PDA

View Full Version : Townie parts availability?

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
October 15th 08, 11:35 AM
My wife, at age XX, now owns the first new bike she has ever owned --
a PINK Townie 3.

We purchased it at a bike shop in XXXXX, VA. She wants the Townie
front and rear fenders and handlebar basket plus a chrome (not brass)
IncrediBell. The shop ordered these parts when we purchased the bikes
over a month ago.

Parts still are not in. We call the shop weekly and get the same
story -- parts not in, problems getting Townie parts, trying to re-
order.

Really???

Mike A Schwab
October 15th 08, 05:01 PM
On Oct 15, 5:35*am, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
> wrote:
> My wife, at age XX, now owns the first new bike she has ever owned --
> a PINK Townie 3.
>
> We purchased it at a bike shop in XXXXX, VA. *She wants the Townie
> front and rear fenders and handlebar basket plus a chrome (not brass)
> IncrediBell. *The shop ordered these parts when we purchased the bikes
> over a month ago.
>
> Parts still are not in. *We call the shop weekly and get the same
> story -- parts not in, problems getting Townie parts, trying to re-
> order.
>
> Really???

http://www.electrabike.com/townie/

Due to very high sales volumes, frames and parts are in short supply
in the bicycle industry.

landotter
October 15th 08, 05:30 PM
On Oct 15, 5:35*am, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
> wrote:
> My wife, at age XX, now owns the first new bike she has ever owned --
> a PINK Townie 3.
>
> We purchased it at a bike shop in XXXXX, VA. *She wants the Townie
> front and rear fenders and handlebar basket plus a chrome (not brass)
> IncrediBell. *The shop ordered these parts when we purchased the bikes
> over a month ago.
>
> Parts still are not in. *We call the shop weekly and get the same
> story -- parts not in, problems getting Townie parts, trying to re-
> order.

My LBS has been short on Townie schwag, u-locks, and a bunch of stuff
as well. It happens this time of year because of the Interbike
convention.

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names
October 16th 08, 12:39 AM
On Oct 15, 6:35*am, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
> wrote:
> My wife, at age XX, now owns the first new bike she has ever owned --
> a PINK Townie 3.
>
> We purchased it at a bike shop in XXXXX, VA. *She wants the Townie
> front and rear fenders and handlebar basket plus a chrome (not brass)
> IncrediBell. *The shop ordered these parts when we purchased the bikes
> over a month ago.
>
> Parts still are not in. *We call the shop weekly and get the same
> story -- parts not in, problems getting Townie parts, trying to re-
> order.
>
> Really???

Okay -- thanks to all who responded. I'm a novice at this bicycle
business. The shop where we purchased the bike has an excellent
reputation -- glad to hear that it's a common problem.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home