PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ride the Lobster Teams- place your bets!

Unisykolist
May 19th 08, 08:19 AM
$50000 on the time that wins :eek: :D

sorry. :(

--
Unisykolist

Sticky Tape fixes EVERYTHING :D
Street & Trials }-360-unispin-'O,
Nimbus Trials 20" ISIS
I juggle 3 balls and do lots of tricks. I also juggle 4 for 10 secs and
learning to juggle 5!
BLUE CAP

MuniAddict
May 19th 08, 06:05 PM
Unisykolist wrote:
> $50000 on the time that wins :eek: :D
>
> sorry. :(

You have one too many zeros there!:rolleyes:

--
MuniAddict

'My videos' (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699)
My sponsors (Not -pretentious!- :):rolleyes::cool::D)_
www.uniproshop.com (\"http://www.uniproshop.com\")
_'www.sixsixone.com' (http://sixsixone.com/)
'www.twinsbikeshop.com' (http://www.twinsbikeshop.com)

chuckaeronut
May 19th 08, 07:47 PM
I'll second Mike's comment about Beau; after having ridden with him this
weekend (both coker muni and a 100k road ride), he's quite a monster
indeed, and these were apparently his first biggish rides ever on a
geared 36.

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work, work to eat, eat to live, live to uni. :)

nathan
May 19th 08, 08:01 PM
Yes we just got the geared 36 cycle working Saturday morning, so he had
ridden about 100' on it before that ride (plus about a mile on Corbin's
a few weeks ago).

Geared unicycles. Incredible. I can't believe what Chuck, Corbin and
Beau were doing this weekend offroad. And Tom and Mike were Blazing
too. But to see those guys blasting at well over 20mph on the dirt
roads we used to Muni on...it was incredible. I thought the Coker Muni
revolution we started in 2002 was a big deal, but this is more, way
more.

As for RTL, I think you guys should notice well the post a few up from
Smilymarco. I trust him when he says "Know how to use it". That means
they could be VERY hard to beat. But I know the man to try (Chuck!)

---Nathan

--
nathan

chuckaeronut
May 19th 08, 08:09 PM
@Smilymarco, regarding the German Speeders: these are the guys featured
on Schlumpf's site for doing the Dusseldorf Marathon on their geared
36ers averaging 26.6km/h?

If so, then yeah, these guys will be tough to beat. If this was a hilly
marathon and they were able to keep the average up at 26.6km/h, then
they're definitely faster than I am (and faster than any of the riding
any of us did at Strawberry Fields yesterday)... if it was a flat
marathon and they only averaged 26.6km/h, then I think Beau and Corbin
and I (as well as quite a few other geared up 36 riders) could
effectively compete with them.

btw, 26.6 is about 16.5mph, methinks, right?

--
chuckaeronut

Uni to work, work to eat, eat to live, live to uni. :)

Smilymarco
May 19th 08, 08:45 PM
chuckaeronut wrote:
> @Smilymarco, regarding the German Speeders: these are the guys featured
> on Schlumpf's site for doing the Dusseldorf Marathon on their geared
> 36ers averaging 26.6km/h?
>
> If so, then yeah, these guys will be tough to beat. If this was a hilly
> marathon and they were able to keep the average up at 26.6km/h, then
> they're definitely faster than I am (and faster than any of the riding
> any of us did at Strawberry Fields yesterday)... if it was a flat
> marathon and they only averaged 26.6km/h, then I think Beau and Corbin
> and I (as well as quite a few other geared up 36 riders) could
> effectively compete with them.
>
> btw, 26.6 is about 16.5mph, methinks, right?

I dont know the track in Düsseldorf, but were talking about the same
people.

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen -> Denken -> Posten

siafirede
May 19th 08, 09:13 PM
After the race, I will let other unicyclists try out my KH/Schlumpf
29er.

I think part of the fun of this race is going to be seeing the many
different unicycle set ups, and I am going to want to try riding a
geared 36 to see if I will want to eventually swap out my hub and put
it in a 36er. It seems that there will be a lot of geared 36ers at the
race now (maybe even more than geared 29ers).

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace

GizmoDuck
May 19th 08, 10:59 PM
chuckaeronut wrote:
> @Smilymarco, regarding the German Speeders: these are the guys featured
> on Schlumpf's site for doing the Dusseldorf Marathon on their geared
> 36ers averaging 26.6km/h?
>
> If so, then yeah, these guys will be tough to beat. If this was a hilly
> marathon and they were able to keep the average up at 26.6km/h, then
> they're definitely faster than I am (and faster than any of the riding
> any of us did at Strawberry Fields yesterday)... if it was a flat
> marathon and they only averaged 26.6km/h, then I think Beau and Corbin
> and I (as well as quite a few other geared up 36 riders) could
> effectively compete with them.
>
> btw, 26.6 is about 16.5mph, methinks, right?

What sort of average or cruising speeds were Beau and Corbin getting on
the flats? RTL is pretty flat from what I understand....I think it
will be one large drag race from start to finish.

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home