PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can You Find Quality 27" wheels for a decent price?

landotter
October 7th 08, 04:46 PM
On Oct 7, 9:42*am, wrote:
> On Oct 6, 9:13*pm, landotter > wrote:
>
> > Best value would be a Shimano Tiagra for about $30 through an online
> > merchant. If finish and (very slightly more) weight matter to you
> > spend $30 more for 105. I think the Tiagra looks pretty good, though.
>
> Other than appearance and weight, is there a difference between the
> Tiagras and the 105s?

Not one that you're going to notice. Adjusted well--the new Tiagras
are a really nice hub for a ridiculously cheap price. I had them on a
bike I sold--only part that didn't bug me ;-). The 105 races may or
may not be ground more finely--if someone knows the technical dirty
details--I'd love to know, but for daily duty, I'd build on Tiagra,
making sure that the bearings are correctly adjusted.

http://tinyurl.com/4sfyba

But hey--if you've got bux--go 105, Ultegra--or go Phil Wood, Paul or
better--I'm just saying that if you've got taps on your heels, Tiagra
will work fine.

October 8th 08, 06:40 AM
On Oct 7, 10:46*am, landotter > wrote:
> But hey--if you've got bux--go 105, Ultegra--or go Phil Wood, Paul or
> better--I'm just saying that if you've got taps on your heels, Tiagra
> will work fine.

I have the bux, but it means my November dwelling will be a cardboard
box. ;)

Current idea:

Rim: Sun CR-18
Spokes: Wheelsmith double-butted. Not sure about gauge yet.
Hub: Shimano Tiagra.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home