PDA

View Full Version : OT How the NSA monitors overseas calls

Mike A Schwab
October 9th 08, 04:25 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5987804&page=1

Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans
U.S. Officers' "Phone Sex" Intercepted, Recorded, Shared Across NSA
Listening Post
By BRIAN ROSS, VIC WALTER, and ANNA SCHECTER
Oct. 9, 2008

Despite pledges by President George W. Bush and American intelligence
officials to the contrary, hundreds of US citizens overseas have been
eavesdropped on as they called friends and family back home, according
to two former military intercept operators who worked at the giant
National Security Agency (NSA) center in Fort Gordon, Georgia.

Intercept operators allege the NSA is listening to citizens' phone
calls.

"These were just really everyday, average, ordinary Americans who
happened to be in the Middle East, in our area of intercept and
happened to be making these phone calls on satellite phones," said
Adrienne Kinne, a 31-year old US Army Reserves Arab linguist assigned
to a special military program at the NSA's Back Hall at Fort Gordon
from November 2001 to 2003.

Kinne described the contents of the calls as "personal, private things
with Americans who are not in any way, shape or form associated with
anything to do with terrorism."

She said US military officers, American journalists and American aid
workers were routinely intercepted and "collected on" as they called
their offices or homes in the United States.

[much more at the link]

October 9th 08, 04:51 PM
Good. These turncoat traitors arent saying how many plots are foiled
due to this. If they want to listen to me call home ask the wife if
we need milk and then I Love You so what.

On Oct 9, 11:25*am, Mike A Schwab > wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5987804&page=1
>
> Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans
> U.S. Officers' "Phone Sex" Intercepted, Recorded, Shared Across NSA
> Listening Post
> By BRIAN ROSS, VIC WALTER, and ANNA SCHECTER
> Oct. 9, 2008
>
> Despite pledges by President George W. Bush and American intelligence
> officials to the contrary, hundreds of US citizens overseas have been
> eavesdropped on as they called friends and family back home, according
> to two former military intercept operators who worked at the giant
> National Security Agency (NSA) center in Fort Gordon, Georgia.
>
> Intercept operators allege the NSA is listening to citizens' phone
> calls.
>
> "These were just really everyday, average, ordinary Americans who
> happened to be in the Middle East, in our area of intercept and
> happened to be making these phone calls on satellite phones," said
> Adrienne Kinne, a 31-year old US Army Reserves Arab linguist assigned
> to a special military program at the NSA's Back Hall at Fort Gordon
> from November 2001 to 2003.
>
> Kinne described the contents of the calls as "personal, private things
> with Americans who are not in any way, shape or form associated with
> anything to do with terrorism."
>
> She said US military officers, American journalists and American aid
> workers were routinely intercepted and "collected on" as they called
> their offices or homes in the United States.
>
> [much more at the link]

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home