PDA

View Full Version : Re: Help New To Uni

feel the light
May 15th 08, 06:00 AM
Skil posted while I was writing.

Maybe you might break a square hub going off a curb. I have my doubts,
but I'm only 185.

No one questions the superiority of splined gear if you want to jump,
and spend above 300 $.

I would say an lx or ax is an excellent choice. Maybe next year you
will have learned all the basics, and want a trials or muni. Buy one
then. Even if your square uni hub breaks (possible but unlikely if you
don't hop much), new square hub parts are cheap.

Basically, I would say a splined hub is overkill on a starter 20, or
any street only commuter. It's always nice to buy fine gear if you can
afford it. The KH's are worth every penny. But I would get a AX if I
was you. They are almost free. Less then the cost of 2 sets of splined
cranks.

--
feel the light

Google