PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists Dismount

Tom Crispin
May 15th 08, 07:06 PM
For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

Mike the unimaginative[_4_]
May 15th 08, 08:39 PM
Tom Crispin > wrote in
:

> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

I normally assume that these signs are information for non-cyclists, in
this case I'm less sure.

wafflycat
May 15th 08, 08:47 PM
"Mike the unimaginative" > wrote in message
> Tom Crispin > wrote in
> :
>
>> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1
>>

> I normally assume that these signs are information for non-cyclists, in
> this case I'm less sure.

You'd be okay if you had one of these

http://www.waterbicycle.com/images/jamaica.jpg

TimB
May 15th 08, 09:25 PM
On May 15, 7:06 pm, Tom Crispin
> wrote:
> For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

Well, it's obviously a wheel-bender rack, why would you want to sit on
a parked bike?

Rob Morley
May 15th 08, 11:20 PM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 19:06:58 +0100
Tom Crispin > wrote:

> For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/220409129_f01a4ea168_b.jpg

Just zis Guy, you know?
May 16th 08, 03:11 AM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 19:06:58 +0100, Tom Crispin
> said in
>:

>For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
>www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

I can see that from my office window. At least I assume I can,
since my office window is clearly visible in the picture...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

May 16th 08, 04:02 AM
On May 16, 11:11 am, "Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote:
> On Thu, 15 May 2008 19:06:58 +0100, Tom Crispin
> > said in
> >:
>
> >For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
> >www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1
>
> I can see that from my office window. At least I assume I can,
> since my office window is clearly visible in the picture...

But do you ever see any selfish and irresponsible cyclists ignoring
the sign and riding on regardless?

:-)

James

Tom Crispin
May 16th 08, 07:34 AM
On Fri, 16 May 2008 03:11:11 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 May 2008 19:06:58 +0100, Tom Crispin
> said in
>:
>
>>For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
>>www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1
>
>I can see that from my office window. At least I assume I can,
>since my office window is clearly visible in the picture...

For the exact location see:
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/doom1
www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/doom2

POHB
May 16th 08, 08:41 AM
On 15 May, 20:47, "wafflycat" > wrote:
> "Mike the unimaginative" > wrote in ...
>
> > Tom Crispin > wrote in
> :
>
> >>www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1
>
> > I normally assume that these signs are information for non-cyclists, in
> > this case I'm less sure.
>
> You'd be okay if you had one of these
>
> http://www.waterbicycle.com/images/jamaica.jpg

Ah, that's what this is for:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/2434138521_275138c334_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/2434138923_8b76ccf2cc_o.jpg

Colin McKenzie
May 16th 08, 09:03 AM
Tom Crispin wrote:

> For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

's obvious, innit? They're going to build a bridge, and they've
started with the signs.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as

michael adams
May 16th 08, 10:02 AM
"Tom Crispin" > wrote in message

> For once the advice to dismount is sound advice.
> www.johnballcycling.org.uk/photos/misc/dismount1

Presumably the

DANGER
deep water

sign on the right, is for the benefit of anyone thinking
of wading across instead.

michael adams

naked_draughtsman[_3_]
May 16th 08, 06:36 PM
On Thu, 15 May 2008 20:47:37 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

> You'd be okay if you had one of these
>
> http://www.waterbicycle.com/images/jamaica.jpg

Putting a pneumatic tyre on those wheels would give you an amphibious
trike. Being able to take a shortcut up a river would be quite
neat.

peter

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home