PDA

View Full Version : UNICON 14 DOCUMENTARY - by Jess Riegel

Jester2000
October 11th 08, 01:33 AM
http://unicyclejester.com/images/unicon_14_riegel_webbanner.gif][/url]

It took me much longer than I imagined to complete, but its done! The
52-minute feature documentary covers many events at this year's Unicon,
including: Freestyle, Street, Flatland, Trials, Downhill Gliding, Track
events, Uni-Basketball, Uni-Hockey, Opening & Closing Ceremonies, and
the Parade. The film also captures a bit of the fun that takes place in
between the daily competitions. This documentary was made possible by
the generous support of Municycle.com and Unicycle.tv. Thank you!!

_The_BEST_way_to_watch_the_film_ is to download and burn the DVD image.
This includes the full quality film, chapter index, director's
commentary, and more. The feature is conveniently broken up into 12
segments so the viewer has more control over what he or she wishes to
watch!

Use a program like -Nero- or -Roxio's Toast- to burn the downloaded
img file to a dvd disc. Pop in your DVD player and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can play the .img file on your computer using a
program like VLC player (available for both mac & PC). Currently,
however, we are experiencing some problems with this method... try it
and let me know.

[i]

> 3 W A Y S T O W A T C H :
>
> FULL DOWNLOADABLE DVD (2.7 GB)
> http://tinyurl.com/4eer37
>
> HIGH-QUALITY QUICKTIME (460 MB)
> http://videos.unicycle.tv/727.unicon14-themovie.mov
>
> UNICYCLE.TV MULIT-FORMAT VIEWER (WMV, FLV, & MOV)
> http://www.unicycle.tv/video/727-Unicon14-TheMovie

Unfortunately I could not cover all Unicon 14 events. I -really- wish
I could have captured the awesome MUNI competitions, but that particular
day I decided to leave the camera behind and focus on competing.

I hope you enjoy!!

-Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'My Photo
Gallery!' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery)

unicycledood
October 11th 08, 02:02 AM
AWESOME!!!! Had no idea you were making this. downloading now, feedback
later.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
> haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

surfer1024
October 11th 08, 02:02 AM
I'm downloading it and I'm gonna burn it to a dvd like you said to do. I
can't wait, I know its gonna be awesome!

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

Pseudonym
October 11th 08, 02:05 AM
I'm d/ling too.

How much bandwidth does that site have? It seems to d/l pretty damn
quickly (250kb/s), but a mirror or a torrent might be useful if it gets
bogged down.

--
Pseudonym

Spencer Hochberg
October 11th 08, 02:13 AM
It's so awesome! Jess did a really good job. Kit made a good interviewer
too. It's really entertaining and funny, I liked the intro too.

--
Spencer Hochberg

BedfordUnicycles.ca
UniFlatland.com

Jester2000
October 11th 08, 02:16 AM
DVD image mirror:
http://www.testebene.de/unicycle.tv/unicon_14_riegel.img
Thanks Olaf!

And I forgot to say in my post.... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME
ON THIS PROJECT!

-Jess

--
Jester2000

'unicyclejester.com' (http://www.unicyclejester.com) | 'My Photo
Gallery!' (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery)

beeper
October 11th 08, 02:49 AM
That was very well put together, and extremely entertaining.

I wish I was there, but I'm rather exited, because I may be going to
the next unicon.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)

timekeeper
October 11th 08, 03:01 AM
Twas awesome Jess! I look forward to your coming productions :D

-Paul

--
timekeeper

Magixause
October 11th 08, 03:06 AM
I was watching the high quality quicktime one and it was loading fine
but then stopped loading in the middle of the flatland competition....so
I'm loading it again after waiting a while so hopefully it will work all
the way through this time...

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel

padst3r
October 11th 08, 04:44 AM
omg yes !!!!! i'm always watching your konnichiwheel video and i am
downloading this right now

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

johnfoss
October 11th 08, 04:49 AM
Very nice as always; great memories. Plus it was great seeing more of
the stuff I was not present for, especially the opening ceremonies (we
were in DK, but driving around lost at the time!). I really missed
having some of the MUni in there though...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper

_Ground_Zero_
October 11th 08, 05:10 AM
uhgg...it froze once the interview in the trials section started. The
video was great though, awesome filming and editing!

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd

Jerrick
October 11th 08, 06:25 AM
If you dont want to burn a dvd just virtually mount the cd image and
watch it form there. Thats what I do.

4hrs left on it (just started) so ill watch it tomorrow.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

padst3r
October 11th 08, 09:52 AM
I have no idea but ive tried downloading the flv,mov and wmv and none of
them have downloaded properly.they have all finished downloading but
have only done about 1/4 of the video

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

padst3r
October 11th 08, 10:25 AM
I couldnt delete my post in time but i used a program instead of firefox
to download it and it worked fine.Awesome vid man :cool:

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

epistolize
October 11th 08, 11:12 AM
i've really been looking forward to this- i'm going to get a dvd and
burn it so i can watch it when i get back from work. :)

at least all through work i can go "i've got something good to come
home to!!"

--
epistolize

affirmation: i will hit tricks in a heavy stylee, quit prehoppin and
flow freelyhttp://uk.youtube.com/user/epistolize :cool:
organise my th:rolleyes:ughts into lines
:D 'www.voodoounicycles.com' (http://www.voodoounicycles.com)
and WORK "I lli T!
eratepeoplegetthefulleffectofalphabetsoup?"

padst3r
October 11th 08, 11:36 AM
That was seriously the best video i have ever watched in my whole
life.It completely inspired me to work harder towards my goals.:D Great
work Jess

--
padst3r

'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
Proud member of the Team Nelson Unicyclists
*)---':D, 6ft Static Gap

MrBoogiejuice
October 11th 08, 12:25 PM
Nice work Jess, been looking forward to seeing all the bits I missed due
to leaving early.

Fifty two minutes... Golly!

Did you include anything from Nakke?

Once again, nice work mate!

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Horst---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
www.Dreadworx.co.uk For proper natty dreads

olarf
October 11th 08, 12:48 PM
Great work Jess! Many thanks for investing so many houres in this
Project.
We decide to offer the DVD online and for free to all of you.
'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com) sponsored the production a
lot which makes the decision more easy :D Thanks to them and all other
who help to make it possible.

If you really like the DVD, feel free to use our Donation Button on
'utv' (http://www.unicycle.tv). You will find your money in the next
Jess Riegel Video project. There is no better investment possible this
times :)

--
olarf

'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
'gunf.org' (http://www.gunf.org)
'e-u-c.info' (http://www.e-u-c.info)
'IUF' (http://unicycling.org/iuf/)

legtod2
October 11th 08, 12:53 PM
Thanks for sharing. Truly impressive to see the global unicycle
community come together.

--
legtod2

Terry Fox & Trish Crandall...
my inspiration in life.

Linusk
October 11th 08, 01:10 PM
Superb! Enjoyed every second of it! Nice work on the documentary. Seems
like a memory for life.

--
Linusk

Pin

MrBoogiejuice
October 11th 08, 01:43 PM
Just finished watching... Jess, you did reet good.

The music and editing is absolutely spot on.

Brought back some excellent memories and makes me wish I'd stayed
longer to see the rest of the shenanigans.

Are you planning on coming to Wuko?

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Horst---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
www.Dreadworx.co.uk For proper natty dreads

TonyMelton
October 11th 08, 01:48 PM
Great movie, Jess! The gliding section at Sondermark School turned out
really well.

Good music and editing, too! :)

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/unimeltdown)

Smilymarco
October 11th 08, 02:20 PM
Awesome stuff!

Great dokumentation :)

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen -> Denken -> Posten

sxbud138
October 11th 08, 02:49 PM
Can someone post a link to what i need to download to burn this movie on
a dvd. Also on my laptop says compact disc rewritable is this what i
need to burn a dvd. Any help would be great since i have no idea what im
doing.
Thanks !

--
sxbud138

Ben_Ceyssens
October 11th 08, 04:58 PM
Awesome film! Enjoyed it very much!

--
Ben_Ceyssens

Jerrick
October 11th 08, 06:15 PM
sxbud138;1111344 wrote:
> Can someone post a link to what i need to download to burn this movie on
> a dvd. Also on my laptop says compact disc rewritable is this what i
> need to burn a dvd. Any help would be great since i have no idea what im
> doing.
> Thanks !

You need DVD-+RW for burning dvds.

What you can do, is get Nero Vision, download the 460mb version of this
movie. Go into Nero Vision, and select to make a MiniDVD. That uses a
plugin that will burn your videos to a regular cd, that are playable in
most dvd players. If you want to know more, use google, or go straight
to Neros site.

Slim DVD burners for laptops are very cheap now, so you could just
upgrade and be good.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Into the blue
October 11th 08, 08:04 PM
Excellent film.

Kit, you are the Des Lynham of the unicycling world.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
> i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
> get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
> get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
> lol...awwsum.

UniKid2
October 11th 08, 11:20 PM
How do you download the thingy.?!? HELP

Edit: Vimeo. Megaupload?

--
UniKid2

-To be, or not to be... That is the question....-
The ****s will be up and running within a day or two at ogreshirts.com
- Ogre
0

/ I \

/ ' \

brendan
October 12th 08, 09:38 AM
UniKid2;1111479 wrote:
> How do you download the thingy.?!? HELP
>

> Edit: Vimeo. Megaupload?

copy the URL into the URL bar of your browser and press enter.

wget http://djwaiodwji.com/video.img

or w/e.

Cheers for the video downloading the full dvd now really looking
forward to it!

--
brendan

Smilymarco
October 12th 08, 12:10 PM
btw. the guy bashing his rim near the end... (around minute 45)

thats me with the useless dob stuff...

--
Smilymarco

'Municycle.com' (http://www.municycle.com)
Lesen -> Denken -> Posten

kington99
October 12th 08, 01:54 PM
Jerrick;1111226 wrote:
> If you dont want to burn a dvd just virtually mount the cd image and
> watch it form there. Thats what I do.
>
> 4hrs left on it (just started) so ill watch it tomorrow.

could you possibly explain how to do this? DVD burner is being a pain

--
kington99

Dave

UniKid2
October 12th 08, 02:40 PM
brendan;1111794 wrote:
> copy the URL into the URL bar of your browser and press enter.
>
> wget http://djwaiodwji.com/video.img
>
> !

links dead

The ****s will be up and running within a day or two at ogreshirts.com
- Ogre
0

/ I \

/ ' \

MrBoogiejuice
October 12th 08, 02:51 PM
kington99;1111848 wrote:
> could you possibly explain how to do this? DVD burner is being a pain

Download daemon tools lite and install it.

Once it's installed right click on the icon in the system tray and
'mount image'.

Select the movie and you should then be able to watch it with your
usual video software with daemon tools acting as a virtual disk drive.

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Horst---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
www.Dreadworx.co.uk For proper natty dreads

Emile.m
October 12th 08, 04:12 PM
Downloaded the 2.8gb file, didn't worked. Yay I'm happy, now I can't
enjoy the dvd and I can't download anything else big fr the rest of the
month because I will go over my download limit....

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

MrBoogiejuice
October 12th 08, 06:18 PM
Have you tried the steps above or burning it to dvd?

--
MrBoogiejuice

---unicycle for Horst---
Make crumbs not War!
www.unicyclepics.co.uk Get your pics out!
www.Dreadworx.co.uk For proper natty dreads

pedrotejada
October 12th 08, 06:30 PM
Awsome Jess :D

I could se me in the UNICON fun part, glinding down the hall and
talking with miles and spencer in front of Lars shop, and in the party
in the massage circle :D

Really cool... The only thing is that the .img isn't working that
good... My mac said that it was broke, and my pc burned the dvd but the
quality sucked...

Anyway, awesome job... Can't wait to see more from you!

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*

Brazilian Unicycling Team

Add me on 'FaceBook'
(http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1284254657)
Add me on 'MySpace'
(http://www.myspace.com/pedrotejada)

gkmac
October 12th 08, 06:48 PM
Just seen all of the Quicktime version, enjoyed it so much that I
immediately wanted to watch it all again. Perhaps I will be adding
"attend a Unicon" to my bucket list.

It's a "DVD" made available free, but I would have gladly paid for it.

Unfortunately the DVD image doesn't work properly. Although it seems to
play from the beginning OK, any attempt to trick play or select a
chapter causes malfunctions. This applies when playing the .img directly
with xine on my Linux box and PowerDVD on my housemate's PC.

A DVD made from this image using cdrecord/wodim causes problems on two
different hardware players, and exactly the same things happen with a
DVD made with Nero.

--
gkmac

"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
"If its wet, it won't hurt as much when we fall off." - Eddbmxdude

amanda.gallacher
October 12th 08, 06:57 PM
Jess, that was amazing! Loved every second of it.

--
amanda.gallacher

'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)

Emile.m
October 12th 08, 07:27 PM
MrBoogiejuice;1111949 wrote:
> Have you tried the steps above or burning it to dvd?

Yes, and I also tried reading it but not on the dvd and it didn't
worked either...

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

kington99
October 12th 08, 09:33 PM
gkmac;1111961 wrote:

> Unfortunately the DVD image doesn't work properly. Although it seems to
> play from the beginning OK, any attempt to trick play or select a
> chapter causes malfunctions.

Yeah I followed Kit's instructions and it plays fine some of the time,
but goes AWOL if you try to skip around, and will sometimes skip or just
freeze for no reason. Might try burning to DVD again, might just have
been a dirty disk.

--
kington99

Dave

surfer1024
October 12th 08, 11:32 PM
Emile.m;1111971 wrote:
> Yes, and I also tried reading it but not on the dvd and it didn't worked
> either...

+1 I burned 2 dvds and they both didnt work proper.
It only showed the intro and right at the beggining of the opening
ceremonies, then it would turn blocky and not show right.

It was a good vid, the trials looked the most fun IMO

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

Pseudonym
October 12th 08, 11:54 PM
I've got the exact same problem as above. If i just mount an image, it
doesn't even play. The sound is fine though.

Will watch the quicktime version.

--
Pseudonym

ntappin
October 13th 08, 12:02 AM
pedrotejada;1111953 wrote:
> Awsome Jess :D
>
> I could se me in the UNICON fun part, glinding down the hall and
> talking with miles and spencer in front of Lars shop, and in the party
> in the massage circle :D
>
> Really cool... The only thing is that the .img isn't working that
> good... My mac said that it was broke, and my pc burned the dvd but the
> quality sucked...
>
> Anyway, awesome job... Can't wait to see more from you!

O man gliding down that hall was soooo much fun! Destroyed my five
ten's but now I get them for wholesale price so woo!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

harper
October 13th 08, 02:10 AM
First, thanks Jess for putting so much effort into this project and then
making it available for free to all of us. Very thoughtful and generous
of you and your collaborators.

Second, has anyone had complete success downloading the full image and
either burning it to DVD or mounting it on a virtual player? If so,
please indicate the site used for the source and any software you used.

Third, this is my experience with it so far. It took me something like
20 hours to download the image file from the site Jess first mentioned.
I could use Daemon Tools to get the image to mount and then play through
PowerDVD but I have the same freezing and skipping problems that others
have reported. Burning the image to a DVD-RW disc using DVDDecrypter
exhibits the same freezing and skipping problems. I used a -RW rather
than a +R or -R disc because I didn't know if it was going to work. It's
easy to see how a file that takes this long to download could be
corrupted. Again, was anyone successful with the full image?

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith

hungry4uni
October 13th 08, 04:20 AM
I feel real bad for Joe Hodges, that line where Maxime Cabot won wasn't
all that difficult, joe just made a stupid mistake.

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two

'My
Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/mthomasdpm)
*'My
Sponsor' (www.sixsixone.com/)*

surfer1024
October 13th 08, 05:11 AM
hungry4uni;1112266 wrote:
> I feel real bad for Joe Hodges, that line where Maxime Cabot won wasn't
> all that difficult, joe just made a stupid mistake.

wasn't that difficult:eek:? most of us couldn't do it:(. But yeah he
didn't really do a bad fall on something hard ( for their level).

I guess someones gotta win, and that was Maxime! He needs more videos.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5

olarf
October 13th 08, 10:16 AM
As there seems to be some trouble with the .img file, we uploaded a zip
file and an ISO image will follow also.
So please wait, the zip file should be availiable tonight and we will
post the link here later that day. I burn the zip file yesterday and it
results in a normal DVD.
@ Emile: sorry for killing your DL limit, isn't there a friend close
to you who can make a second try for you ?

--
olarf

'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
'gunf.org' (http://www.gunf.org)
'e-u-c.info' (http://www.e-u-c.info)
'IUF' (http://unicycling.org/iuf/)

olarf
October 13th 08, 11:39 AM
gossi found some time today so here are the links to the .zip file which
is also 2,8 GB big. You can download it here:
'unicon_14_doc_riegel_DVD.zip' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8qya) or here:
'unicon_14_doc_riegel_DVD.zip' (http://tinyurl.com/463uvr)

After downloading and unzipping it, you should delete 2 files from the
VIDEO_TS folder. Delete "UNICON14DENMARKDDVDSP.layout" and
"VOB_DATA.LAY"
Then you can burn a normal DVD from it which should run on PC, MAC and
standalone DVD Player. That DVD content a Menu and some features that
you cant find in the .mov file :D
For those who prefer smaller files there is still the option to
download the mov, wmv or flash version. The mov is the best qualtity
from those 3 smaller files.
You find those files here:
'mov file' (http://videos.unicycle.tv/727.unicon14-themovie.mov)
'wmv file' (http://videos.unicycle.tv/727.unicon14-themovie.wmv)
'flash file' (http://videos.unicycle.tv/727.unicon14-themovie.flv)

Finaly you can just watch it on 'unicycle.tv'
(http://www.unicycle.tv/video/727-Unicon14-TheMovie)

--
olarf

'unicycle.tv' (http://www.unicycle.tv)
'gunf.org' (http://www.gunf.org)
'e-u-c.info' (http://www.e-u-c.info)
'IUF' (http://unicycling.org/iuf/)

Emile.m
October 13th 08, 03:08 PM
olarf;1112405 wrote:
> @ Emile: sorry for killing your DL limit, isn't there a friend close to
> you who can make a second try for you ?

It's okay, I'll just burn the QT version, and I'll download the full
dvd next month and I'll give the QT version to a unicycling friend.

--
Emile.m

Ntappin wrote:

> I'm a butcher, and it took me like 10 minutes to get one nub off my
> luna.

2nd *)---TreFlip-'O,

M'y galler' (http://tinyurl.com/23w828)y

lpounds
October 30th 08, 05:38 PM
This movie is awesome. You are a really good editor. I think I will
put this on my iPhone for viewing on the subway.

--
lpounds

'' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=7-q-VOaDB7M&feature=related)

mattwood22
October 31st 08, 12:25 PM
Ive created a torrent file for those who would prefer to do it that way

|Filename: unicon 14 torrent.zip |

mattwood22

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home