PDA

View Full Version : Need unicycle tips.

crosseyed
October 11th 08, 11:03 AM
I've gotten alrite at unicycling the past week. i can ride about 1km (
approx) without falling off. i want to try and improve my balance and
consistance with pedaling. i keep going fast then slowing down and it
doesn't flow. Any Tips?? should i just keep practising riding and it
should just come to me??

--
crosseyed

1wheelwonder
October 11th 08, 11:19 AM
Keep a straight back and keep the pedalling consistant. Apart from that
just practice. Smoothness will come with time.

--
1wheelwonder

I AM the ninja unicyclist! KIIIAAAAIIIII!!!!

I'm in shape! ....... round is a shape....:p

Hazmat
October 11th 08, 12:26 PM
crosseyed;1111287 wrote:
> I've gotten alrite at unicycling the past week. i can ride about 1km (
> approx) without falling off. i want to try and improve my balance and
> consistance with pedaling. i keep going fast then slowing down and it
> doesn't flow. Any Tips?? should i just keep practising riding and it
> should just come to me??

Well, these tips may help you somewhat my friend.
*1) *Keep your weight on the seat, not the pedals.
*2) *Like 1wheelwonder said. Keep a straight back.
*3) *Perseverance and a lot of patience.
*4) *Repeat these steps in your head and you will soon be riding like
its 2nd nature. :D

--
Hazmat

I'M 1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

catinabag1 wrote:
> we should provide the defibrilator
> TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

:D 'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM) :D

evil-nick
October 11th 08, 04:18 PM
Practice :) And as soon as you feel comfortable, try different
terrain... dirt roads/gravel, grass, transitions in between,
uphill/downhill. You'll fall off a lot (grass is tricky, it hides the
bumps), but the more kinds of terrain you ride on, the better you'll get
:)

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/

1wheelwonder
October 12th 08, 12:08 AM
^^^ I don't advise under water unicycling though...

--
1wheelwonder

I AM the ninja unicyclist! KIIIAAAAIIIII!!!!

I'm in shape! ....... round is a shape....:p

hobo_chuck
October 12th 08, 01:25 AM
1wheelwonder;1111491 wrote:
> ^^^ I don't advise under water unicycling though...

I do, just ride a tire full of wet sand and wear a lead belt so you
don't float too badly:)

--
hobo_chuck

Hazmat
October 12th 08, 07:49 AM

'Why not' (http://www.unicycling.org/btdt/scubauni.jpg)*???* :confused:

--

catinabag1 wrote:
> we should provide the defibrilator
> TPBM want some ice cream with smarties while they power up!

:D 'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM) :D

crosseyed
October 12th 08, 08:58 AM
ok thanks everyone for your tips.