PDA

View Full Version : Budapest or Bratislave to Krakow.

spindrift
May 21st 08, 08:31 AM
Anyone done this please? I know I asked before but I lost the email
address of a helpful person who had route suggestions.

Gizmo.[_5_]
May 21st 08, 01:15 PM
"spindrift" > wrote in message
> Anyone done this please? I know I asked before but I lost the email
> address of a helpful person who had route suggestions.

I haven't cycled, although I do drive extensively around Poland as part of
an ongoing project.
Aside from advising you to take plenty of puncture repair kit and a couple
of spare tubes <g> , what else were you looking for ?

Are you looking to do a direct trip from Budapest / Bratilave to Krakow, or
make detours along the way ?

Did you want to cycle over the High Tatras or around them ?

What kind of time scales are you working to ?

Found this website, any use to you ?
http://polandcycling.com

spindrift
May 21st 08, 01:30 PM
On May 21, 1:15*pm, "Gizmo." > wrote:
> "spindrift" > wrote in message

> > Anyone done this please? I know I asked before but I lost the email
> > address of a helpful person who had route suggestions.
>
> I haven't cycled, although I do drive extensively around Poland as part of
> an ongoing project.
> Aside from advising you to take plenty of puncture repair kit and a couple
> of spare tubes *<g> , what else were you looking for ?
>
> Are you looking to do a direct trip from Budapest / Bratilave to Krakow, or
> make detours along the way ?
>
> Did you want to cycle over the High Tatras or around them ?
>
> What kind of time scales are you working to ?
>
> Found this website, any use to you ?http://polandcycling.com

Thanks, summat like this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/jul/14/saturday.green

May 22nd 08, 12:10 PM
On May 21, 8:31*am, spindrift > wrote:
> Anyone done this please? I know I asked before but I lost the email
> address of a helpful person who had route suggestions.

Yes-I think it was me. we did the Easyjet to Krakow, overnight train
to Budapest, and then cycled back. If you decide to do it I can give
you all the details, maps etc, meantime search on the guardian web
site for "cycling the tetra" or something, we use this as a rough
guide to doing the route.
stu

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home