PDA

View Full Version : Re: local skate park says no to unis and bikes !

skilewis74
October 30th 08, 12:30 AM
sxbud138;1121520 wrote:
> I was told that the concreat was not hard enough and bikes will damage
> the surface.

At a local skate park I've been told the same thing. The issue is the
metal pegs and bar ends will damage the concrete. Also the grinding
surfaces were made for grinding w/ soft aluminum or plastic and the
steel would tear it up.

Also safety was an issue since bikes and skateboards sometimes take
different lines, it's harder to hear a bike coming if someone doesn't
see it and a bike can hurt more if it hits someone.

Put plastic pedals on or aluminum ones w/ pedal protectors and the pins
removed. Then explain how there will be nothing hard to hit the
concrete, or mess w/ the grinding surfaces, and it's unlikely the uni
would ever hit anyone.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'

pedrotejada
October 30th 08, 01:00 AM
sxbud138;1121536 wrote:
> I dont think i have seen a skate park charge any money, unless its in
> doors.
> My local one is free, paid of corse by my tax dollars !

Public don't ask money here and normally is really ugly and
destroyed...

Private are expensive and hard to find where I live (we only have some
far away from my house... São Paulo is HUGE)

There are some skate parks that charge just some money for
maintenance... normally deals between skate brands like Billabong and
the government to run the skate park...

--
pedrotejada

*BUT*