PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Ultimate Touring Unicycle? Nearly!

chuckaeronut
May 14th 08, 11:26 PM
This may be a stupid question, but are you sure there are no steel or
otherwise rustable parts that the water may corrode? Or... is it all
plastic-lined inside the hose? The thought of using water sounds great!
:)

And... re: the prices, I'll do my best! Thanks.

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work, work to eat, eat to live, live to uni. :)

semach.the.monkey
May 14th 08, 11:30 PM
chuckaeronut wrote:
> This may be a stupid question, but are you sure there are no steel or
> otherwise rustable parts that the water may corrode? Or... is it all
> plastic-lined inside the hose? The thought of using water sounds great!
> :)

In all honesty - I'm not sure. However, I've read several threads in
here (cba to search now though) that say trials riders swear by water,
and lots of links to trials riders forums to back it up. It may be
that in a couple of years time I'll be eating my words (or tarmac) but
I'm prepared to give it a go.

STM

--
semach.the.monkey

Denali
May 14th 08, 11:43 PM
Looks awesome!

After looking at all the types of trips I want to do, I've realized
that I want a geared 20", 24", 29" and 36". I have 3 non-geared uni now
but for the 29" geared the one you have would be the way to go (except
I prefer not having a brake and this might change once a ride more with
a geared hub).
Sweet!

--
Denali

GizmoDuck
May 14th 08, 11:46 PM
Hmm....nice Uni STM! I have one just like it.

I spoke to Dmitry at the time about making a Ti handle. It's doable, I
just didnt' get around to emailing him the specs. I would have made a
lower down handle than the T-7, but if Triton was still producing it
would have been easy to do a few runs once I've perfected the handle I
was happy with. I spoke to him about seat-bases too...but the thing is
that Ti probably won't work any better than other materials for flat
objects.

The only thing I'd change is the MG-1s. It's the lightest platform
pedal out there, but I hate them. It feels like your standing on
nothing. Gimme my Snafus anyday!

Good to see the carpet matching the curtains.

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.

innes
May 15th 08, 12:01 AM
Nice Uni.

That has to be the most customised unicycle I have seen on the forum.
It would be worth getting a custom T7 made for it, with a set up like
that you could justify the price I think.

Good luck with RTL.

Innes

--
innes

legtod2
May 15th 08, 12:28 AM
In my humble opinion, you have "The dream unicycle" (Frame, hub, rim,
and brakes). Best of all it's a 29".

If I were to start from scratch and say money is no object that would
be it except id change (tire, seat, pedals)

Nano Rapture tire
KH Fusion freeride seat
Snafu pedals
Vetta cyclometer computer

You are a lucky person. Its definately a keeper.

--
legtod2

Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
my inspiration in life.

skilewis74
May 15th 08, 12:39 AM
:cool:

GizmoDuck wrote:
> ...The only thing I'd change is the MG-1s. It's the lightest platform
> pedal out there, but I hate them. It feels like your standing on
> nothing. Gimme my Snafus anyday!

Why not put in some longer pins? I've had to do that on all of my
pedals.

Wah Wah - My next pedal.
Low profile and light 478 g, $79 MSRP.
[image:
http://www.sicklines.com/review/kona_wah_wah_pedal/kona_wah_wah_pedals_news_post.jpg]

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

lpounds
May 15th 08, 12:40 AM
Loving the 29er Semach. I'd have to say this is pretty close to the
ultimate touring machine for me as well.

The only thing that might make the uni more practical/lighter for me,
would be a handle that mounts on the four bolts under the seat.
Something like Corbin's set-up (not sure if his mounts there, but it is
definetely more practical in terms of the amount of metal used.)

Sweeeeeet build!

--
lpounds

'Levi' (http://tinyurl.com/6l5fmr)