(http://tinyurl.com/6ly4v9)) - probably much harder to build like that
though.

Rob

--
rob.northcott

benwitt11
May 14th 08, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the curved tubes would be nice, but having them bent is rather
expencive. I It requires a very specific tubing bender, and it's hard
to have done properly. The bikes have about as short of a wheelbase as
I figure is possible with these wheels. Both are right about 46.5"s.
That makes them about 2" longer than my 19" 29er MTB, not bad at all.

--
benwitt11

mscalisi
May 14th 08, 08:50 PM
I noticed that you seemed very intentional about your lack of
self-promotion.

This board is a little more tolorant of relevant "spam", meaning
products we're actually interested in.

There are so few unicycle specific shops and products that we actually
appreciate knowing what's out there and where to get it. Even though
your freakin' awesome bike isn't a unicycle, it is (obviously) of
interest to those of us who have come to love all things 36er

--
mscalisi

><> Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha <><

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home