PDA

View Full Version : Thule 978 Easy Rider rack question. .

Coneill
July 23rd 03, 01:53 AM
I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my Honda
Accord. My one concern is the fear that the plastic coated metal clips will
chip the paint as the unit attaches to the upper and lower trunk lid as well
as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the unit won't
scratch or chip the paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any
experience with these types of clip-on Thule racks?? Are my concerns
justified or am I just being anal?

Thanks!

rb
July 23rd 03, 06:56 PM
I have a Thule model 962 rack on my Saturn station wagon. I haven't
seen any scratches or paint chips. The rack works well for me.

r.b.

"Coneill" > wrote in message >...
> I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my Honda
> Accord. My one concern is the fear that the plastic coated metal clips will
> chip the paint as the unit attaches to the upper and lower trunk lid as well
> as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the unit won't
> scratch or chip the paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any
> experience with these types of clip-on Thule racks?? Are my concerns
> justified or am I just being anal?
>

> Thanks!

Coneill
July 24th 03, 12:34 AM
R.b Thanks. Have you carried three bikes on it?

"rb" > wrote in message
om...
> I have a Thule model 962 rack on my Saturn station wagon. I haven't
> seen any scratches or paint chips. The rack works well for me.
>
> r.b.
>
> "Coneill" > wrote in message
> > I'm considering the purchase of this rack to mount on the back of my
Honda
> > Accord. My one concern is the fear that the plastic coated metal clips
will
> > chip the paint as the unit attaches to the upper and lower trunk lid as
well
> > as the sides. The local dealer says not to worry and that the unit won't
> > scratch or chip the paint, but, I'm not convinced! Does anyone have any
> > experience with these types of clip-on Thule racks?? Are my concerns
> > justified or am I just being anal?
> >

> > Thanks!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home