PDA

View Full Version : OT(ish): Pro cyclists - all time league table

Nige Danton
October 7th 08, 07:18 AM
Could some one help me out with this? I once had a link to a league
table of the all time greats of professional road cycling. It was
calculated by allocating points based on tours, race wins etc etc.
I've misplaced the link and my google fu has let me down badly.

Does anyone have a link to the site?

Thanks

--
Nige Danton

Rob Morley
October 7th 08, 06:17 PM
On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 23:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
Nige Danton > wrote:

> Could some one help me out with this? I once had a link to a league
> table of the all time greats of professional road cycling. It was
> calculated by allocating points based on tours, race wins etc etc.
> I've misplaced the link and my google fu has let me down badly.
>
> Does anyone have a link to the site?

Was it www.cyclinghalloffame.com ?

Nige Danton
October 8th 08, 12:51 AM
On Oct 8, 12:17*am, Rob Morley > wrote:

> Was itwww.cyclinghalloffame.com?

I'm a muppet. How did I fail to find that site.

That's it exactly, many thanks.

--
Nige Danton

Rob Morley
October 8th 08, 05:01 AM
On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
Nige Danton > wrote:

> On Oct 8, 12:17Â*am, Rob Morley > wrote:
>
> > Was it www.cyclinghalloffame.com?
>
> I'm a muppet. How did I fail to find that site.

It's only obvious when you know the answer. :-) It took several
minutes of intensive Googling to find it, to me "hall of fame" is a
phrase much more likely to be associated with baseball or Indy racing,
and the site doesn't come up if you search for more likely phrases
like "greatest cyclists of all time".

Nige Danton
October 8th 08, 06:14 AM
On Oct 8, 11:01*am, Rob Morley > wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Nige Danton > wrote:
> > On Oct 8, 12:17*am, Rob Morley > wrote:
>
> > > Was itwww.cyclinghalloffame.com?
>
> > I'm a muppet. How did I fail to find that site.
>
> It's only obvious when you know the answer. *:-) *It took several
> minutes of intensive Googling to find it, to me "hall of fame" is a
> phrase much more likely to be associated with baseball or Indy racing,
> and the site doesn't come up if you search for more likely phrases
> like "greatest cyclists of all time".

Ah, you are being kind. I stand by my original classification :) Mind
you I do agree that "hall of fame" isn't the phrase I'd have picked
either.

--
Nige Danton

Google