PDA

View Full Version : Stealing From Motorists, Yet Again

Nuxx Bar
September 27th 08, 02:40 PM
I'm sure the trolls will be really outraged by this, and by
"outraged", I mean experiencing such a surge of spiteful pleasure that
they'll probably be wanking off while reading it (except that they
won't be too happy about the prison sentence bit...they think that
prison sentences should be given to "speeders" (i.e. all motorists)
instead).

It just shows the level of callousness that accompanies the trolls'
fight against the evil motorists: they would never accept the kind of
behaviour below if it was perpetrated against anyone but motorists,
but because it *is* against motorists, they not only accept it
(thereby ignoring their usual principles of basic decency), they
actually rejoice in it. I suppose an irrational, idiotic pursuit such
as motorist-hating is likely to bring out the very worst in someone
(I'm sure that you're not all normally liars either, like you are when
you say "I'm not anti-motorist"), but it's still pretty shocking.

By the way, "_", do you agree that you're a complete **** who never
has anything original to say? If so, just reply with "Don't feed the
troll".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3835533.ece

Clamper had no mercy in extorting thousands from unwitting victims

A woman whose car-clamping operation extorted thousands of pounds from
motorists by towing away their vehicles and blackmailing them into
handing over cash has been told that she faces a prison sentence.

Rebecca Meakin’s victims included a doctor transporting blood samples
for analysis and a grandmother whose infant grandson was still in the
car.

Stafford Crown Court was told that motorists were targeted without
warning, often within moments of leaving the car park. They would
return to find their vehicles gone and were “blackmailed” into handing
over nearly £300 to get them back.

Meakin, 27, of Heath Hayes, Staffordshire, who had denied conspiracy
to blackmail, was remanded on bail for reports. She was told by Judge
Simon Tonking: “Those who commit offences of blackmail or conspiracy
to blackmail are likely to receive a custodial sentence and that is
certainly the sentence on the cards in this case.”

Jurors were told that motorists who tried to warn other people using
the private car parks about the practices of the clampers were
threatened.

In one incident, postal workers on the early morning shift had their
cars immobilised or removed. One motorist was clamped while visiting
his dead wife’s grave and another had his vehicle towed away with his
medication inside.

Meakin, the owner of Rowencroft Immobilisers, was the person giving
the orders to the clampers.

The clampers’ tactics were “aggressive and confrontational”, often
causing the motorist to break down in tears, the court was told. The
clampers demanded the legitimate sum of £95 to release the cars, but
often a “tow-away fee” of £295 was added.

Signs warning people that they could be clamped were not obvious.

“On occasions, cars would be used to block in cars being clamped,”
Anthony Potter, for the prosecution, said. “The final feature is the
manner in which Rowencroft demanded payment. Motorists were told only
cash would do. This was a cash cow, rather than an attempt to protect
private car parks. An operation not only criminal, but without
compassion.”

One of Meakin’s victims was Tracy Cross, who had to put her grandson,
Jenson, in her 4x4 while she sorted out the clampers’ demand for £295
for parking at the Midland Tattoo Centre in Cannock.

Mrs Cross told the jury: “I was standing next to my grandson, who was
on the driver’s seat and they hitched up the back of my car. My two-
and-a-half-year-old grandson was on the driver’s seat.”

Mrs Cross, from Heath Hayes, Cannock, said she was given 15 minutes to
get the money – in cash – or the car would be towed away.

Amarjit Verma, a doctor from Cannock, was taking blood samples from a
90-year-old patient for analysis. He parked in the tattoo parlour car
park to collect some mail from the sorting office. When he returned he
found his vehicle jacked up and clampers demanding £295. Although he
said that it was “vital” the blood was analysed in a hospital, he was
told to pay cash.

He offered to pay by credit card, but Meakin refused. Kamran Khan, a
former clamper who admitted the conspiracy, told jurors that one man
paid £7,000 to get his vehicle back. Asked about this, Meakin said the
amount was £700 and it was charged to the finance company that owned
the car.

Khan said that Meakin told him off for not being quick to clamp cars.
He was told not to make it obvious to people that he was a clamper and
to wait until motorists had parked and left before clamping them.

Meakin rejected suggestions that she made “more than £1,000 a day”
from her car-clamping operation.

_[_2_]
September 27th 08, 04:01 PM
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:40:19 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar wrote:

Nuxx Bar
September 27th 08, 05:48 PM
On Sep 27, 4:01*pm, _ >
wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:40:19 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar wrote:

>>By the way, "_", do you agree that you're a complete **** who never
>>has anything original to say? If so, just reply with "Don't feed the
>>troll".

There we have it then. "_" has admitted that he's a complete **** who
never has anything original to say. Was anyone ever really in the
slightest doubt? Still, nice to have honesty from one of the trolls.

Trevor A Panther[_2_]
September 27th 08, 07:44 PM
"_" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 06:40:19 -0700 (PDT), Nuxx Bar wrote:

Lets face it if you all stopped saying "don't feed the troll" -- I would
never see the w*nker -- which makes you all as bad as him. Stop it!!!!!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]
September 27th 08, 08:00 PM
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:44:32 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> said in
>:

>Lets face it if you all stopped saying "don't feed the troll" -- I would
>never see the w*nker -- which makes you all as bad as him. Stop it!!!!!

No, an obvious "don't feed the troll" reply will show up for
posterity (hello, posterity!) and prevent the standard troll idiocy
of claiming that some bull**** is unrefuted when in fact it is
simply ignored. You can filter on subject, that should do the
trick.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Tosspot[_2_]
September 28th 08, 10:43 AM
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:44:32 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> > said in
> >:
>
>> Lets face it if you all stopped saying "don't feed the troll" -- I would
>> never see the w*nker -- which makes you all as bad as him. Stop it!!!!!
>
> No, an obvious "don't feed the troll" reply will show up for
> posterity (hello, posterity!) and prevent the standard troll idiocy
> of claiming that some bull**** is unrefuted when in fact it is
> simply ignored. You can filter on subject, that should do the
> trick.

Trolls troll, troll feeders feed trolls, you'll never educate either.

judith
September 29th 08, 09:00 AM
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:00:17 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:44:32 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> said in
>:
>
>>Lets face it if you all stopped saying "don't feed the troll" -- I would
>>never see the w*nker -- which makes you all as bad as him. Stop it!!!!!
>
>No, an obvious "don't feed the troll" reply will show up for
>posterity (hello, posterity!) and prevent the standard troll idiocy
>of claiming that some bull**** is unrefuted when in fact it is
>simply ignored. You can filter on subject, that should do the
>trick.
>
>Guy

Good one - we cannot refute what the "troll" says - so we will say
that we are ignoring it - errrr - because "it is a troll" who has said
it.

You are not a full shilling Chapman.

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
Some evidence shows that helmeted cyclists are more likely to hit

Nuxx Bar
September 30th 08, 03:49 AM
On Sep 29, 9:00*am, judith > wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 20:00:17 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
>
> > wrote:
> >On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 18:44:32 GMT, "Trevor A Panther"
> > said in
> >:
>
> >>Lets face it if you all stopped saying "don't feed the troll" *-- I would
> >>never see the w*nker *-- which makes you all as bad as him. Stop it!!!!!
>
> >No, an obvious "don't feed the troll" reply will show up for
> >posterity (hello, posterity!) and prevent the standard troll idiocy
> >of claiming that some bull**** is unrefuted when in fact it is
> >simply ignored. *You can filter on subject, that should do the
> >trick.
>
> >Guy
>
> Good one - we cannot refute what the "troll" says - so we will say
> that we are ignoring it - errrr - because "it is a troll" who has said
> it.

Got it in one, as usual. They seem to have adopted all manner of
"coping strategies" like the above, for when someone comes onto this
newsgroup and proves them wrong (for the xxxxth time). They know they
can't refute what the person is saying, so they have two options:
admit that the person is right, or call the person a "troll" and hope
that they won't have the audacity to come onto *their* newsgroup and
post unwanted truths again.

Unfortunately, I will, and so will others, and we will always keep
doing so until people here have the basic courtesy to stop pretending
that they think we're talking rubbish and admit that we have a point.
The issues that the trolls find so awkward are not going to go away
just because they insult those who bring them up. They have to accept
that any stance which relies on continued censorship and ignorance of
the truth is untenable, and make amends accordingly. No amount of
them shooting the messenger will change that one iota.

> You are not a full shilling Chapman.

That's what decades of non-stop motorist-hating can do to someone.
It's not good for someone to campaign for something which they know to
be irrational for so long.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home