PDA

View Full Version : Re: Quote of the day (from non-riders)

OneWheelLess
October 28th 08, 04:37 PM
now that I look back on it... Nothing's funnier than being followed by a
tone deaf homeless dude trying to hum the circus tune, lol. At the time
I was somewhat annoyed. He then proceeded to try to bum cigarettes, and
then caught himself and said "oh I guess you probably don't smoke, so
you can stay healthy and keep doing that" to which I responded there
were other reasons I didn't smoke. He asked why and I said I just prefer
to stay healthy so I can enjoy my life to the fullest, and not end up w/
cancer some day. It appeared this was not a concept that had occurred to
him, lol

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.

MT High
November 1st 08, 06:18 AM
One bicyclist in a group of three said "Keep fighting the good fight" as
I rode past them.

--
MT High

JayDallas
November 1st 08, 06:57 AM
There is a school near my house that I ride at often because of urban
obstcles and things. Seems like whenever I go there I get a "hey look
its the unicycle man!" or a "look,he's riding on a unicycle" and one
time I got a "hey daddy,he's riding a bike with one wheel!" from all of
the kids on the playgrounds Haha.they all just make me laugh.

--
JayDallas

AK_unipsycho
November 1st 08, 06:58 AM
riding home from school I someone shouted "get a bike you f*cking
faggot!" followed by a full gatorade bottle hurling at my head. I just
can't help but love how generous people are, I mean come on, It's not
every day someone hands out a free gatorade!

--
AK_unipsycho

Ducttape
November 1st 08, 04:25 PM
AK_unipsycho;1122663 wrote:
> riding home from school I someone shouted "get a bike you f*cking
> faggot!" followed by a full gatorade bottle hurling at my head. I just
> can't help but love how generous people are, I mean come on, It's not
> every day someone hands out a free gatorade!

did you catch it, open it, and start drinking it while riding? that
would have been hard core

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

Chrashing
November 1st 08, 07:22 PM
While riding my Nimbus 36 on the street, half way up one of the steepest
hills I'm able to climb, struggling a bit because I'm not used to the
short cranks, a man driving down stops, rolls down his window and asks
me directions. I point that it's back the way he came, while thinking,
give me a freaking break.

Then the insensitive man proves what an idiot he is by backing up the
hill to get back to the intersection, with traffic already backed up
behind him.

I didn't wait around, didn't hear a crash, just glad he didn't run me
over.

Made the hill.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......

hobo_chuck
November 2nd 08, 12:33 AM
Ducttape;1122778 wrote:

> AK_unipsycho;1122663 wrote:
> > riding home from school I someone shouted "get a bike you f*cking
> > faggot!" followed by a full gatorade bottle hurling at my head. I just
> > can't help but love how generous people are, I mean come on, It's not
> > every day someone hands out a free gatorade!
>

> did you catch it, open it, and start drinking it while riding? that
> would have been hard core

I caught a skateboard someone threw at me.:)

Unfortunately it was broken--But now I have half a skateboard!

--
hobo_chuck

sigve
November 2nd 08, 08:48 PM
As some of you may know it's getting colder in norway and it's snowy and
icey.. well i was out riding my 29er with my dog.. and then this man on
a bike comes up and said "GOD DAMN!!!! I WASN'T SURE I HAD THE BALLS TO
TAKE MY BIKE OUT!! AND YOU COME ON ONE WHEEL!!" and I'm writing this in
capslock because he was yelling it.. like i was deaf.. seriously...
it was awesome :D

--
sigve

_*Sorry_for_my_english_it's_not_great,_but_I_work_ hard_to_get_it_better_:D
*_

minkuni
November 2nd 08, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I remember one comment I got last winter during my first test run
with the studded tyre on my 26. There was ice everywhere and people were
having enough trouble staying on their feet, while I was casually
rolling along on the wheel.

While waiting for the green light to cross a street a guy asks me
slightly uncertainly "Did you lose a bet or are you doing this on a
dare?". I just replied that I did it for the fun of it. I don't think he
accepted that explanation, but at least he didn't get in my way when the
light turned green :p

--
minkuni

GILD
November 3rd 08, 09:19 AM
How did you make your studded tyre?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/session_061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'Seager'
(http://tinyurl.com/62anrw) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=85449)

minkuni
November 9th 08, 10:52 AM
No need to make one when those nice Finns manufacture them by the
bucketload :p I use 'this one from Nokian'
(http://www.suomityres.fi/ext294.html).

--
minkuni

Rowan
November 10th 08, 04:20 AM
"I'm going to do Three Mountain" said Ruby enthusiastically referring to
her attempts at freemounting before learning to ride. I've explained to
her what freemounting is but yet she seems to remember it as Three
Mountain.

--
Rowan

zfox001
November 10th 08, 04:23 AM
these two road biker guys in full spanex were sitting on the side of the
road changing a tire and they were clearly trying to be like the "cooL
guys'
so of course they have to ask me....where is your other wheel

I just told them i took off my training wheel cause having a second
wheel was for girls.

and this girl with them started laughing and they got really
embarrassed.
Not sure if it was because they couldnt change their tire or because
the girl was laughing at them. it was funny all the same

--
zfox001

UniKid2
November 10th 08, 10:50 PM
Kids in a daycare today sayd..." My grandma's better than you!"
My friend replyed, "Oh! Id love to meet her!"

--
UniKid2

_*Approximate*_
'Countdown To OUI' 09' (http://tinyurl.com/6axmep)

*Vive le Québec Libre!*

unipsyco:i have tried my friend's kh and it's really killing my
knees..
sp4rky-m4rky:i swear you must be doing something wrong.

StephenH
November 11th 08, 05:25 AM
"The man said 'look dear, a penny farthing'...i just smiled and thought
to myself 'yeah, thats right, a penny farthing......"

It's really irritating to me, but when I do a search on Ebay for
unicycles, invariably there's several pictures or figurines with
penny-farthings which the ignorant sellers have called unicycles. Guess
they figure that little wheel doesn't count.

--
StephenH

caudy
November 16th 08, 12:00 AM
I got some great responses from skaters today. They thought it was
amazing, took loads of photos and one of them learnt to pedal 3
rotations in 5 minutes (I guess the balance transfers over). It's not a
quote as such but it was a good response.

--
caudy

...:D unicycling down 50 stairs-'video'
(http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zWnrWV7PfkU) :D -

Chrashing
November 16th 08, 01:20 AM
Forrest Ranger, We were told to bring you in for riding before the trail
opened.

They had grand opening of a trail in Hyde Park NY today. My being a
few minutes early and the only person on a unicycle (or a bicycle), I
didn't feel like being a spectacle at the ribbon cutting so I sneaked
around the ribbon and was the first one on the trail. Had it to myself.
Turns out the opening ceremony was delayed so much that I made the trip
to the end and back, arriving just as the first crowd were starting to
hike.

Luckily, the Ranger's were amused and just joking with me.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......

Ducttape
November 16th 08, 02:45 AM
Had TONS of comments today too many to remember really, lots of
impressed people talked to us and asked us to show some stuff to them.
One shy little boy with his parents asked me and Phil(catinabag1) to
show him some tricks "Hi... ummm can you umm... show us... ummm how ummm
you umm ride umm those and umm show some tricks please?" it was sooo
cute haha. Me and Phil were riding this one wall and a whole photography
class came up to us and asked if they could take pictures for their
class. that was cool I ended up doing a few unispins and wheelwalking
and stuff I even rode most of the skinney with photography students
heads and expensive cameras inches from my head I also fell crotch first
into a really point stabby bush that was on one side of the bush. Then
we were at another place outside a dumpy apartment complex playing on a
set of parking barriers and a planter box type thing that was falling
apart and some guy came by to go into his apartment and he said "it's
about time someone put this crap to good use." and another guy was
heading into his apartment and We were riding and he said "what if you
did some sort of backside 180 and then rode off it?" Then I did it and
he said "Man that was the Scariest yet coolest thing I've seen all day,
I was really hung over until that point." and he went inside. After that
a guy came up and started videoing us on his cell phone to send to his
sister in another state. Then we went to PGE park and rode and a guy who
was probably high and drunk came up to us and said "F*** unicycling man,
take up skateboarding and alcohol abuse and you'll be happy... Well
maybe not but yeah forget unicycling man, skateboarding and alcohol."
Phil was laughing and he got in Phil's face and said "What it was good
advice man." As he walked away he said something about unicycling that
we didn't hear but it was funny.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

Jeremy R
November 16th 08, 03:15 AM
Cool! Oh no! Did you do ANOTHER ninja spin :p.

Today I got suspicious looks from the person watching my house while
the rest of my family is on vacation in NY. Maybe it had to do with me
riding in my room.

--
Jeremy R

'_*BRING_ROUNDCROWNS_BACK!*_'
(http://unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/framecoloured1.jpg)
'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby

Ducttape
November 16th 08, 03:27 AM
Jeremy R;1131847 wrote:
> Cool! Oh no! Did you do ANOTHER ninja spin :p.
>
> Today I got suspicious looks from the person watching my house while
> the rest of my family is on vacation in NY. Maybe it had to do with me
> riding in my room.

lol I did a few for the photography class.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

petad
November 16th 08, 03:28 AM
What are ninja spins and backside 180's?

--
petad

')--360unispin-O
2nd'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSqkj_5d6Y)
')-Crankflip-'O,
5th'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNVgwwHR9M)

Ducttape
November 16th 08, 03:49 AM
petad;1131852 wrote:
> What are ninja spins and backside 180's?

ninja spins are just my style of unispins lol My left(or right
depending on the launch) foot just comes straight up and the other leg
extends all the way out and the 'backside 180' was just his way of
saying riding forward and 180ing the gap... look up backside 180 ollie
on youtube.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*

martin.phillips
November 22nd 08, 09:53 PM
Cycling along the canal towpath during lunch break, a lovely, sunny day.
Ahead, a bench is set back from the path, and a couple is sitting on it.
It looked as if it was a "first kiss" moment, both droopy eyed, he was
bending over her, poised to stick his tongue down her throat. She
spotted me from the corner of her eye and burst into a very un-ladylike
belly laugh. He looked distraught.

A beautiful moment spoilt for them ;)

--
martin.phillips

Chikimonkey
November 22nd 08, 10:22 PM
martin.phillips;1135734 wrote:
> Cycling along the canal towpath during lunch break, a lovely, sunny day.
> Ahead, a bench is set back from the path, and a couple is sitting on it.
> It looked as if it was a "first kiss" moment, both droopy eyed, he was
> bending over her, poised to stick his tongue down her throat. She
> spotted me from the corner of her eye and burst into a very un-ladylike
> belly laugh. He looked distraught.
>
> A beautiful moment spoilt for them ;)

Hahaha
That is awesome!

--
Chikimonkey

I don't know any unicyclists! =(

boisei
November 23rd 08, 04:40 AM
"You must have lost a bet." - one of many on today's 109 mile El Tour De
Tucson

--
boisei

Google