PDA

View Full Version : Re: Most important part/parts of Trial riding?

Adder172
May 15th 08, 06:27 PM
harper wrote:
> Clothing, hands down. How you look is much more important than your
> physical capabilities.

i disagree, i believe that you skill/determination to get skill is far
more important than look.

--
Adder172

uni-life

maestro8
May 15th 08, 07:00 PM
Finally, eight replies in, and someone gives some solid advice!

Adder is right: trials takes lots of determination.

We've seen many riders with many styles... seat in, seat out, hops
left, hops right, dominant foot forward or back. It just goes to prove
there is no one way to ride.

What goes unspoken are the hundreds of hours of practice that makes for
a great rider. The dozens of failures on the most basic trials lines
that lead to the ultimate success.

To reiterate Adder's post, a trials rider must be determined: keep
attacking your lines until you conquer them. Keep riding the lines
you've conquered them until you've mastered them. Can you ride them
backwards? Seat in and seat out?

The second most important part of trials is an open mind. Don't let
failure convince you that you can't do something. Don't think you've
tried every way to get across a line. Sometimes a day or two of rest
is all you need... maybe you'll figure out the line in your sleep, and
clean it the next time you try!

My first trials line was the curb on the edge of the sidewalk. Hop up,
ride along the edge for 10 feet, hop down. It's a line I ride every
day I'm on my unicycle... it never gets old.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity is to
contemplate the extent of human stupidity. -- François-Marie Arouet de
Voltaire

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home