PDA

View Full Version : Will the Global Plunge make people plunge into bikes?

ComandanteBanana
October 7th 08, 06:53 PM
Gee, I just read the headlines today (I never bother to read the
rest): "Global Plunge of Markets!" The upper crust of the capitalistic
food chain must be real worried. When they are out of work, they won't
be able to burn that much oil. But will that make them smart enough to
switch the SUV for the bicycle, and the motorboat for the kayak? Or
they'll just cling to the old junk for sentimental reasons? "Oh, I
used to be a lion in the old times, but now I'm a survivor monkey!"

We know however that the monkeys can survive on peanuts and banana.
They can even be happy and multiply --provided they keep their toys.
Vegetarians with bikes and kayaks live longer.

We are ready for the plunge!

(view poll here)
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=474232

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(reason #102: because bananas pacify the lion!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Graculus
October 7th 08, 09:12 PM
"ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
> I just read the headlines today (I never bother to read the
> rest)

Given such a statement, is there any good reason why we should read any
further, either? It's hardly likely to be informed comment.

ComandanteBanana
October 7th 08, 09:49 PM
On Oct 7, 4:12*pm, "Graculus" >
wrote:
> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message

> > *I just read the headlines today (I never bother to read the
> > rest)
>
> Given such a statement, is there any good reason why we should read any
> further, either? It's hardly likely to be informed comment.

If I read the paper, I wouldn't have time for the Internet.

Besides, they tell you a slanted view of the world. We are still
looking for the WMDs they told us we would find in Iraq. ;)

KingOfTheApes
October 8th 08, 02:03 AM
(I hate the paper but I love the Internet. I can dig my own
information without wasting time. I know this crisis is good for bikes
for example...)

This article makes a funny comment about the need for credit as a
result of the financial crisis...

Without it "we'd all ride bicycles"...

So who needs all this credit? For one it goes to feed the hungry lion.
And he's been real greedy lately. ;)

'Credit keeps the economy moving, Godby said.

''The way I usually put it is credit in the economy is like oxygen,
and right now, the oxygen has been cut off, so we're kind of being
forced to hold our breath.

''But eventually we're going to have to start gasping if we don't get
some oxygen, and then eventually we'll suffocate, and that will be the
economy slowing down.''

Godby compared businesses to people in this respect.

''Imagine if you or I had to buy everything with money we've saved,''
he said. ''We probably all would live in crummy apartments and we'd
all ride bicycles.'

http://cbs4denver.com/coloradowire/22.0.html?type=local&state=WY&category=n&filename=WY--Meltdown-Wyoming.xml

ComandanteBanana
October 8th 08, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Allister
"Better stock up on spare parts, too. When the oil runs out and the
economy collapses, it's gonna be hard to get them."

We can go to the junk yards and dig 'em out. Besides there are plenty
of bikes in America to salvage parts for another century.

I don't know, I just want to look on the bright side of it.

ComandanteBanana
October 8th 08, 03:41 PM
On Oct 7, 10:53*pm, John Mayson > wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, KingOfTheApes wrote:
> > This article makes a funny comment about the need for credit as a
> > result of the financial crisis...
>
> > Without it "we'd all ride bicycles"...
>
> What's the downside? *:-)

No, there's no downside other than for those at the top...

http://libcom.org/files/images/iww-capitalist-pyramid_0.jpg

I found this more updated version though...

http://www.sott.net/image/image/10474/newcapitalistpyramidnt1.jpg

Pat
October 8th 08, 05:41 PM
On Oct 7, 1:53*pm, ComandanteBanana > wrote:
> Gee, I just read the headlines today (I never bother to read the
> rest): "Global Plunge of Markets!" The upper crust of the capitalistic
> food chain must be real worried. When they are out of work, they won't
> be able to burn that much oil. But will that make them smart enough to
> switch the SUV for the bicycle, and the motorboat for the kayak? Or
> they'll just cling to the old junk for sentimental reasons? "Oh, I
> used to be a lion in the old times, but now I'm a survivor monkey!"
>
> We know however that the monkeys can survive on peanuts and banana.
> They can even be happy and multiply --provided they keep their toys.
> Vegetarians with bikes and kayaks live longer.
>
> We are ready for the plunge!
>
> (view poll here)http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=474232
>
> WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
> (reason #102: because bananas pacify the lion!)
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
through precisely and you should be commented for it.

It's blatantly obvious from your remarks and the world, that a world
without cars/trucks is a world unlike any world you've seen. A world
of soley bikes is a world that quickly deteriorates into a world with
no bikes. A bicycle-based economy is unsubstainable. Without cars
and trucks and oil you cannot mine the ores you need for metals. You
cannot power the factories. You cannot deliver the food you need.
You cannot keep society going. The best you could imagine is a dirt-
poor, third world country.

The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
NEVER. It's impossible.

We will also NEVER run out of fuel. If oil is too expensive, we'll
switch to bio-fuel or coal or something else.

Ever wonder why there are still whales swimming around? Because whale
oil got too expensive and kerosene replaced it. Kerosene was replaced
by fuel oil and diesel. Fuel oil was replaced in may areas by Natural
Gas. It goes on and on. Your insistence on oil, oil, oil comes from
two places. First, your employer and second your inability to grasp
technological change.

The ONLY good part of a bicyle-based economy would the that I wouldn't
have to see your OT posts. There would be no internet. Also, when a
SUV ran you over, you'd die before you got to the hospital.

ComandanteBanana
October 8th 08, 06:42 PM
On Oct 8, 12:41*pm, Pat > wrote:

> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
> through precisely and you should be commented for it.

With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
something, right?

Anyway, the subject is NOT oil, but how the lack of credit will keep
you from buying Supersized Unnecessary Vehicles and other aberrations.

By the way, do you, as a city planner who lives in the boondocks,
finally figured out that city planning takes sidewalks? They are
conspicuously absent from the American suburbia, right?

> It's blatantly obvious from your remarks and the world, that a world
> without cars/trucks is a world unlike any world you've seen. *A world
> of soley bikes is a world that quickly deteriorates into a world with
> no bikes. *A bicycle-based economy is unsubstainable. *Without cars
> and trucks and oil you cannot mine the ores you need for metals. *You
> cannot power the factories. *You cannot deliver the food you need.
> You cannot keep society going. *The best you could imagine is a dirt-
> poor, third world country.

Maybe we can save 50% by junking all the SUVs and destined that to
real world solutions?

> The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> NEVER. *It's impossible.

You should watch documentaries (I've got the name somewhere) on the
subject. They give the year 2017 or so, and people fighting over a
gallon of oil and never occurring to them to ride a bike... That must
be you. ;)

> We will also NEVER run out of fuel. *If oil is too expensive, we'll
> switch to bio-fuel or coal or something else.

Again, bikes are under your radar. Maybe your cars will run on BS.
Manure has a high potential.

> Ever wonder why there are still whales swimming around? *Because whale
> oil got too expensive and kerosene replaced it. *Kerosene was replaced
> by fuel oil and diesel. *Fuel oil was replaced in may areas by Natural
> Gas. *It goes on and on. *Your insistence on oil, oil, oil comes from
> two places. *First, your employer and second your inability to grasp
> technological change.

My employer? Yeah they pay me to fight stupidity. But that I could for
free.

> The ONLY good part of a bicyle-based economy would the that I wouldn't
> have to see your OT posts. *There would be no internet. *Also, when a
> SUV ran you over, you'd die before you got to the hospital.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe there will be no SUV to run me over, and then the ambulance will
run on manure.

Jack May
October 9th 08, 03:42 AM
"ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
On Oct 7, 10:53 pm, John Mayson > wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, KingOfTheApes wrote:
> > This article makes a funny comment about the need for credit as a
> > result of the financial crisis...
>
> > Without it "we'd all ride bicycles"...
>
> What's the downside? :-)

No, there's no downside other than for those at the top...

You are at the very bottom of society. No money, no power, no voice, just
wanting to return to the past and far too low an intelligence to understand
what is going on in the world.

Jack May
October 9th 08, 03:44 AM
"Pat" > wrote in message
On Oct 7, 1:53 pm, ComandanteBanana > wrote:
> Gee, I just read the headlines today (I never bother to read the
> rest): "Global Plunge of Markets!" The upper crust of the capitalistic
> food chain must be real worried. When they are out of work, they won't
> be able to burn that much oil. But will that make them smart enough to
> switch the SUV for the bicycle, and the motorboat for the kayak? Or
> they'll just cling to the old junk for sentimental reasons? "Oh, I
> used to be a lion in the old times, but now I'm a survivor monkey!"
>
> We know however that the monkeys can survive on peanuts and banana.
> They can even be happy and multiply --provided they keep their toys.
> Vegetarians with bikes and kayaks live longer.
>
> We are ready for the plunge!
>
> (view poll here)http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=474232
>
> WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
> (reason #102: because bananas pacify the lion!)
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
through precisely and you should be commented for it.

It's blatantly obvious from your remarks and the world, that a world
without cars/trucks is a world unlike any world you've seen. A world
of soley bikes is a world that quickly deteriorates into a world with
no bikes. A bicycle-based economy is unsubstainable. Without cars
and trucks and oil you cannot mine the ores you need for metals. You
cannot power the factories. You cannot deliver the food you need.
You cannot keep society going. The best you could imagine is a dirt-
poor, third world country.

The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
NEVER. It's impossible.

We will also NEVER run out of fuel. If oil is too expensive, we'll
switch to bio-fuel or coal or something else.

Ever wonder why there are still whales swimming around? Because whale
oil got too expensive and kerosene replaced it. Kerosene was replaced
by fuel oil and diesel. Fuel oil was replaced in may areas by Natural
Gas. It goes on and on. Your insistence on oil, oil, oil comes from
two places. First, your employer and second your inability to grasp
technological change.

The ONLY good part of a bicyle-based economy would the that I wouldn't
have to see your OT posts. There would be no internet. Also, when a
SUV ran you over, you'd die before you got to the hospital.

Interesting, good analysis.

Jack May
October 9th 08, 03:46 AM
On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:

> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
> through precisely and you should be commented for it.

With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
something, right?

You by far have the lowest IQ in this newsgroup and have nothing of value to
contribute

Tom Keats
October 9th 08, 03:48 AM
In article >,
ComandanteBanana > writes:
> On Oct 8, 12:41*pm, Pat > wrote:
>> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
>> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
>> through precisely and you should be commented for it.
> With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
> drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
> something, right?

Say, whhaaat!!??

> Anyway, the subject is NOT oil, but how the lack of credit will keep
> you from buying Supersized Unnecessary Vehicles and other aberrations.
> By the way, do you, as a city planner who lives in the boondocks,
> finally figured out that city planning takes sidewalks? They are
> conspicuously absent from the American suburbia, right?

Sidewalks are great for keeping non-motorized traffic
off your streets & roads, right?

>> It's blatantly obvious from your remarks and the world, that a world
>> without cars/trucks is a world unlike any world you've seen. *A world
>> of soley bikes is a world that quickly deteriorates into a world with
>> no bikes. *A bicycle-based economy is unsubstainable. *Without cars
>> and trucks and oil you cannot mine the ores you need for metals. *You
>> cannot power the factories. *You cannot deliver the food you need.
>> You cannot keep society going. *The best you could imagine is a dirt-
>> poor, third world country.
> Maybe we can save 50% by junking all the SUVs and destined that to
> real world solutions?

Once a motor vehicle has been mfg'd, the greater part of its
ecological impact has already been irredeemably inflicted.
Motor vehicles are choking blights well before they roll off
the assembly lines. In some cases, motor vehicles are necessary.
But I'll tell ya what: just about anyone you "needs" a Prius or
a Chevy Sprint or whatever econocar city runabout, doesn't really
need a car at all. Plain & simple.

You rant & rave about SUVs, and those are already passe for
the last couple of years. Now the mfgs are pumping-out these
horrid li'l disposable cars.

>> The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
>> NEVER. *It's impossible.
> You should watch documentaries (I've got the name somewhere) on the
> subject. They give the year 2017 or so, and people fighting over a
> gallon of oil and never occurring to them to ride a bike... That must
> be you. ;)

<shrug> must be me, too, and a whole lot of other people here.
In a pig's eye!

>> We will also NEVER run out of fuel. *If oil is too expensive, we'll
>> switch to bio-fuel or coal or something else.
> Again, bikes are under your radar. Maybe your cars will run on BS.
> Manure has a high potential.
>>
>> Ever wonder why there are still whales swimming around? *Because whale
>> oil got too expensive and kerosene replaced it. *Kerosene was replaced
>> by fuel oil and diesel. *Fuel oil was replaced in may areas by Natural
>> Gas. *It goes on and on. *Your insistence on oil, oil, oil comes from
>> two places. *First, your employer and second your inability to grasp
>> technological change.
> My employer? Yeah they pay me to fight stupidity.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Heh.

You must be a True Believer. I guess that's why you were hired.

Later on, when things don't pan out the way you thought they
would, you could say you were just following orders.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Jack May
October 9th 08, 03:58 AM
On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:

Maybe we can save 50% by junking all the SUVs and destined that to
real world solutions?

Obviously you are extremely retarded, but even you should understand that
vehicle built to serve classes of problems in society. Bikes solve almost
none of the problems that real people must solve to make society work. You
are not contributing anything, just adding worthless noise to the newsgroup.

> The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> NEVER. It's impossible.

You should watch documentaries (I've got the name somewhere) on the
subject. They give the year 2017 or so, and people fighting over a
gallon of oil and never occurring to them to ride a bike... That must
be you. ;)

HEY RETARD, all manually powered vehicles require food to power them. That
food takes a lot of oil to produce for you to eat and use for fuel. If
there is no oil you will starve to death never able to ride your oil using
bike. Even a total retard like you should understand that but apparently
that is way beyond your mental capabilities.

Tom Keats
October 9th 08, 04:08 AM
In article >,
"Jack May" > writes:

> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
> On Oct 7, 10:53 pm, John Mayson > wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, KingOfTheApes wrote:
>> > This article makes a funny comment about the need for credit as a
>> > result of the financial crisis...
>>
>> > Without it "we'd all ride bicycles"...
>>
>> What's the downside? :-)
>
> No, there's no downside other than for those at the top...
>
> You are at the very bottom of society. No money, no power, no voice, just
> wanting to return to the past and far too low an intelligence to understand
> what is going on in the world.

Yeah, we humans are subhumans.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

Tom Keats
October 9th 08, 04:14 AM
In article >,
"Jack May" > writes:

> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
> On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:
>
>> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
>> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
>> through precisely and you should be commented for it.
>
> With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
> drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
> something, right?
>
> You by far have the lowest IQ in this newsgroup and have nothing of value to
> contribute

Hey, Technocracy Boy -- you 'n CommandanteBanana are
a match made in heave...

well, somewhere.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

ComandanteBanana
October 9th 08, 04:22 PM
On Oct 8, 12:41*pm, Pat > wrote:

> The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> NEVER. *It's impossible.

Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
& D. Now get on your bikes...

"Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel

The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
necessities of life would be complete chaos.

Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290

Pat
October 10th 08, 02:08 AM
On Oct 9, 11:22*am, ComandanteBanana >
wrote:
> On Oct 8, 12:41*pm, Pat > wrote:
>
> > The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> > NEVER. *It's impossible.
>
> Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
> you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
> & D. Now get on your bikes...
>
> "Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel
>
> The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
> and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
> of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
> in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
> already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
> our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
> depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
> necessities of life would be complete chaos.
>
> Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
> CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.
>
> http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290

I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. Do you really
believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
Bam, it'll be done. And if you believe that, do you believe that all
of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
stop.

That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?

ComandanteBanana
October 10th 08, 09:46 PM
On Oct 9, 9:08*pm, Pat > wrote:
> On Oct 9, 11:22*am, ComandanteBanana >
> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 12:41*pm, Pat > wrote:
>
> > > The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> > > NEVER. *It's impossible.
>
> > Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
> > you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
> > & D. Now get on your bikes...
>
> > "Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel
>
> > The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
> > and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
> > of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
> > in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
> > already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
> > our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
> > depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
> > necessities of life would be complete chaos.
>
> > Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
> > CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.
>
> >http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290
>
> I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. *Do you really
> believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> Bam, it'll be done. *And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> stop.
>
> That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide quoted text -

If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.

And not just "running out of oil" but a terrorist attack in Saudi
Arabia, or an oil embargo like the '70s, or a series of hurricanes, or
China getting hungrier for oil and launching a war... Then America
will be as prepared as the dinosaurs were for the asteroid.

How nice it would be have leaders that worried about energy the way
the worry about credit. And PREVENTION is better than R & D because is
cheaper, so let those who want to bike do so --in a safe environment,
not a jungle.

Jack May
October 10th 08, 09:55 PM
"Tom Keats" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Jack May" > writes:
>>
>> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
>> On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:
>>
>>> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
>>> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
>>> through precisely and you should be commented for it.
>>
>> With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
>> drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
>> something, right?
>>
>> You by far have the lowest IQ in this newsgroup and have nothing of value
>> contribute
>
> Hey, Technocracy Boy -- you 'n CommandanteBanana are
> a match made in heave...

And your claim to fame is that you can figure out how to ride a train?

Jack May
October 10th 08, 10:01 PM
On Oct 9, 9:08 pm, Pat > wrote:
> On Oct 9, 11:22 am, ComandanteBanana >
> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:
>
> > > The good news is, of course, that we will NEVER run out of oil.
> > > NEVER. It's impossible.
>
> > Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
> > you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
> > & D. Now get on your bikes...
>
> > "Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel
>
> > The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
> > and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
> > of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
> > in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
> > already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
> > our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
> > depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
> > necessities of life would be complete chaos.
>
> > Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
> > CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.
>
> >http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290
>
> I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. Do you really
> believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> Bam, it'll be done. And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> stop.
>
> That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide
> quoted text -

If there's a,....................

We have a very strong energy policy in the US. We are depending of a lot of
very smart, very rich people in the private economy to develop our future
energy sources. Far more effective than Government bumbling around.

?How nice it would be have leaders that worried about energy the way
?the worry about credit. And PREVENTION is better than R & D because is
?cheaper, so let those who want to bike do so --in a safe environment,
?not a jungle.

You are just terrified of R&D because you are incapable of thinking.

Prevention means just trying to stretch out a very limited supply over an
extremely long time. There is no policy more stupid than that. It never
works but exactly expected from a total retard like you.

Jack May
October 10th 08, 10:04 PM
"Tom Keats" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Jack May" > writes:
>>
>> "ComandanteBanana" > wrote in message
>> On Oct 8, 12:41 pm, Pat > wrote:
>>
>>> I know you're on the payroll of Big Oil to try to get people to not
>>> use bike and to use more cars, but finally you're getting that point
>>> through precisely and you should be commented for it.
>>
>> With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
>> drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
>> something, right?
>>
>> You by far have the lowest IQ in this newsgroup and have nothing of value
>> contribute
>
> Hey, Technocracy Boy -- you 'n CommandanteBanana are
> a match made in heave...

Typical brain dead response of the lower class losers like you who have no
capability to accomplish anything in society.

Rob Lindauer
October 10th 08, 10:22 PM
Jack May wrote:

> We have a very strong energy policy in the US. We are depending of a lot of
> very smart, very rich people in the private economy to develop our future
> energy sources. Far more effective than Government bumbling around.

Yup - those very smart, rich guys who were until recently running our
credit, mortgage, and investment banking firms

--
Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email address

ComandanteBanana
October 10th 08, 11:25 PM
On Oct 10, 5:22*pm, Rob Lindauer > wrote:
> Jack May wrote:
>
> > We have a very strong energy policy in the US. *We are depending of a lot of
> > very smart, very rich people in the private economy to develop our future
> > energy sources. * Far more effective than Government bumbling around.
>
> Yup - those very smart, rich guys who were until recently running our
> credit, mortgage, and investment banking firms
>
> --
> Rob Lindauer - Please change "att" to "sbc" for my real email address

I sincerely believe we are being lead by very smart people... But they
are only smart for themselves. ;)

Pat
October 11th 08, 02:04 AM
On Oct 10, 4:46*pm, ComandanteBanana >
wrote:
> On Oct 9, 9:08*pm, Pat > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 11:22*am, ComandanteBanana >
> > wrote:

> > > Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
> > > you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
> > > & D. Now get on your bikes...
>
> > > "Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel
>
> > > The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
> > > and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
> > > of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
> > > in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
> > > already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
> > > our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
> > > depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
> > > necessities of life would be complete chaos.
>
> > > Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
> > > CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.
>
> > >http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290
>
> > I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. *Do you really
> > believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> > and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> > Bam, it'll be done. *And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> > of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> > there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> > have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> > stop.
>
> > That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide quoted text -

> If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
> a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
> ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
> your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
> financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.
>
> And not just "running out of oil" but a terrorist attack in Saudi
> Arabia, or an oil embargo like the '70s, or a series of hurricanes, or
> China getting hungrier for oil and launching a war... Then America
> will be as prepared as the dinosaurs were for the asteroid.
>
> How nice it would be have leaders that worried about energy the way
> the worry about credit. And PREVENTION is better than R & D because is
> cheaper, so let those who want to bike do so --in a safe environment,
> not a jungle.

Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
that there's no FOOD policy !!!! There's no government agency -- at
any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
food. No food planning. No crop planning. Do centralized
warehousing. No transportation planning. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No
one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. That
should scare you.

Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
everything. Hmmmm.

Tom Keats
October 11th 08, 02:30 AM
In article >,
Pat > writes:

> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
> that there's no FOOD policy !!!!

That's left in the hands of (or has been handed-over to)
Global Corporatism. Or is that Corporate Globalism?
Anyways, the folks who said that a Global Economy (and
we're all seeing how well that's working out) is good
for everybody, are in charge of that. Anybody's national
gov't might not have a food policy, but rest assured the
current incarnation of Monsanto does. It's possibly in
step with their biofuel policy.

There's a food policy. It's just not socialized or capitalized.
It's just underhandedly, globally monopolized. And condoned by
governments, without citizens' say-so, and behind our backs,
and hiding behind the apron-strings of Intellectual Property law.
That's how Global Corporate "inventors" of GMO seed can claim
ownership of a farmer's crops. In fact, they can claim "ownership"
of anyone's DNA. Even yours, if it's useful to them.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

Tom Sherman[_2_]
October 11th 08, 03:19 AM
Pat in NY wrote:
> [...]
> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
> that there's no FOOD policy !!!! There's no government agency -- at
> any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
> food. No food planning. No crop planning. Do centralized
> warehousing. No transportation planning. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No
> one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
> local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. That
> should scare you.
>
> Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
> everything. Hmmmm.

There is a surplus of food in the world, yet a large portion of the
world's population is malnourished, or even starving. Yep, the "free
market" is doing a heck-of-a-job!

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.

Amy Blankenship
October 11th 08, 05:38 AM
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> Pat in NY wrote:
>> [...]
>> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
>> that there's no FOOD policy !!!! There's no government agency -- at
>> any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
>> food. No food planning. No crop planning. Do centralized
>> warehousing. No transportation planning. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No
>> one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
>> local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. That
>> should scare you.
>>
>> Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
>> everything. Hmmmm.
>
> There is a surplus of food in the world, yet a large portion of the
> world's population is malnourished, or even starving. Yep, the "free
> market" is doing a heck-of-a-job!

People who say that the free market is very effective usually have pot
bellies.

Tom Keats
October 11th 08, 06:24 AM
In article >,
"Amy Blankenship" > writes:

>> There is a surplus of food in the world, yet a large portion of the
>> world's population is malnourished, or even starving. Yep, the "free
>> market" is doing a heck-of-a-job!
>
> People who say that the free market is very effective usually have pot
> bellies.

Where exactly /is/ this "free" market?

Actually, where are these free market people w/ pot bellies?
'Cuz I'm hungry, and a li'l tenderloin would hit the spot.
And liver & onions.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

drydem
October 11th 08, 12:50 PM
wrote:
> On Oct 9, 9:08*pm, Pat > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 11:22*am, ComandanteBanana >
> > wrote:

> > > Hey, you must change channels once a while. Fox News will only tell
> > > you the viewpoint of the lion. Remember this, SAVING IS CHEAPER THAN R
> > > & D. Now get on your bikes...
>
> > > "Oil Apocalypse" in Mega Disasater, History Channel
>
> > > The oil that runs our world won't last forever. The gap between supply
> > > and demand is ever-growing. Even without increasing our current rate
> > > of consumption we will empty the Earth's large but finite reservoirs
> > > in a relatively short time. Will alternative energy save us or is it
> > > already too late? What would happen to the world as we know it when
> > > our oil dependent industries come to a grinding halt? A worldwide
> > > depression is a certainty but a power struggle for the basic
> > > necessities of life would be complete chaos.
>
> > > Are we looking down the barrel of an OIL APOCALYPSE? This THE HISTORY
> > > CHANNEL® DVD paints a terrifying picture.
>
> > >http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=108290
>
> > I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. *Do you really
> > believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> > and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> > Bam, it'll be done. *And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> > of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> > there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> > have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> > stop.
>
> > That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide quoted text -

> If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
> a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
> ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
> your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
> financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.

To a supply-sider economics advocate - allowing energy prices
to rise to curtail energy usage and economic growth
is the *ideal* energy policy. Only those usages and types
of growth that can afford the higher energy prices would
continue consuming those forms of energy. Usages
and growth which could not afford higher fossil fuel cost
would have to switch to a lower cost energy source or
risk elimination. That is as oil prices go higher - it will
provide the economic foundation for rival energy forms
to supplant it. If you are to believe in Adam Smith's
economic paradigm out of the ashes of defeat comes the
flames of rebirth.

george conklin[_2_]
October 11th 08, 01:21 PM
"Pat" > wrote in message

Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
that there's no FOOD policy !!!! There's no government agency -- at
any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
food. No food planning. No crop planning. Do centralized
warehousing. No transportation planning. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No
one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. That
should scare you.

Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
everything. Hmmmm.

-----

Well, we didn't have a banking policy either and look where that got us.

ComandanteBanana
October 12th 08, 06:04 PM
On Oct 10, 9:04*pm, Pat > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:46*pm, ComandanteBanana >
> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 9:08*pm, Pat > wrote:

> > > I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. *Do you really
> > > believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> > > and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> > > Bam, it'll be done. *And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> > > of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> > > there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> > > have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> > > stop.
>
> > > That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide quoted text -

> > If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
> > a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
> > ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
> > your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
> > financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.
>
> > And not just "running out of oil" but a terrorist attack in Saudi
> > Arabia, or an oil embargo like the '70s, or a series of hurricanes, or
> > China getting hungrier for oil and launching a war... Then America
> > will be as prepared as the dinosaurs were for the asteroid.
>
> > How nice it would be have leaders that worried about energy the way
> > the worry about credit. And PREVENTION is better than R & D because is
> > cheaper, so let those who want to bike do so --in a safe environment,
> > not a jungle.
>
> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. *Do you realize
> that there's no FOOD policy !!!! *There's no government agency -- at
> any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
> food. *No food planning. *No crop planning. *Do centralized
> warehousing. *No transportation planning. *Nothing. *Nada. *Zilch.. *No
> one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
> local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. *That
> should scare you.
>
> Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
> everything. *Hmmmm.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, there's a lot of planning for wars for years to come. We should
be stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan for a long while.

Military bureaucracy is so good at it. ;)

ComandanteBanana
October 12th 08, 06:07 PM
On Oct 11, 7:50*am, drydem > wrote:
> On Oct 10, 4:46*pm, ComandanteBanana >
> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 9, 9:08*pm, Pat > wrote:

> > > I can't believe I'm asking this, but what the heck. *Do you really
> > > believe that on some day in 2017 all of the oil wells will just go dry
> > > and we will have pumped the last gallon of oil out of the ground?
> > > Bam, it'll be done. *And if you believe that, do you believe that all
> > > of scientists and engineers and inventors of the world will stand
> > > there looking at the empty wells and saying "oops, we really should
> > > have planned for that" as all of the lights go out and all of the cars
> > > stop.
>
> > > That scenario is beyond comprehension, but is that really your view?- Hide quoted text -

> > If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
> > a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
> > ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
> > your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
> > financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.
>
> To a supply-sider economics advocate - allowing energy prices
> to rise to curtail energy usage and economic growth
> is the *ideal* energy policy. Only those usages and types
> of growth that can afford the higher energy prices would
> continue consuming those forms of energy. Usages
> and growth *which could not afford higher fossil fuel cost
> would have to switch to a lower cost energy source or
> risk elimination. *That is as oil prices go higher - it will
> provide the economic foundation for rival energy forms
> to supplant it. If you are to believe in Adam Smith's
> economic paradigm out of the ashes of defeat comes the
> flames of rebirth.- Hide quoted text -

There's truth to it, but how can we make it happen (the prices to high
enough) without taxation? What are left with, praying for 10 bucks a
gallon?

ComandanteBanana
October 12th 08, 06:10 PM
On Oct 11, 8:21*am, "george conklin" > wrote:
> "Pat" > wrote in message

> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. *Do you realize
> that there's no FOOD policy !!!! *There's no government agency -- at
> any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
> food. *No food planning. *No crop planning. *Do centralized
> warehousing. *No transportation planning. *Nothing. *Nada. *Zilch.. *No
> one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
> local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. *That
> should scare you.
>
> Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
> everything. *Hmmmm.
>
> -----
>
> * *Well, we didn't have a banking policy either and look where that got us.

I've thought you could never say anything smart. Congratulations!

But now the government is buying into the banks, so it's turning
communists! Communism is good!

Just kidding. ;)

Jack May
October 12th 08, 10:14 PM
"Rob Lindauer" > wrote in message
> Jack May wrote:
>

>> We have a very strong energy policy in the US. We are depending of a lot
>> of very smart, very rich people in the private economy to develop our
>> future energy sources. Far more effective than Government bumbling
>> around.
>>

> Yup - those very smart, rich guys who were until recently running our
> credit, mortgage, and investment banking firms

We are talking about Venture Capital guys not money fantazy guys. Venture
capital people build things, not just manipulate money. So your solution is
to let the dumb people like you do everything?

Jack May
October 12th 08, 10:19 PM
"george conklin" > wrote in message

> "Pat" > wrote in message
>
> Don't worry about a so-called lack of a energy policy. Do you realize
> that there's no FOOD policy !!!! There's no government agency -- at
> any level -- that is in charge of ensuring that there will be enough
> food. No food planning. No crop planning. Do centralized
> warehousing. No transportation planning. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No
> one is encharged with making sure that there will be food in your
> local grocery store tomorrow, next week, next year, or in 2017. That
> should scare you.
>
> Of course, it might just be that centralized planning isn't needed for
> everything. Hmmmm.

Hmmm. Mentally challenged Amy planning everything or people that now how to
make things work actually making thing works. Such a hard decision. Such a
hard decision :-)

Tadej Brezina
October 13th 08, 10:11 AM
Jack May wrote:
> "Tom Keats" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> "Jack May" > writes:

>>> With tha IQ of yours you must be voting for McCain, right? He's for
>>> drilling and if drilling doesn't cut, then he'll invade Venezuela or
>>> something, right?
>>>
>>> You by far have the lowest IQ in this newsgroup and have nothing of value
>>> contribute
>> Hey, Technocracy Boy -- you 'n CommandanteBanana are
>> a match made in heave...
>
> Typical brain dead response of the lower class losers like you who have no
> capability to accomplish anything in society.

Hey you seem to have shifted your name callings from technology laggards
to the poor and bad educated ones.
Is that evolution Jack May style?

Tadej
--
"Vergleich es mit einer Pflanze - die wächst auch nur dann gut, wenn du
sie nicht jeden zweiten Tag aus der Erde reißt, um nachzusehen, ob sie

ComandanteBanana
October 13th 08, 06:32 PM
On Oct 12, 5:14*pm, "Jack May" > wrote:
> "Rob Lindauer" > wrote in message

> > Jack May wrote:
>
> >> We have a very strong energy policy in the US. *We are depending of a lot
> >> of very smart, very rich people in the private economy to develop our
> >> future energy sources. * Far more effective than Government bumbling
> >> around.
>
> > Yup - those very smart, rich guys who were until recently running our
> > credit, mortgage, and investment banking firms
>
> We are talking about Venture Capital guys not money fantazy guys. *Venture
> capital people build things, not just manipulate money. *So your solution is
> to let the dumb people like you do everything?

I try at least to keep a check on those greedy guys. Which is what
they are trying to do anyway now, no?

ComandanteBanana
October 13th 08, 06:35 PM
On Oct 13, 5:11*am, Tadej Brezina > wrote:
> Jack May wrote:
> > "Tom Keats" > wrote in message

> >> Hey, Technocracy Boy -- you 'n CommandanteBanana are
> >> a match made in heave...
>
> > Typical brain dead response of the lower class losers like you who have no
> > capability to accomplish anything in society.
>
> Hey you seem to have shifted your name callings from technology laggards
> to the poor and bad educated ones.
> Is that evolution Jack May style?

If they think like that about the American poor, you just need to
imagine what he thinks like for the poor of Africa or Iraq...

I wonder why they even bothered to liberate the latter? ;)

ComandanteBanana
October 13th 08, 08:02 PM
Call it REVOLUTIONARY PEP TALK, but it has a grain of truth...

Originally Posted by Fremdchen
"I wanted to buy some stock in bike companies... but all the big names
are privately owned!"

Buy a little name, and then when it grows you'll be able to ride a
limo around.

Just kidding, no capitalist pigs here. Buy a bike for the
revolution...

(Bob Marley's)

http://www.americasbikecompany.com/Rasta_Irie_Cruiser_bike_p/201-01-06.htm

The Banana Revolution has largely been inspired by Marley, so this
bike is good enough until we come up with a banana bike.

ComandanteBanana
October 13th 08, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by jgedwa
"No one ever believed me years ago when I said I precipitated the
whole Grunge scene. But, now I will be believed about this. I have
been in the vanguard of bikes and crappy apartments for my entire
adult life."

jim

You must be one of those proletarians of the capitalist jungle... and
that's a sin.

Anything that makes you filthy rich is good.

ComandanteBanana
October 13th 08, 08:11 PM
(Not sure if you'll ever have THE TIME to think about these things)

Originally Posted by geo8rge
"As an economic decision riding a bike will make more sense if fuel is
more dear, and time less valuable. People that might have been willing
to bike 3mi could consider 5mi now that they cannot afford fuel and
their hourly wage is less or they work part time.

The problem is that bicycles are not free, there are many expenses
associated with them. If you cannot repair it yourself, you may not
have an LBS near by. People who drive cars are not ignorant, they are
making a rational choice given their situation."

The whole economics of it is that a car makes you more successful, and
the more succesful you are the better and bigger the car you want and
the more you've got to work, so in the end it's better to be less
successful and have the time to ride a bike.

Jym Dyer
October 13th 08, 09:38 PM
> The Banana Revolution has largely been inspired by Marley ...

=v= Please don't blame Bob Marley for what is actually quite
clearly the result of way too much ganja.
<_Jym_>

ComandanteBanana
October 14th 08, 05:53 PM
On Oct 13, 4:38 pm, Jym Dyer > wrote:
> > The Banana Revolution has largely been inspired by Marley ...
>
> =v= Please don't blame Bob Marley for what is actually quite
> clearly the result of way too much ganja.
> <_Jym_>

If Marley smoked too much weed, and I smoke banana peels... it's not
your problem, right?

Or are also part of that big hypocrisy of "the War on Drugs"?

Peace and Banana, man. ;)

drydem
October 16th 08, 07:33 AM
On Oct 12, 1:07*pm, ComandanteBanana >
wrote:
> On Oct 11, 7:50*am, drydem > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 10, 4:46*pm, ComandanteBanana >
> > wrote:

> > > If there's a lesson to be learned from the program is NOT so much that
> > > a crisis will happen in 2017 or so, just that AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE AN
> > > ENERGY POLICY! When you are not prepare for something or you stick
> > > your head in the sand, many things can happen, just like the current
> > > financial crisis, unforseen --but predictable-- a few months ago.
>
> > To a supply-sider economics advocate - allowing energy prices
> > to rise to curtail energy usage and economic growth
> > is the *ideal* energy policy. Only those usages and types
> > of growth that can afford the higher energy prices would
> > continue consuming those forms of energy. Usages
> > and growth *which could not afford higher fossil fuel cost
> > would have to switch to a lower cost energy source or
> > risk elimination. *That is as oil prices go higher - it will
> > provide the economic foundation for rival energy forms
> > to supplant it. If you are to believe in Adam Smith's
> > economic paradigm out of the ashes of defeat comes the
> > flames of rebirth.- Hide quoted text -

> There's truth to it, but how can we make it happen (the prices to high
> enough) without taxation? What are left with, praying for 10 bucks a
> gallon?- Hide quoted text -

Open standards - public domain technology -
intellectual property right free standard vehicle technologies
which are guaranteed to meet or exceed NTSA standards..
e.g. Linux for EV onboard computers, Lithium-Ion battery
modules, ....
..
..

Google