PDA

View Full Version : Wheelies Direct

naked_draughtsman[_3_]
May 16th 08, 06:28 PM
Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
bikes or parts and know if they are any good?

peter

Peter Grange
May 16th 08, 06:55 PM
On Fri, 16 May 2008 12:28:41 -0500, naked_draughtsman
> wrote:

>Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
>bikes or parts and know if they are any good?
>
>peter

Not used them to actually buy stuff but they were the appointed agents
for my insurance company when my frame got bent a few years ago. Had a
lot of trouble with them. I think it was a bit outside their
experience, ie a fairly high spec frame damaged rather than a hundred
quid mountain bike nicked. I found them most unhelpful, even
obstructive.

Pete

naked_draughtsman[_3_]
May 16th 08, 08:39 PM
On Fri, 16 May 2008 17:55:03 +0000, Peter Grange wrote:

> Not used them to actually buy stuff but they were the appointed agents
> for my insurance company when my frame got bent a few years ago. Had a
> lot of trouble with them. I think it was a bit outside their
> experience, ie a fairly high spec frame damaged rather than a hundred
> quid mountain bike nicked. I found them most unhelpful, even
> obstructive.

In that case seeing as they claim to "have established Wheelies Direct
as one of the leading claims service providers for the UK insurance
industry", I'm not sure a 10% discount will be enough to lure me to them
just yet!

peter

burtthebike
May 17th 08, 05:58 AM
"naked_draughtsman" > wrote in message
> Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
> bikes or parts and know if they are any good?
>
> peter

They were used by my insurer to replace a stolen bike, and they were
completely, totally, utterly useless and incompetent. So much so that I
eventually refused to deal with them and would only deal direct with my
insurers.

Amongst many other things, they put a bottle dynamo on the L/H chain stay,
so that it fouled the crank!

Duncan Smith
May 17th 08, 08:43 PM
On May 16, 6:28 pm, naked_draughtsman >
wrote:
> Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
> bikes or parts and know if they are any good?
>
> peter

They run our cycle to work scheme so I got a Brompton through them
this year - it wasn't on their list but they sourced it OK and were
fully up to speed with the various models and options, no problems
with the bike which arrived in good time. So I'd have to say my
experience with them was a pleasant one.

Regards,

Duncan

Simon Mason[_2_]
May 18th 08, 01:47 PM
"naked_draughtsman" > wrote in message
> Has anybody ever used 'Wheelies Direct' (http://www.wheelies.co.uk) for
> bikes or parts and know if they are any good?
>
> peter

When two of my bikes were nicked, they replaced them with a £1200 Trek 1400
and a new Giant N3 shopper. Very satisfied with their service.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Google