PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle site possibly not hacker safe

Jonathan Schneider
May 20th 08, 08:44 AM
I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
susceptible to some attacks.

Also they defrauded their investors.

Jon

Mark T[_2_]
May 20th 08, 01:38 PM
Jonathan Schneider writtificated

> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

I bet they sell 'Sold Secure' locks that are still susceptible to attacks
too. Disgraceful!

> Also they defrauded their investors.

This is more like it. How did they do this, and why were they not
prosecuted?

Ian Smith
May 20th 08, 01:45 PM
On Tue, 20 May, Jonathan Schneider > wrote:

> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

Gosh - you mean 99% doesn't mean 'absolutely every'. I'm so glad you
pointed that out to them. Given that the supplier doesn't claim that
sticking on their logo makes it invulnerable to everything, why do you
think Wiggle need this highlighting? Do you have a logo I can put on
my web site that will make it invulnerable to everything? Will it
also wear underpants on the outside?

> Also they defrauded their investors.

Ah. What investors? You're not an ISIS Equity Partners sock puppet,
by any chance, are you?

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

vernon[_2_]
May 20th 08, 06:39 PM
"Jonathan Schneider" > wrote in message
> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

Have you warned any other sites sporting the HackerSafe logo?

> Also they defrauded their investors.

Tell me more......

Pete Biggs
May 20th 08, 07:43 PM
Jonathan Schneider wrote:
/snip
> Also they
/snip

Wiggle could sue you for libel if you can't prove your allegation.

~PB

Tom Crispin
May 20th 08, 08:10 PM
On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:44:54 +0100, Jonathan Schneider
> wrote:

>I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
>HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
>susceptible to some attacks.
>
>Also they defrauded their investors.

Which on-line cycle retailer do you work for?

Rob Morley
May 20th 08, 08:35 PM
On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:43:28 +0100
"Pete Biggs" > wrote:

> Jonathan Schneider wrote:
> /snip
> > Also they
> /snip
>
> Wiggle could sue you for libel if you can't prove your allegation.

He's not talking about Wiggle, but I think he's rather confused: a
former VP at the company that owned Hacker Safe before McAfee bought it
has been indicted on charges of investment fraud in connection with a
different company.

Zog The Undeniable
May 20th 08, 10:19 PM
Jonathan Schneider wrote:
> I've just emailed Wiggle pointing out that although they sport a
> HackerSafe logo it has been shown that sites with it can still be
> susceptible to some attacks.

I could name another online cycle shop that were reported to their bank
by my card issuer for leaking data, probably unwittingly. Everyone who
used one of this particular issuer's cards to purchase there within a
certain period in 2006 got scammed.

I've used them since and all was OK, so I think they've tightened security.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home