PDA

View Full Version : Dunwich Dynamo - anyone riding ?

pete whelan
July 18th 08, 07:10 PM
Anyone here riding DD tomorrow evening?

Should be there. Weather forecast is good.

wafflycat[_2_]
July 18th 08, 08:58 PM
"Pete Whelan" > wrote in message
> Anyone here riding DD tomorrow evening?
>
> Should be there. Weather forecast is good.

The weather forecast is good because I'm not cycling this year. My hours are
spent acting as chauffeur to the plastered one.

Peter Grange
July 18th 08, 09:28 PM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 20:58:16 +0100, "wafflycat"
> wrote:

>The weather forecast is good because I'm not cycling this year. My hours are
>spent acting as chauffeur to the plastered one.

Often falls to the lady of the house to drive plastered SO's about :-)

Pob
July 18th 08, 09:50 PM
"Peter Grange" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 20:58:16 +0100, "wafflycat"
> > wrote:
>

>>The weather forecast is good because I'm not cycling this year. My hours
>>are
>>spent acting as chauffeur to the plastered one.
>
> Often falls to the lady of the house to drive plastered SO's about :-)

For several values of plastered too...

pOB

pete whelan
July 20th 08, 07:58 AM
wafflycat wrote:

> "Pete Whelan" > wrote in message
>> Anyone here riding DD tomorrow evening?
>>
>> Should be there. Weather forecast is good.
>
> The weather forecast is good because I'm not cycling this year. My hours
> are spent acting as chauffeur to the plastered one.

The weather good, a very favourable wind, especially the second half.

A lot of people out there. It may beat the 2006 number. They had run
out of route sheets by 7pm, then a load more came about 30 minutes later.

The cafe at Dunwich was open at about 4am and heaving by 5am.

Not to bad a ride home for me, I was expecting a real hard headwind.

Zog The Undeniable
July 21st 08, 12:55 PM
Pete Whelan wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
>>
>> "Pete Whelan" > wrote in message
>>> Anyone here riding DD tomorrow evening?
>>>
>>> Should be there. Weather forecast is good.
>>
>> The weather forecast is good because I'm not cycling this year. My
>> hours are spent acting as chauffeur to the plastered one.
>
> The weather good, a very favourable wind, especially the second half.
>
> A lot of people out there. It may beat the 2006 number. They had run
> out of route sheets by 7pm, then a load more came about 30 minutes later.
>
> The cafe at Dunwich was open at about 4am and heaving by 5am.
>
> Not to bad a ride home for me, I was expecting a real hard headwind.

I didn't see you this time. Left 8.05, arrived 5.34 after an accidental
but perfectly pleasant detour via Stowmarket. First, and probably last,
time on a 69" fixed gear.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home