PDA

View Full Version : Re: Jersey Question?

F1
July 22nd 03, 07:16 PM
The jersey I bought from Nike zips all the way down to the belly. It is
high quality and features the Dri-Fit material.

"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very
most
> halfway down.
>
> Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it quick
> and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days we
> are having here now.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bruce

Pat
July 22nd 03, 07:40 PM
x-no-archive:yes

> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very
most
> halfway down.
>
> Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it quick
> and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days we
> are having here now.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bruce

A guy in our group fell and broke his collarbone last week. When the
paramedics arrived, he told them to pull the jersey off over his head
because he had paid so much for it. They ignored him and cut it off.
Anyway, it started a discussion in our group that the jerseys with the long
zippers must be for when you break your collarbone---thus enabling you to
"save the jersey". I haven't seen a jersey with a separating zipper, so I
am thinking you are referring to one with a zipper about 18" long.
www.performancebike.com has them--the ones I am looking at are made by
Hind.

Pat in TX

Denver C. Fox
July 22nd 03, 08:51 PM
>Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
>ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very most
>halfway down.

The current Performance sales catalog has several full zipper and nearly full
zipper jersetys on sale right now.

http://members.aol.com/foxcondorsrvtns
(Colorado rental condo)

http://members.aol.com/dnvrfox
(Family Web Page)

Antti Salonen
July 22nd 03, 09:19 PM
Pat > wrote:

> "save the jersey". I haven't seen a jersey with a separating zipper, so I
> am thinking you are referring to one with a zipper about 18" long.

I have a Castelli jersey with a zipper that goes all the way down.
However, I don't think it's this year's model, so getting one might be
tricky. Here's the store where I got it from, including a photograph:

http://www.bike-o-bello.de/1058904783-1161141/3-585-1.html

As far as I can see, it's a good feature, so I fail to understand why
all jerseys are not like that.

-as

Ken
July 22nd 03, 10:16 PM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in :
> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very most
> halfway down.

www.coloradocyclist.com sells several full-zip jerseys.
Also check your local bike shops. These aren't hard to find.

Bruce Johnston
July 22nd 03, 11:29 PM
:
> > Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All
the
> > ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very
most
> > halfway down.
>
> www.coloradocyclist.com sells several full-zip jerseys.
> Also check your local bike shops. These aren't hard to find.

Long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys are harder to find. I didn't mention that
I only wear long sleeve coolmax because my arms cannot tolerate the sun and
I would rather do that then put on sunblock on the arms. I do use sunblock
on the face and neck, legs. Riding for 6 hours between 10am and 6pm here on
100+ days is not only hard but you need to take caution of course. I still
love the long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys around the house working as
well. The trick it to find long sleeve summer coolmax with full length
zippers, and that's probably what will be hard to find.

B-

Pat
July 22nd 03, 11:52 PM
x-no-archive:yes

> Long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys are harder to find. I didn't mention
that
> I only wear long sleeve coolmax because my arms cannot tolerate the sun
and
> I would rather do that then put on sunblock on the arms. I do use sunblock
> on the face and neck, legs. Riding for 6 hours between 10am and 6pm here
on
> 100+ days is not only hard but you need to take caution of course. I still
> love the long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys around the house working as
> well. The trick it to find long sleeve summer coolmax with full length
> zippers, and that's probably what will be hard to find.
>
> B-

I can tell you that my local bike stores are having their long-sleeved items
on sale right now. Also, we have a Pearl Izumi store nearby that is having a
good sale on their long-sleeved and some short-sleeved stuff. Check
locally.

Pat in TX where it was only 103 today with a 15 mph wind out of the
southwest (straight across the Mexican desert)

Art
July 23rd 03, 03:05 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message >...
> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very most
> halfway down.
>
> Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it quick
> and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days we
> are having here now.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bruce

Try this site:

http://www.bicyclinghub.com/bicyclinghub/20tecl.html

Art

Art
July 23rd 03, 03:05 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message >...
> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very most
> halfway down.
>
> Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it quick
> and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days we
> are having here now.
>
> thanks,
>
> Bruce

Try this site:

http://www.bicyclinghub.com/bicyclinghub/20tecl.html

Art

Robin Hubert
July 23rd 03, 03:09 AM
"Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All the
> ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very
most
> halfway down.
>
> Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it quick
> and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days we
> are having here now.
>
> thanks,

If you don't mind paying a small fortune, Assos makes them.

--
Robin Hubert >

baltobernie
July 23rd 03, 09:04 PM
Robin Hubert > wrote in message
rthlink.net...
> "Bruce Johnston" > wrote in message
> > Where can I get jerseys like the Pros that unzip all the way down. All
the
> > ones I bought before at Performance and Nashbar only unzip at the very
> most
> > halfway down.
> >
> > Where are those cool jerseys for sale. Those are also great for working
> > around the house, especially around the house when you can unzip it
quick
> > and take a dip in the pool. Sure be nice now seeing 104-106 degree days
we
> > are having here now.
> >
> > thanks,
>
> If you don't mind paying a small fortune, Assos makes them.
> --
> Robin Hubert >

Whaddya mean "small"?

baltobernie
ps the reason there aren't many full zip jerseys available is because the
longer zipper adds another gram or two, which is unacceptable. Just ask
Fabrizio ;)

Fabrizio Mazzoleni
July 23rd 03, 11:07 PM
baltobernie wrote in message ...

>>ps the reason there aren't many full zip jerseys available is because the
>longer zipper adds another gram or two, which is unacceptable. Just ask
>Fabrizio ;)

I'm not concerned so much about the weight.

Those guys on the tube the last week climbing in the
Pyenees with their jersey unziped looked goofy.

Now Lance always keeps his zipped at least part
way up. But then his stomach and chest looks really
bad with all those lame scars from major surgery.

You seldom see top elite riders like me looking
bad like those guys over in France right now.

F. Golightly
July 24th 03, 12:20 AM
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" >
> You seldom see top elite riders like me looking
> bad snip --- >

Ahhh... you don't need to unzip your jersey as I'm sure an elite rider like
*you* doesn't work up a sweat... you do need to zip-up your mouth.

hth

Privatelife
July 28th 03, 12:52 AM
"Pat" > wrote in message
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> > Long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys are harder to find. I didn't mention
> that
> > I only wear long sleeve coolmax because my arms cannot tolerate the sun
> and
> > I would rather do that then put on sunblock on the arms. I do use
sunblock
> > on the face and neck, legs. Riding for 6 hours between 10am and 6pm here
> on
> > 100+ days is not only hard but you need to take caution of course. I
still
> > love the long sleeve summer coolmax jerseys around the house working as
> > well. The trick it to find long sleeve summer coolmax with full length
> > zippers, and that's probably what will be hard to find.
> >
> > B-
> >

> I can tell you that my local bike stores are having their long-sleeved
items
> on sale right now. Also, we have a Pearl Izumi store nearby that is having
> good sale on their long-sleeved and some short-sleeved stuff. Check
> locally.
>
> Pat in TX where it was only 103 today with a 15 mph wind out of the
> southwest (straight across the Mexican desert)

OK, now I'm curious. I'm going to ride the Hotter than Hell 100 in Wichita
Falls next month. Could a long sleeve possibly be cooler?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home